How are you feeling?

jaim38

^You make a great point there. Volunteering is all I have going for me at this time. It's not fun at times, but I tried to make it a great learning experience. Believe it or not, I'm going to call my boss to settle this! We've been doing this through email, but I think a call might get some things straightened out. It won't be pretty, and I'll probably be put down like a wounded cat and perhaps break down into tears, but I kind of wanted to try it out since I want to develop conflict management skills. I want to see if I can bring out my diplomatic side.

My boss has this passive aggressive side which something makes it hard for me to work with him. He would get angry at a volunteer but never do anything about it, i.e. email or call the volunteer to resolve the dispute. But, he would vent to me. Sometimes I wonder why he doesn't solve conflicts head on. If he doesn't agree about something, he could just say it and state his reasons, instead of like bottling everything up and being passive aggressive.

Well if he gets too out of line, quit. I agree with confronting him. I don't know that i wouldn't remind him that you are volunteers and so should be treated with respect because you aren't getting anything out of it (i assume). When i have to confront people for doing stupid stuff i do it face to face in person and alone with them so they are more likely to agree with me and not try to buck up plus that way if i have to really climb down their throat it's not like I'm berating them in front of other people. I'm proud of you for facing it head on and dealing with this dude. *High five*

jaim38

Well if he gets too out of line, quit. I agree with confronting him. I don't know that i wouldn't remind him that you are volunteers and so should be treated with respect because you aren't getting anything out of it (i assume). When i have to confront people for doing stupid stuff i do it face to face in person and alone with them so they are more likely to agree with me and not try to buck up plus that way if i have to really climb down their throat it's not like I'm berating them in front of other people. I'm proud of you for facing it head on and dealing with this dude. *High five*

I just got off the chat with him. He said this will blow over in several days, and not to worry. I did have a list of things jotted down that I wanted to discuss, but he kept on talking and talking, with almost no pause, so I had to listen to him for like an hour! I didn't know what to do - if I interrupt him to say something, it might seem rude, but if I don't then I don't get to say what's on my mind! But I did get to talk once in a while and we addressed the most pressing issue. He did conceded some points, such as encouraging more discussions and disagreements. The one that irks me is the fact that he called me a "kid" at the end of the convo. I'm not sure what to make of it, but I don't want to take it personally either.

Overall, I'm proud that I took the courage to actually call him and try to address the issues head on, even though he eventually did all the talking. But I was disappointed I couldn't use the conflict resolution tips I found online because I wasn't in control of the convo. Now, I'm just gonna chillax and enjoy my Friday!

MikeyC

I'm feeling so incredibly ugly. I've never had much of a problem with the way I look until these past few months. I've always been aware that my personality is a bit ugly but my looks too!

Maybe I'm just missing human interaction because I took a week's holiday from work.
Hopefully you feel better when you get back to work. :)

MikeyC

I'm slightly nervous because soon I'll be on a bus with a lot of people I don't know going to a rugby league match in Sydney. There's going to be beer and boisterousness. I hope it won't be too bad. Should be somewhat fun, though. :)

Kiwong

I'm slightly nervous because soon I'll be on a bus with a lot of people I don't know going to a rugby league match in Sydney. There's going to be beer and boisterousness. I hope it won't be too bad. Should be somewhat fun, though. :)

If they are Dragons fans you should be nervous, :bigsmile:

MikeyC

The Bunnies bounced back, I see. A bad day for the Dragons.
It was. After three solid wins to open the season, there's now back-to-back losses. I hope the wheels can come back on the wagon.

Oh, wait, Storm in Melbourne next week. Maybe the week after. ::p:

springk

why do people don't pick up phone ? I am tired of calling and i don't know how i am going to do my project..:(
What a wasteful day! Watched tv, and all my work is pending just because of some one.
And my ocd returns!!
I guess it never went away..during the last 6/7 months was the lowest point of my existence. I finally realized how bad it gets. Only my cowardice stopped me from killing myself . I forgot my bad thoughts(ocd ) for a while because i experienced such worthlessness of me that i wanted myself to end.
Now when i somehow managed to drag myself ..these thoughts are back but hey i prefer these magical thinking than my real life /thoughts..they are atleast false.
Why don't i have a single real living friend in real world??

thersites

i don't know but i could have written that. cowardice, diligence, commitment, all of which contribute to outcomes. maybe you do have friends but are not able to say so. i suspect you do.

springk

i don't know but i could have written that. cowardice, diligence, commitment, all of which contribute to outcomes. maybe you do have friends but are not able to say so. i suspect you do.

Well, as far as acquaintances are concerned i have; but friends with whom i can share my thoughts , i don't. Online people don't /can't replace the need for real human contact. So i feel , lonely.

I literally have too many things to do. I can't do them all - it's not possible. Some things will get done on time and some things, well... I don't know. I can't afford to NOT do them but one person can only do so much :sad:

I hit snooze today probably 10 times because I just did not want to get up and face all the stress and anxiety. Hoping this period of bad feelings passes soon.