How are you feeling?

MikeyC

I heard my old band on the radio once. At first, I felt a chill go down my spine, and a lot of really negative thoughts and feelings swept through me. The relationship had not ended well. In the end, though, it wasn't really so bad, because I came to realize something. God, they were awful! It's amazing how different a group can sound when you're in the audience and not in the middle of it with an instrument in your hands. At that moment, I was kind of glad not to be a part of it anymore.
Oh, haha, that's such a good feeling. In time I hope you get to join a better band. :) How did that relationship end?

Angry, sad, alone, and mostly just hollow. I stared at my computer screen for over ten minutes before I typed this.
Hey, buddy, hope you're okay!

GraybeardGhost

Frustrated. Tried to go out tonight, but the car wouldn't start due to the freakishly cold weather we're having again. So I schlepped the trash out to the compactor on foot and grabbed the mail on the way back. It wasn't too bad, I suppose—only about a quarter mile round trip and not too many creepy cars passing by. I may try to hoof over to the store across the street later, after the traffic dies down. It'll be a lot colder by then, though, so maybe I won't. I don't know why I'm telling you all this. I guess I just thought you ought to know.

Kiwong

^ I think there are enough musos on SPW to form a pretty mean band, with a fusion of different music styles.

MikeyC

I came back from an extended family get-together today. These things are painful because I don't know a lot of people there and I only see them once a year. Our family on my mum's side is really fragmented so that's why these things are organised on or around Australia Day each year.

Today's wasn't as bad as I anticipated. I ended up helping out with the barbecuing, and I didn't have to mingle too much. I did speak to some people which was stressing me out a little bit, but not enough to show, thankfully. But now it's all over and I can relax for one more year.

Also, one of my cousins bought his girlfriend and she was extremely attractive. Like, extremely. I caught her looking at me a couple of times, too. Damn. :shyness:

dottie

Thanks, ladies. :) Hmm . . . maybe I'll start that journal thread after all. :thinking:

Personally, I prefer reading this thread... It's more like a casual Facebook status update... Journals are TL;DR for me to keep up with. This is not to criticize journal threads, though. Sometimes you have got to get it out.

GraybeardGhost

Personally, I prefer reading this thread... It's more like a casual Facebook status update... Journals are TL;DR for me to keep up with. This is not to criticize journal threads, though. Sometimes you have got to get it out.

So much for my grand ambition. :sad:

Last edited:

Nanita

Right now having a relization that I will most likely never be able to have a fullfilling life with content, meaning and deep friendships/relationship, so I should really accept that and stop longing for it. Instead I should do the few things that are actually working and not causing struggle or pain. I will be this recluse artist musician.

Last edited:

Odo

Banned
^Being a musician really isn't such a sound career choice unless you're either truly exceptionally talented, a likable born-to-be-a-star type or heavily promoted. Looking the part is more important than knowing how to play an instrument, even if you're good... and even then, millions of others have exactly the same idea.

The internet has its own private ocean of competent musicians composing their own magnum opuses from the comfort of their bedroom studios, struggling to give their music away for free... and I'm pretty sure that all of them either have day jobs or are too young to work.

ar1605

todayi feel a little bit overwhelmed but other than that im feeling pretty good.Also feeling excited because i got a newe phone :D