How are you feeling?

Phoenixx

Pissed off. I've been feeling like this since yesterday morning (actually on and off all week) and I'm getting really tired of it. Tired of being stuck in the house, tired of being around anyone, tired of doing the same damn thing, tired of mood swings, tired of just feeling like I'm caught in a rut. :thumbdown:

I need something else to do, but I can't seem to find anything.

planemo

Pissed off. I've been feeling like this since yesterday morning (actually on and off all week) and I'm getting really tired of it. Tired of being stuck in the house, tired of being around anyone, tired of doing the same damn thing, tired of mood swings, tired of just feeling like I'm caught in a rut. :thumbdown:

i understand completely. i'm in much the same situation. i can't help but feeling that things won't get any better. perhaps this is as good as it gets for me. :eek:h:

MollyBeGood

lazy, blah... I must snap outta this funk today. I want to do some artwork, take the doggie out for a run, re arrange the furniture...hope to do one of those things at least.

S_Spartan

I really don't think that we should blame ourselves. Society(America at least) has become so incredibly narcissistic and self-centered that I don't see how anyone can have healthy relationships. I have decided that the best path is learning how to be more comfortable as a loner. If I can meet a few kindred spirits out there along the way that is great but I have written off ever being part of any group of people ever again or even having a healthy romantic relationship.

MollyBeGood

I really don't think that we should blame ourselves. Society(America at least) has become so incredibly narcissistic and self-centered that I don't see how anyone can have healthy relationships. I have decided that the best path is learning how to be more comfortable as a loner. If I can meet a few kindred spirits out there along the way that is great but I have written off ever being part of any group of people ever again or even having a healthy romantic relationship.

I know how you feel. Where is the world headed, nothing seems genuine, nothing. Sometimes I am surprised at the people I meet here for example, but they will only be online friends, no one I will ever meet. Otherwise there is no one anywhere I want to be around (I have a bf but things are rocky). I am ok with be alone, so being a loner is just fine tbh. I get more value from my interactions with animals and nature than the human realm. I have come to the conclusion I was born into the wrong form perhaps. This is certainly not the life I was meant to live. I spent some time this past week with a Hopi Indian on the reservation. I want to go back there and learn more from them. It really made the world less cold, and more magical again. The history alone, albeit not all pretty, was absolutely fascinating. For me, getting a bigger perspective on our existence on this planet helped pull me back into wanting to participate in some form of this human-gig. I'd rather be planting corn with the Hopi any day to what I am doing now!...They seem like a group of humans I could get into knowing as a whole, is my point. Big *Sigh* of relief there are some people on this earth I admire!

MikeyC

I'm getting back into shape.

Heartburn and the cold sweats of approaching diabeetus are getting old.
You'll look like an Adonis soon enough, mate. :bigsmile:

The snow could be to blame here. Otherwise I do hope you can find something to do. Maybe today you can go out and do something. :)

Millions and millions of people in America can do relationships, and they do work. Why do you think any relationship you attempt won't?

jamie99

It's been a long time since i visited this site.

I'm feeling crap..been putting off grocery far too long, need to go to the post office too.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Lately... Meh! Suicide is becomin' better than the alternative option.

Because I am afraid ah just might verbally snap an' gee ma oldest sibling an wee reality coz the way she treat me an' her youngest sister and our mum is f**kin' unacceptable. Ah wuz talkin' tae ma mum n' older sister (the middle child) aboot daein' this the other day. The recommendation wuz tae "...just keep the peace. Dinnae say anything".

Well, if ye want continue be treated like yer inferior and a f**kin' doormat, be ma guest. But ah um fed wi' it. Ah just know, if she'll take responsiblity for her ain actions, ah might just end it aw, if she doesnae change hur ways. Just off masel'. Given how utterly miserable ma oldest sis makes me feel aboot masel'. F**kin' C_nt! :veryangry:

Ah cannae take much mair uh this, tae be honest. :sad: :crying:

S_Spartan

I know how you feel. Where is the world headed, nothing seems genuine, nothing.

Right. Everything seems like a big game now. Like a battle of the egos. I find all that to be very boring.

Not to mention the obsession with money and all that fake-ness, game playing and outright scamming that goes along with that.

And it makes me sad because I do feel that there are some genuinely nice people here on this site, hating themselves, feeling inferior, even talking about taking their own lives! And the problem is not them. It's this f'ed up society that tells them they are a freak because they can't or won't play "the game."

S_Spartan

Millions and millions of people in America can do relationships, and they do work. Why do you think any relationship you attempt won't?

I look around me at how people act now. Even the few friends I managed to hang on to act as though whatever they are doing is waaaaaay too important and they can't be bothered(until they need something, then they are very friendly!). Everyone has become isolated and insulated by things like Facebook.

Romantically, I think that ship has sailed. I simply do not have the patience or energy for all the head games that go on these days in relationships. They actually seem like one big head game to me now! How can shallow people love anybody but themselves? There is no room for anyone else! And, wow, have I seen shallowness! It abounds in America. It is everywhere.

I know that there are still good people out there but the pool is shrinking fast.

Last edited:

Onimaru

I feel happy because my big brother is out of jail but also nervous/anxious because nothing has changed about me since i last saw him...feel like he's gonna look down on me or get angry i don't help out much around the house.. :c

Srijita52

You know what when you live in a place like I do, you're better off dead than being socially anxious or socially awkward or very sensitive, anxious in general. What does it matter that you try your best to overcome these things, what does it matter that you try not to blame other people without any evidence, that you try not to be overtly judgmental, that you genuinely just try to be honest about your feelings and get along with others. Nah these things don't really count as positive things here. You're either really loud, outspoken, overexpress or you're considered a snob. You have to show you REALLY worry about trival things or you're a cold bitch, you have to exaggarate your feelings for others to an unbelievable extent or you're mean, you have to show people when you're upset by acting like a drama queen or you're just saying this to attract attention. Oh and never ever mention that you have social phobia or you're depressed or you're not good with words because these things don't exist. These are just excuses you're making up because you're a mean, selfish bitch. But these people know better. They don't have any tolerance for anyone who's not talktive, over expressive or don't feel comfortable creating a scene when they're hurt or down.

MikeyC

The loneliness has come back. I'm going to a dinner shortly, so I don't have time for this shit! :veryangry:

MikeyC

I look around me at how people act now. Even the few friends I managed to hang on to act as though whatever they are doing is waaaaaay too important and they can't be bothered(until they need something, then they are very friendly!). Everyone has become isolated and insulated by things like Facebook.

Romantically, I think that ship has sailed. I simply do not have the patience or energy for all the head games that go on these days in relationships. They actually seem like one big head game to me now! How can shallow people love anybody but themselves? There is no room for anyone else! And, wow, have I seen shallowness! It abounds in America. It is everywhere.

I know that there are still good people out there but the pool is shrinking fast.
Most people are shallow to some extent, but it's because we want aspects of the opposite sex that appeal to us. For example, I'm far less likely to date a nice girl if she's a smoker, because that's a massive no-no for me.

Facebook makes social.ising very impersonal, I agree, but don't forget that less and less people are using it, and not everyone who is on it actually uses it much. I think there are still good people, but the pool isn't shrinking as fast as you say.

You know what when you live in a place like I do, you're better off dead than being socially anxious or socially awkward or very sensitive, anxious in general. What does it matter that you try your best to overcome these things, what does it matter that you try not to blame other people without any evidence, that you try not to be overtly judgmental, that you genuinely just try to be honest about your feelings and get along with others. Nah these things don't really count as positive things here. You're either really loud, outspoken, overexpress or you're considered a snob. You have to show you REALLY worry about trival things or you're a cold bitch, you have to exaggarate your feelings for others to an unbelievable extent or you're mean, you have to show people when you're upset by acting like a drama queen or you're just saying this to attract attention. Oh and never ever mention that you have social phobia or you're depressed or you're not good with words because these things don't exist. These are just excuses you're making up because you're a mean, selfish bitch. But these people know better. They don't have any tolerance for anyone who's not talktive, over expressive or don't feel comfortable creating a scene when they're hurt or down.
Is this just a thing where you live or is it a side-effect of Indian culture in general?

Kiwong

Today was a better day for anxiety at work. This afternoon I got a call from a doctor saying I need to see him about the result of a blood test. Funny how something like that can switch worry from one thing to another. I think it will be about my haemochromatosis that I haven't had treated for a while. But I am worrying that it could be something worse.