How are you feeling?

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
A sleepy dog is cool like that. Any pics of the pug? :)

543810721edc_0a7b9bf8_94e5_48d9_b098_eff141ec2a3.jpg

Here she is. :)

Srijita52

I've to go to a social gathering today, I'm already nervous. Hope things go well.

Apparently I can't because I was supposed to go with this friend since I don't know the place but she's not picking up her phone or responding to my texts. I'm feeling like I missed an opportunity to get out there and socialize and its making me really sad.

Odo

Banned
The Women's Hockey match was amazing, made even more amazing by the fact that Canada won.
So I feel happy.

Last edited:
The Women's Hockey match was amazing, made even more amazing by the fact that Canada won.
So I feel happy.

I keep forgetting to watch the freaking Olympics. I always watch them, especially the winter ones, and I haven't gotten a chance at all this year :(

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Some days are better than others... But that isnae really sayin' much. :idontknow:

Feelin' really overwhelmed, lately. :sad:

MikeyC

543810721edc_0a7b9bf8_94e5_48d9_b098_eff141ec2a3.jpg

Here she is. :)
Aw, how adorable!

Apparently I can't because I was supposed to go with this friend since I don't know the place but she's not picking up her phone or responding to my texts. I'm feeling like I missed an opportunity to get out there and socialize and its making me really sad.
Don't feel bad. There'll be plenty of time for more social outings in the near future.

So I feel happy.
I saw a bit of a replay when it was in overtime on TV this morning. Looked like an intense game!

MikeyC

I guess you could say I'm a bundle of nerves at the moment.

Tonight I'm going to a blind date world record attempt at the Sydney Opera House. Some people told me not to go because of the girl that's talking to me, and others have said to go anyway. In the end I had to listen to my gut, and it told me that while this new girl is nice, we haven't actually gone on one date yet, so I shouldn't feel bad. This is more of a bit of fun, and to get me through some anxieties about meeting a girl for the first time. Plus I'll be in the Opera House - a place I haven't been in for at least two decades.

Over the weekend I will try to organise some kind of date with this girl, so I'm thinking Saturday night dinner/movies or something. I'm anxious about asking her but I shouldn't delay too much longer, really.

On Monday there's one of two social events I can go to, so I'm deciding which one.

On Tuesday is my university's orientation week, where I will go to the uni and there's a big party for my faculty. Basically free food, concert, and meeting all new uni students all day, so that is giving me butterflies more than you can imagine. I will definitely go to that, because I need to see the uni some more before I jump in.

The following Monday is my first day of uni - my first foray back into the education system after ten full years away from it. I'm shit scared.

So, with all this happening, I'm feeling a bit chronically anxious, but these are things I need to do.

Odo

Banned
I saw a bit of a replay when it was in overtime on TV this morning. Looked like an intense game!

It was probably better than the men's will be because the Canada and US teams are like arch-rivals and they're both pretty much the best at the Olympics as well. And when you're down 2 goals up until the last 4 minutes and then win it in sudden death overtime, it's pretty exciting.

MikeyC

It was probably better than the men's will be because the Canada and US teams are like arch-rivals and they're both pretty much the best at the Olympics as well. And when you're down 2 goals up until the last 4 minutes and then win it in sudden death overtime, it's pretty exciting.
Oh, they were down by two at the end? That makes it even more exciting for everyone except the Americans! :bigsmile:

Odo

Banned
Oh, they were down by two at the end? That makes it even more exciting for everyone except the Americans! :bigsmile:

tears.jpg

I think winning silver is actually more brutal than winning bronze, because if you win bronze you actually win a medal while the other team doesn't, but winning silver means you lost the gold.

Silatuyok

Kind of...lonely. I wish I were better at connecting with people in a meaningful way.
And for whatever reason I feel silly posting that here. It's like...duh.

MikeyC

Kind of...lonely. I wish I were better at connecting with people in a meaningful way.
And for whatever reason I feel silly posting that here. It's like...duh.
You will connect, Marie. You do have a very interesting personality so I'm surprised you haven't done so already. Has something happened to make you feel this way?

MikeyC

Incredibly anxious, but I will be okay if I just breathe.

Been a long time since I've been so anxious that I've lost my appetite, but there you go.

Must go now. Procrastinating isn't doing me any good. :)