How are you feeling?

MikeyC

I hate using this word but I feel, uhh, depressed. My hair being ruined + class anxiety + messy house + other important tasks + loneliness = overwhelmed. A feeling of defeat, intense sadness, and borderline despair, which may be out of proportion to my life situation. Regardless, though, I feel the way that I feel, and I'm hating every second of it.

I'm not sure if it's good or bad or neither, and I know many people do this, but entertaining suicidal thoughts provides a little relief. I'm not actually planning anything, and I don't feel like I'm at rock bottom, at least not like I was before. I just feel better imagining dying and being done with all of this once and for all. It's like a brief mental escape. To be dead. No more identity to worry about, no more feelings, no more existential angst. No real relief, I know, but that doesn't matter to the desperate mind.

I sound so emo sometimes. Ew.
I hope by the time you read this you feel better, my friend.

MikeyC

I got through today, so I'm happy.

I am now officially a university student. :)

Today was my orientation day and I was so nervous I had butterflies in my stomach and was even slightly light-headed and couldn't talk much at first, but I went through the whole process and asked questions and even lightly chatted to a very pretty girl. I now have a thousand pamphlets and brochures to go through and see what else I want to do apart from my course.

Study starts March 3.

I'll be nervous all over again for that.

Kiwong

I wonder if whelmed is the state between under and over whelmed? Wishing you find a more peaceful place, Opaline.

Kiwong

Today was my orientation day and I was so nervous I had butterflies in my stomach and was even slightly light-headed and couldn't talk much at first, but I went through the whole process and asked questions and even lightly chatted to a very pretty girl. I now have a thousand pamphlets and brochures to go through and see what else I want to do apart from my course.

Study starts March 3.

Congrats MikeyC. Go for gold, mate.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Christ knows... Why don't ye ask 'em? :ironicsmile: Sorry, just wee jokey joke, there. ;)

Actually, ah've been feelin' knackered. Hardly sleepin' coz o' insomnia. Yet, thought n' idea in ma heid 're gan a hunner miles an hour. Fleein' by me like Kenyans at a major sportin' event. Just a f**kin' blur...
Been procrastinatin' like buggery. Need tae pack that in afore it becomes a habit. Also feelin' depressed. :sad: Mainly due tae insomnia, but also because the maturity level o' some member o' ma family doesnae match their age group. By which ah mean, stormin' oot the hoose in a huff because somebuddy just hud the nerve tae talk back tae ye!

Also, if ah wuz a wee bit happier - ah know, that isnae really much - then ah'd be an annoyin' wee prrrick! More annoyin' than ah um currently. Mainly because ah've got an annoyin' personality. Well, ah think so anyway. Ah mean the endless f**kin' jokes must get annoyin' efter awhile, no? :idontknow:

Srijita52

Study starts March 3.

Yay Mikey! Hey where's the party? Good luck. :)

@opaline I haven't gotten a haircut in years now because of everything you mentioned (yeah, my ends don't look too hot). I'm sure you still look gorgeous despite your unease about it.

I hope by the time you read this you feel better, my friend.

I wonder if whelmed is the state between under and over whelmed? Wishing you find a more peaceful place, Opaline.

Thank you everyone.

Study starts March 3.

That's awesome, Mikey. Glad to hear it :) What are you studying?

Silatuyok

Study starts March 3.

Yay!!!!!
Make sure you pace yourself with the pretty girls there, tiger. ;)

Odo

Banned

Meeting girls will be a lot easier for you there, I'm sure... especially if you're in the right courses. I don't think I've ever not met girls when I was in school... and I'm realllllly awkward. You should have absolutely no problems!

What are you studying?

MikeyC

Yay Mikey! Hey where's the party? Good luck. :)
That's awesome, Mikey. Glad to hear it :) What are you studying?
Yay!!!!!
Make sure you pace yourself with the pretty girls there, tiger. ;)
Meeting girls will be a lot easier for you there, I'm sure... especially if you're in the right courses. I don't think I've ever not met girls when I was in school... and I'm realllllly awkward. You should have absolutely no problems!

What are you studying?
Thanks for the kind words, everyone!

I am doing a bachelor of science with a psychology major. I'm finally putting a skill I think I have into a uni course, so hopefully I'll be a psychologist in about 10-15 years! I'm so nervous about it, though. I will be for the next five weeks.

I was there for around two hours and saw about 150 girls I thought were pretty. Maybe I'm getting older or more desperate these days, but I'm going to be in a very good environment for that. ;)

MollyBeGood

Congrats Mikey!

Feeling good. I got a new position at my job which I love and the stress is waay less. I hope I can keep it!!

Also happy The Criterion Collection is on Hula-how cool! It really blows Netflix outta the water now. Excited about getting lost in some really good foreign flicks this cold winter.

Kiwong

http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/simgad/8216568831558552040
mmmm... I need a translation.

shyindian

Banned
I'm feeling numb, empty...eventhough there r a lot of people around I feel lost in the crowd....there is this disconnect....I'm not able to smile or enjoy things and have been drinking a lot despite being sick.

MikeyC

I had a meal with a friend from work who's on maternity leave. We had a great conversation and I told her about all the stuff I'm doing. She's particularly proud of me for getting into uni. It was a great meet-up that will keep me happy for the rest of the day. :)

Her new baby girl is so cute, too. I just want to poke her puffy cheeks!

(No, I'm still not clucky enough to have kids of my own.)