How are you feeling?

Who cares... ? Also, it would’nae make much difference if ah telt ye, anyway. Same ol’ $h!%, different day for me, ultimately. Same ol’ crappy family to deal with, as always. :mad: Well, the “adults” at least... my nieces aren’t as bad, they’re more tolerable than the rest o’ them, and that sayin’ summit. My depression is slowly getting worse, I should probably channel my feelings into writing some instrumental music, I suppose? :unsure: Just don’t know where to begin with it... since I haven’t really sat down and wrote using something else as inspiration. :confused:

Feel like I've been hit by a Tsunami, and I'm back to struggling trying to make it back up to the surface again for some air. 😢

Just when you have been treading water sufficiently enough to breath for about a few weeks, then....BOOM!!

Out of no where, no warning, no reason, another huge wave comes and sinks you deep under the water again.

Depression is such a cruel thing. :(
Yep, I can relate, there ! That’s pretty much how ah huv felt dealing with my family for the past 2 years.

Feel like I've been hit by a Tsunami, and I'm back to struggling trying to make it back up to the surface again for some air. 😢

Just when you have been treading water sufficiently enough to breath for about a few weeks, then....BOOM!!

Out of no where, no warning, no reason, another huge wave comes and sinks you deep under the water again.

LoyalXenite

Would you say you're feeling

I feel you though, seems Im going through another slump again already

You’d think a week’s holiday to Spain would change some folk, wouldn’t ye? But naw, not my older sister. It’s back to how things were 18 feckin’ years... her spoiling for a f__kin’ argument an almost daily basis ! But hey, never bloody mind that rest o’ us were f__kin’ collateral damage when everything went to $h!% during the summer of 2017. Our lives changed anaw... but ah guess it does’nae count, eh? Since we’re the good for nuthin’, do f__k all clan of eejits. :mad:

woke up feelin ok, like the past month or so. Then out of nowhere I feel like this crushing weight of blackness and sadness. I hate this feeling. It sucks the energy right from me. I have no friends, almost no family that I want to be around.. I feel hunger pains, my body is telling me to eat but I am too sad. I'm so fking tired of feeling alone.

Phoenixx

Feeling like my head's spinning.o_O My instructor gave me a new date to present my thesis. One week earlier than originally planned. On my f-ing birthday no less. :mad:(n) God I still have so much work to do by next Tuesday. Shoot me now please.

Feeling like my head's spinning.o_O My instructor gave me a new date to present my thesis. One week earlier than originally planned. On my f-ing birthday no less. :mad:(n) God I still have so much work to do by next Tuesday. Shoot me now please.

I wanted to click the "like" button to let you know I have read your post, but the "shoot me now please" part you wrote at the end would make me giving you a "like", kinda weird. :oops:

We need to have a button to click in here that just lets a member know that their post has been read and acknowledged by someone.
I often just click the "like" button to let other users know I have seen and read their post.
A little "I have Read this post" button, with a little pair of reading glasses as its icon, would be good to have in here. :)

@ Phoenix, That is not really fair of your instructor to do that. Did they give you a valid reason for bringing such a huge task forward by a week!?

woke up feelin ok, like the past month or so. Then out of nowhere I feel like this crushing weight of blackness and sadness. I hate this feeling. It sucks the energy right from me. I have no friends, almost no family that I want to be around.. I feel hunger pains, my body is telling me to eat but I am too sad. I'm so fking tired of feeling alone.

You have some friends in here! (I know online friends are not the same as in real life though)

I know that sudden rush of bad feelings can be quite a shock. Is there anything that you can hold on to, in order to ride this one out?
Like a metaphorical life-jacket -
Really nice chocolate?
A special drink? An expensive type of alcohol you could treat yourself with?
A trip to a fancy restaurant with really delicious food, with a family member?
A hike somewhere you haven't been to for a while because it is far away?

I find also find distraction is helpful when that slap of sadness hits you, and all you feel is pain. At least until the initial harsh part of the pain is subsiding.

I hope you can successfully distract yourself, or spoil yourself with something pleasurable until you are feeling a bit better, Pug.

You have some friends in here! (I know online friends are not the same as in real life though)

I know that sudden rush of bad feelings can be quite a shock. Is there anything that you can hold on to, in order to ride this one out?
Like a metaphorical life-jacket -
Really nice chocolate?
A special drink? An expensive type of alcohol you could treat yourself with?
A trip to a fancy restaurant with really delicious food, with a family member?
A hike somewhere you haven't been to for a while because it is far away?

I find also find distraction is helpful when that slap of sadness hits you, and all you feel is pain. At least until the initial harsh part of the pain is subsiding.

I hope you can successfully distract yourself, or spoil yourself with something pleasurable until you are feeling a bit better, Pug.

Thank you Blue, you're truly a gem.
Good advice, I tend to withdraw into TV land and escape this one when I'm feeling really depressed. One reason for that is, I simply struggle to have the energy to do anything else. I did manage to get out into the gorgeous sunshine today though and went for a good walk. I do love this time of year, the weather it brings.