How are you feeling?

Kiwong

I'm suffering from lift anxiety. I should take the stairs. Today I kept the door open for another person, not even a thank you. Another nearly bowled me over as I exited the lift. He pushed into the lift before I had a chance to get out. Not even sorry. There's a person from level 7 who the awkwardness goes off the scale when they enter the lift. Next I see them in the lift, I might get out at the next floor, and leave them to their awkwardness.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
How am ah feelin'...? :thinking: Like a junkie at job interview - nervous as f**k! :ironicsmile: Got tickets to a sold out opening night at new concert venue in Glasgow. So am currently between anxiety/panic attack & adrenaline rush at the moment. Y'know that "Whoa!" feelin' gamblin' addict gets a rush off when they roll the dice how it lands on their choosen number? Aye! That how am kinda feelin' mixed with the feelin' o' bein' on a rollercoaster... Nerves n' excitement! Because ah've seen this new venue gettin' built for the last year or so when ah'd travel up to Glasgow for other music or comedy events. F**k! Hope it goes well...? :praying: Concidently, ah didnae sleep much ataw last night.

Ah think it's just bein' in a unfamilar place that yer no' use tae, yet...

AGR

I feel like crap,really,really crap.
Also really tired of being alone,funny because I am getting a lot of attention from girls lately,but it still what good it is if I am still single?

JuiceB

Earlier today while at work I was feeling down and at the brink of tears thinking about how my life has turned out. I know it's self-pity. As a man I'm not suppose to show emotion so I try hard to suck it in. This time I felt like was going to break down and cry at any moment. I'm glad I didn't but it was close

I've been feeling really dead lately. I always try to think of something funny or about silly situations in my head to keep the pain away. It's how I usually cope but it's just a mask. That 'fake it to make it' stuff doesn't work well for me.

Anyway, I only posted this much stuff to see if it'll make me feel a bit better.

anomicdeer

Have no way to get to work except the cab which is $20 both ways. I have to take it two days in a row. $80 dollars in a weekend. I don't think I end spent that much on myself in my whole life. That is 2 days of works money...

No matter how hard I try no to hate my life...
there is something.

MikeyC

I'm suffering from lift anxiety. I should take the stairs. Today I kept the door open for another person, not even a thank you. Another nearly bowled me over as I exited the lift. He pushed into the lift before I had a chance to get out. Not even sorry. There's a person from level 7 who the awkwardness goes off the scale when they enter the lift. Next I see them in the lift, I might get out at the next floor, and leave them to their awkwardness.
Taking stairs is way better than taking a lift. Sorry this happens to you, but hopefully it's just a cluster of bad lift moments that'll ease up.

I feel like crap,really,really crap.
Also really tired of being alone,funny because I am getting a lot of attention from girls lately,but it still what good it is if I am still single?
If you're getting a lot of attention from girls, you won't be single for long! ;)

As a man I'm not suppose to show emotion so I try hard to suck it in.
This is such a crappy gender role. If you're sad and need to cry, do it! If friends tell you that it makes you less of a man to cry, then are they really your friends?

dottie

disappointed in a younger family member. i have tried talking to her but beyond that i do not know how to help her. i am embarrassed for her and sad for the path she is choosing when she has all the resources to really make something of herself. she is throwing it all away.

Lamb

Having to cut someone out of my life I was once very close with hurts terribly. On the rare occasion I visit facebook, unfriended them. Picture triggered sadness. Literally feels like getting off of an addiction. In tears, think I'll have a good cry now.

Last edited:

JuiceB

This is such a crappy gender role. If you're sad and need to cry, do it! If friends tell you that it makes you less of a man to cry, then are they really your friends?
No friends but I understand what your getting at. Thanx.

Phoenixx

Exhausted. I had such an emotional whirlwind of a day. Had a terrible night sleep because I felt so sick, thought I would've ended up cancelling my trip, managed to get 4 hours of sleep in and felt better this morning, so I still took my trip to Buffalo today and was there for pretty much the entire day. (Got about 2 hours worth of nap time in altogether too so that was nice.) I have so much to say, but a Tumblr post will have to wait until tomorrow because I'm sleepy. The college I visited was amazing and my gut is telling me this is right. I've never felt this way about a college before, or any place to live for that matter, I absolutely loved it. :D

Only got three hours of sleep last night because my homework took much longer than anticipated. I functioned fine enough today but I'm at that stage now where your head is really fuzzy and borderline delirious. It's not miserable, it's just annoying when you're trying to write a paper for class and each thought takes twice as long to process. I am REALLY looking forward to bed!

I'm also happy to report that I am one third of the way through the semester and have A's in all of my classes. It's one thing right now that I can feel really good about, and amid all the turmoil at my house, that shiny GPA and the intellectual discussions in class give me something to look forward to and work toward. I think it's making all the difference in my sanity O_O

As Blackpuma said in an earlier post, having something to look forward to is crucial to remaining on an even keel emotionally. Always set things up in your life, if you can, that you can look forward to in the future!

dottie

I'm also happy to report that I am one third of the way through the semester and have A's in all of my classes.

:thumbup: well done!! keep it up!

As Blackpuma said in an earlier post, having something to look forward to is crucial to remaining on an even keel emotionally. Always set things up in your life, if you can, that you can look forward to in the future!

so true

I'm also happy to report that I am one third of the way through the semester and have A's in all of my classes. It's one thing right now that I can feel really good about, and amid all the turmoil at my house, that shiny GPA and the intellectual discussions in class give me something to look forward to and work toward. I think it's making all the difference in my sanity O_O

Congrats on the A's, Opal.:thumbup:

Kiwong

Congrat on the straight A's, a reward for effort.

Kiwong

b7x4j4.jpg

MikeyC

Damn migraine::(:
I'm so very lucky I don't get these.

Earlier today I was flicking through a local newspaper because I had a few minutes spare, and I saw an article about the local SES (State Emergency Service) needing volunteers. Basically these are people that would go out after a massive storm and clear fallen trees, debris, and help the community. There's an information night on October 14th, so I think I'll go to this and see if I can become an SES volunteer. :)

I'm feeling good about this. The fact that I want to do something like this is testament to how I've improved over the last few months. :perfect: