How are you feeling?

MikeyC

The best person in the whole world! :perfect: Don't be jealous :giggle: You will find someone amazing one day!
I am the luckiest person ever! He is amazing, i couldn't have hoped for anyone better!
Everyone tells me I'll find someone "one day." When is that? Incidentally, maybe if your boyfriend is perfect, it's him I'm looking for! *drugs singing-love and steals her perfect man*

I have junkfood.

All is well on the eastern front. :D
The western front is still hungry. I demand more M&M's!

singing-love

Everyone tells me I'll find someone "one day." When is that? Incidentally, maybe if your boyfriend is perfect, it's him I'm looking for! *drugs singing-love and steals her perfect man* QUOTE]

No! He's mine :p
You will find someone sooner than you think, it will be when you least expect it, have faith :)

MikeyC

No! He's mine :p
You will find someone sooner than you think, it will be when you least expect it, have faith :)
It can be hard to keep the faith when you're lonely, but I'll try. :) Luckily I have other things to focus on, too.

I'm happy for you, though. :thumbup:

MollyBeGood

Relieved. Satisfied. Dirty. Needing a shower...
Lazy and calm.

feeling so much better than I did the last two days, or 4 weeks for that matter.

I'm so pissed and I'm going OCD-crazy. I got my hair cut last week, and I ended up spending more than I had planned to originally because the lady talked me into getting some special smoothing treatment and wash. It was a little low-budget chain place in town, but it was kind of pricey anyway (go figure). I had told my mother I didn't trust places like that but she insisted that they weren't going to mess up a simple trim (which was all I initially wanted, but I told the lady to cut more hair off anyway).

Wrong. Dead wrong. When she was done blow-drying my hair it looked great in the mirror. Even, shiny, smooth. But this past week it's just seemed off somehow. My sister and mother kept reassuring me it was even, and I figured it must seem off because I was parting my hair on the side and the lady had cut it with the part down the middle.

Today, out of a nagging feeling it just wasn't right, I parted my hair in the middle and compared the sides. The left is way shorter than the right, and the back of the left is longer than the front of it. Gah! I spent a bit of money on it and they screwed it up! :( I'm not going back to have them fix it for free because I don't trust them now for sure. I'll go to a truly professional, independent place instead. I just hope they can get a simple trim right!

Getting my hair cut always makes me nervous, not because of the small talk but because of the fear they'll screw it up and I'll have to be assertive with them, or because I'm afraid they'll take advantage of me somehow and make me pay more. I wish I could just cut my own hair.

All of this was the long way of saying a hairdresser @#$%ed up my hair a week ago. This was probably the most #firstworldproblems-ish post ever, I know. It's just that it's driving me bonkers and I'm really pissed I spent so much only for it to be uneven :sad:

MollyBeGood

I'm so pissed and I'm going OCD-crazy. I got my hair cut last week, and I ended up spending more than I had planned to originally because the lady talked me into getting some special smoothing treatment and wash. It was a little low-budget chain place in town, but it was kind of pricey anyway (go figure). I had told my mother I didn't trust places like that but she insisted that they weren't going to mess up a simple trim (which was all I initially wanted, but I told the lady to cut more hair off anyway).

Wrong. Dead wrong. When she was done blow-drying my hair it looked great in the mirror. Even, shiny, smooth. But this past week it's just seemed off somehow. My sister and mother kept reassuring me it was even, and I figured it must seem off because I was parting my hair on the side and the lady had cut it with the part down the middle.

Today, out of a nagging feeling it just wasn't right, I parted my hair in the middle and compared the sides. The left is way shorter than the right, and the back of the left is longer than the front of it. Gah! I spent a bit of money on it and they screwed it up! :( I'm not going back to have them fix it for free because I don't trust them now for sure. I'll go to a truly professional, independent place instead. I just hope they can get a simple trim right!

Getting my hair cut always makes me nervous, not because of the small talk but because of the fear they'll screw it up and I'll have to be assertive with them, or because I'm afraid they'll take advantage of me somehow and make me pay more. I wish I could just cut my own hair.

All of this was the long way of saying a hairdresser @#$%ed up my hair a week ago. This was probably the most #firstworldproblems-ish post ever, I know. It's just that it's driving me bonkers and I'm really pissed I spent so much only for it to be uneven :sad:

OMG! Get a CreaClip. They are about $35 and for doing a straight up trim they are so easy, no-fail- do it at home. I got creative and tried a fancier cut with one and did a bit of a hack-job on myself but it grew back.
That sounds like a typical nightmare at the salon, which I avoid now for 2 yrs since my CreaClip :)

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Well... ah done absolutely f**k all fur the last couple o' days. That's whit it seems like anyway. Aw because ma cousin Richard wuz up twice in aboot 3 days. He wuz here nearly aw today - fae 12 o'clock in afternoon til aroon 6 o'clock. And he made an unexpected visit this past, eh... Hmmm, ah cannae f**kin' remember? :thinking: Anyway, aw he done the day wuz tell me stories. Recounted how he got banned fae Facebook - but he's back on now. Gave a great method o' makin' believeable prank phone calls. Made the kinda sick, twisted jokes ah like - where ye laugh even though ye shouldnae be. 2 of which referenced the British Royal family. And a couple o' brilliantly satirical jokes - one aboot what Scotland'll be like if we get independence. And a joke aboot the next General Election. Then we talk aboot laptops n' video games a good few hours.

By f**k, that daft cunt could talk fur days... But then, being Scottish, we're great at thae prolonged, longwinded stories that seemingly gan naewhere. :giggle: Which reminds, ah need tae back intae the habit o' writin' ma thread on here.

OMG! Get a CreaClip. They are about $35 and for doing a straight up trim they are so easy, no-fail- do it at home. I got creative and tried a fancier cut with one and did a bit of a hack-job on myself but it grew back.
That sounds like a typical nightmare at the salon, which I avoid now for 2 yrs since my CreaClip :)

Hmm, never heard of it. I'll have to check it out, thanks.

I hate using this word but I feel, uhh, depressed. My hair being ruined + class anxiety + messy house + other important tasks + loneliness = overwhelmed. A feeling of defeat, intense sadness, and borderline despair, which may be out of proportion to my life situation. Regardless, though, I feel the way that I feel, and I'm hating every second of it.

I'm not sure if it's good or bad or neither, and I know many people do this, but entertaining suicidal thoughts provides a little relief. I'm not actually planning anything, and I don't feel like I'm at rock bottom, at least not like I was before. I just feel better imagining dying and being done with all of this once and for all. It's like a brief mental escape. To be dead. No more identity to worry about, no more feelings, no more existential angst. No real relief, I know, but that doesn't matter to the desperate mind.

I sound so emo sometimes. Ew.

Last edited:
I hate using this word but I feel, uhh, depressed. My hair being ruined + class anxiety + messy house + other important tasks + loneliness = overwhelmed. A feeling of defeat, intense sadness, and borderline despair, which may be out of proportion to my life situation. Regardless, though, I feel the way that I feel, and I'm hating every second of it.

You need a vacation.

dottie

@opaline I haven't gotten a haircut in years now because of everything you mentioned (yeah, my ends don't look too hot). I'm sure you still look gorgeous despite your unease about it.