How are you feeling?

S_Spartan

I'm sorry to hear about this Spartan. I get absolutely ill whenever one of my cats is sick or injured. What exactly is wrong with your cat?

Thanks Marie.
I took him to the vet because he totally stopped eating and drinking.
It actually turned out to be a worst case scenario and I had to have my cat put down. The blood work came back and he had multiple serious problems and the vet said that at his advanced age he would never recover from any treatments. So I had to make that tough decision this morning.
It was such a shock. If you would have told me two weeks ago I would have been making that decision I would have said you were nuts! He was doing so well and had so much energy and a healthy appetite. He went downhill so fast.
I dug a hole in the yard and buried him next to my cat that passed away in 2008.
I really miss him so much. So many memories. He was a wonderful cat and friend.

Silatuyok

Thanks Marie.
It actually turned out to be a worst case scenario and I had to have my cat put down. The blood work came back and he had multiple serious problems and the vet said that at his advanced age he would never recover from any treatments. So I had to make that tough decision this morning.
It was such a shock. If you would have told me two weeks ago I would have been making that decision I would have said you were nuts! He was doing so well and had so much energy and a healthy appetite. He went downhill so fast.
I dug a hole in the yard and buried him next to my cat that passed away in 2008.

Oh no, I'm so sorry. :sad: You gave him a long and wonderful life full of much love. That's something to feel good about.

Capsaicin

Sluggish. I've been slacking off and lagging behind the past week or so, but at least I was able to get up and prepare a week's worth of lunches tonight.

Phoenixx

Thanks Marie.
^ I'm really sorry for your loss, Spartan. :sad:

MikeyC

Thanks Marie.
Ah, sorry to hear that, mate.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
F**kin' devastated! Just found out that one o' ma cousins has died. Nae idea what the cause of death is, yet but past drug use could be a factor. Or it might've been a really bad asthma attack :sad: :crying: Another death in the family... Oh, well! It's comes tae us aw, in the end.

Thanks Marie.

That sucks, Spartan. Sometimes medical conditions just escalate with insane speed - you did what you could. I'm sorry for your loss.

S_Spartan

Thanks everyone for your condolences. I will say that when you have had a pet for 17 years and they go it leaves a real void.

MikeyC

Sleepy. Cold. A bit disappointed. But otherwise feeling pretty good.
Why are you disappointed?

Thanks everyone for your condolences. I will say that when you have had a pet for 17 years and they go it leaves a real void.
It sure does, mate. I had my last cat for 21 years and it was bad with her gone. In time the pain will fade, but the memories you have will last a lifetime. :)

Going to the doctor's appointment today was awful.

I needed a recommendation for a psychiatrists office so that I can finally get a definitive diagnosis on black and white. She needed little convincing. Yay for awkward social interactions that you'll remember cringing for the rest of your life.

While my previous therapist diagnosed me with social phobia, they neglected to officially document it. Making it essentially useless. Now I have to see another psychiatrist and get a new diagnosis - which will be official this time.

Which I'll need for potential medication and other things. Man, it's barely ten o'clock and I hate the day already.

MikeyC

Going to the doctor's appointment today was awful.

I needed a recommendation for a psychiatrists office so that I can finally get a definitive diagnosis on black and white. She needed little convincing. Yay for awkward social interactions that you'll remember cringing for the rest of your life.

While my previous therapist diagnosed me with social phobia, they neglected to officially document it. Making it essentially useless. Now I have to see another psychiatrist and get a new diagnosis - which will be official this time.

Which I'll need for potential medication and other things. Man, it's barely ten o'clock and I hate the day already.
I hope this all works out in your favour, Puma. It may have been awkward, but it'll lead to you getting help. :thumbup:

Srijita52

I'm feeling suicidal today, don't know how much of it I can take anymore. Is it such a bad thing, being born with the wrong personality? I can't live my entire life like this, being some invisible person that nobody cares for. I can try but man it sucks, how much can you fake? How can you go on with your life when the world constantly reminds you that you're flawed and worthless, that even you're positive qualites don't matter because they're not exactly what is considered social norms. Is it so bad not being like everyone else? Having different interests? Not being loud or "over" expressive? Is it such weakness that I must suffer my whole life for it?

Phoenixx

^ I've never had a pet live that long, but we had a cat a few years ago that was 10 when he died. I had gotten him when I was a little kid, and then grew up with him into my teens. When you sorta watch each other grow up like that, they become even more like family and it really leaves a void once they're gone. I still miss him, he was our king. He owned the house (he even strutted; he had a swag to his walk haha) and always got his way whether we liked it or not. Excellent hunter too. :thumbup: He was such an awesome, clever, and big guy. I don't think I'll ever find a cat quite like him ever again, he was so unique.

Phoenixx

I'm feeling suicidal today, don't know how much of it I can take anymore. Is it such a bad thing, being born with the wrong personality? I can't live my entire life like this, being some invisible person that nobody cares for. I can try but man it sucks, how much can you fake? How can you go on with your life when the world constantly reminds you that you're flawed and worthless, that even you're positive qualites don't matter because they're not exactly what is considered social norms. Is it so bad not being like everyone else? Having different interests? Not being loud or "over" expressive? Is it such weakness that I must suffer my whole life for it?
^ I'm so sorry, Sri. :sad: You're not worthless and you don't have a wrong personality. I wish I was better with words and could really cheer you up. My inbox is always open though if you ever want to talk.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!

^ Sadly ah can relate to this... :sad:

Aw, ah wish ah could say summit to cheer ye up, Srijita. But ah don't if me tellin' ye that ya don't have to be like everyone else, it's okay to have different interests. And just because yer not loud or overly expressive doesnae mean yer born with the wrong personality. Yer not as flawed & worthless as ye might think, yer just - ah might be wrong here... - introverted. Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Is it bad not being like everyone else? If people are tellin' ye that, try not to let them get to ya or pressure ya to change. Just be yerself! Different interests and all... Oh, and yer positive qualities DO matter.