How are you feeling?

Ugh. Awkward but not horrible conversation with someone who kind of intimidates me, but I made my feelings known and that's what counts. I just hated that at one point in the conversation I started to cry; I fought really hard not to and I was surprised that I couldn't hold it back. Kind of disturbing for me (I don't know why; a feeling of loss of control I guess).
^ It is very frustrating when you can't stop yourself from crying, I know :sad:
It only seems to happen when I am in at the end of my tether. Are you physically or mentally exhausted at the moment, Opal?
That is great that you were brave enough to make your feelings known though. That takes a lot of courage with someone who makes you feel intimidated around them!:thumbup:

MikeyC

I attended the Guiness World Record Biggest Blind Date last night.

After initial nerves - shaking, hyper-awareness, and the rest of it - I slowly calmed down. The free champagne got to my head so that's probably why.

The girl I was matched with was nice. I didn't feel too many sparks but she did, telling me I was "totally hot" and trying to hold my hand at the end of the evening. Good ego boost. :ironicsmile:

I also had to take a random breath test twice on the way back because the police officer could smell the alcohol on my breath. That was a little scary.

Overall, it was a good night. I might have a new friend, at least, and I got free food and alcohol in the beautiful Opera House. :) Even though I was really nervous, I'm glad I went.

Srijita52

After initial nerves - shaking, hyper-awareness, and the rest of it - I slowly calmed down. The free champagne got to my head so that's probably why.

The girl I was matched with was nice. I didn't feel too many sparks but she did, telling me I was "totally hot" and trying to hold my hand at the end of the evening. Good ego boost. :ironicsmile:

I also had to take a random breath test twice on the way back because the police officer could smell the alcohol on my breath. That was a little scary.

Overall, it was a good night. I might have a new friend, at least, and I got free food and alcohol in the beautiful Opera House. :) Even though I was really nervous, I'm glad I went.

Yay! Seems like you had a good time Mikey. Fighting the nervousness was totally worth it. :)

MollyBeGood

@April thanks... I still can't. The short version: shame & fear. It will pass.

Oh dear yep, I know those words well. I always feel better to purge those dark thoughts. I actually use Penzu, the free online journal when things get that bad...have you tried that before?

https://penzu.com/content/products/journals

I recommend that to anyone who finds solace in writing.

Yes it will pass. Thankfully! Here's to a fast rebound

Typing this from the Samsung Galaxy SIII which, after my old phone, is amazing! :D I know it's slightly outdated now, but it's still awesome. I didn't know what I was missing. Smartphones are so freaking cool.

Kiwong

The most frightening thing when I made public that I had anxiety, were the few individuals who flat out didn't believe me. I still get people reacting to my anxiety with such anger. They put two and two together and come up with 5000.

Silatuyok

I'm really impressed, Mikey. I don't think I would ever have the guts to do this. Kudos to you!

Kiwong

:applause::applause:

Silatuyok

Well it's nearly 4am and I'm awake due to draining sinuses, so that's not good. But overall, I'm feeling pretty good about myself. We have a guest staying at our house tonight; last night we all went to a private concert at some random person's house and ended up running into another couple we know. I was able to hold up a conversation with them even while the bf went off to get beer and swag. Not only that, but our guest knows the performer, so afterward we stood around and talked with him, which was a little more awkward, but I was happy because he talked with me about cats for a bit, haha. Really nice guy.
At the end of the night, I was able to look back and say hey, I did really well tonight. And that feels great! :)