How are you feeling?

Nathália

Well, I was right! I wasn't going tae be left alone today. Ma oldest sister manipulative as per usual.

My sister: "C'mon, you've no been out for a few days..."
Me: "Ma legs are feeling sore today"
My sister again: "Aw, c'mon... what's wrong with ya?!" *
Me (in my head): See my previous answer!
* Get tae f**k!

Do you think she just want's attention from you at times? It seems like she's just begging you to do stuff for her nonstop.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Do you think she just want's attention from you at times? It seems like she's just begging you to do stuff for her nonstop.

Funny you should mention that, Beleza. My mum said exactly the same thing recently when I was talking to her about my oldest sister's constant pressure for me to do stuff. But, yeah, I think that might be the case.

It's starting tae annoy me, though. It's like I can't have a moment tae myself. Constanly getting grief if I don't - and I emphasize that - reply tae my oldest sister texts or emails. Yet, she'll ignore my replies, sometimes. Apparently, there's something wrong with liking yer own space from time to time.

Nathália

Funny you should mention that, Beleza. My mum said exactly the same thing recently when I was talking to her about my oldest sister's constant pressure for me to do stuff. But, yeah, I think that might be the case.

It's starting tae annoy me, though. It's like I can't have a moment tae myself. Constanly getting grief if I don't - and I emphasize that - reply tae my oldest sister texts or emails. Yet, she'll ignore my replies, sometimes. Apparently, there's something wrong with liking yer own space from time to time.

Aw, I'm sorry. I know you don't want to offend her. There may be something really wrong with her, I hope you can sort it out in sometime.

Agent_Violet

anxious...just heard about a dog that is going to be put to sleep if they don't find a foster home or rescue willing to take him in. I'm offering my home to him as a temporary foster...if they approve me, this will be the first time i've actually fostered a dog. i'm nervous

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Aw, I'm sorry. I know you don't want to offend her. There may be something really wrong with her, I hope you can sort it out in sometime.

Sort it out? Ha! Cannae see that happening anytime soon. My oldest sister only hears what she want tae hear, at least coming fae me, anyway. What makes it all the more difficult, is the fact my oldest sister tends tae go in the huff if I talk back to her. A woman in her mid-40s, you'd think she'd be a bit more mature. Takes it personally if I say "No". Her response is always: "Eh? Why no?! What wrong with ya?". It's like I've always got tae justify my solitude.

I don't want offend, but feel it might come tae that. You know, just tae get my point across. I fear I might snap at my sister and tell her that her overbearing, domineering personality is just my late father - because she is. Something she'd hate tae hear coming fae me.

Rembrandt Broam

anxious...just heard about a dog that is going to be put to sleep if they don't find a foster home or rescue willing to take him in. I'm offering my home to him as a temporary foster...if they approve me, this will be the first time i've actually fostered a dog. i'm nervous

Just focus on the really good thing that you're doing in giving him a home, even a temporary one.

(And maybe it'll end up being a permanent one.)

Phoenixx

^ I really hope they approve you. My mom did that about 7 years ago. These two dogs, a lab puppy and an old springer spaniel, showed up at our house one morning and we had no idea who they belonged to. We called the local warden and he found the owner. The guy took the puppy, but said he didn't want the other and was going to put her down just because she was old and had a weak bladder. That's no excuse to put down a dog. :mad: My mom immediately took her in. We had her for a couple years more before we ended up having to put her down due to cancer. (she went downhill pretty fast) Yeah, I know it wasn't long, but honestly those last two years she was really happy.

Lemonheadzuccini

I feel like i want to cry right now but i cant im scared out of my mind and i cant say the reason why here. i made a stupid mistake i want to take it back a million times

Nathália

I feel like i want to cry right now but i cant im scared out of my mind and i cant say the reason why here. i made a stupid mistake i want to take it back a million times

aww Sorry. It's okay to make stupid mistakes and grow from them. ::(:

Sort it out? Ha! Cannae see that happening anytime soon. My oldest sister only hears what she want tae hear, at least coming fae me, anyway. What makes it all the more difficult, is the fact my oldest sister tends tae go in the huff if I talk back to her. A woman in her mid-40s, you'd think she'd be a bit more mature. Takes it personally if I say "No". Her response is always: "Eh? Why no?! What wrong with ya?". It's like I've always got tae justify my solitude.

I don't want offend, but feel it might come tae that. You know, just tae get my point across. I fear I might snap at my sister and tell her that her overbearing, domineering personality is just my late father - because she is. Something she'd hate tae hear coming fae me.

Sorry, Graeme. I just hope for the best.

Nanita

I am desperate. I am taking care of the 4 kittens that I rescued after they were left in a box on the street one week ago. They need bottle feeding every 3 hours, so I am totally sleep deprived and exhausted. I am desperate to find a home for them, because I will have to leave the country in a couple of weeks :( I might be able to take the kittens with me but it seems pretty complicated to bring them on an airplane. I am praying for them.

Last edited:

DeadmanWalking

I am desperate. I am taking care of the 4 kittens that I rescued after they were left in a box on the street one week ago. They need bottle feeding every 3 hours, so I am totally sleep deprived and exhausted. I am desperate to find a home for them, because I will have to leave the country in a couple of weeks :( I might be able to take the kittens with me but it seems pretty complicated to bring them on an airplane. I am praying for them.

Is there someone you know that you could leave them with? You could also put in an ad for them in the newspaper or around your area. I hope something works for you.

Nanita

Is there someone you know that you could leave them with? You could also put in an ad for them in the newspaper or around your area. I hope something works for you.

Nobody is willing to take care of them. I don´t know many people here, I´m only visiting the place (Greece). I have contacted 3 local animal organizations, one of them wants to help me bring them to my country, but like I said its difficult and I don´t know if its gonna work out. I have also contacted people on facebook, and nobody has the heart/the guts/the will to help. I mean how hard is it to have a cat living in ur house - it´s doable.. especially if the alterntive is that it dies from starvation on the street. But people are lazy and egoistic. I have even offered to pay for the expences.

DeadmanWalking

Nobody is willing to take care of them. I don´t know many people here, I´m only visiting the place (Greece). I have contacted 3 local animal organizations, one of them wants to help me bring them to my country, but like I said its difficult and I don´t know if its gonna work out. I have also contacted people on facebook, and nobody has the heart/the guts/the will to help. I mean how hard is it to have a cat living in ur house - it´s doable.. especially if the alterntive is that it dies from starvation on the street. But people are lazy and egoistic. I have even offered to pay for the expences.

If all else falls out, you may just have to bring them with you. You should look into that and find out exactly what it will entail.

Srijita52

Yes. I will do all I can for those sweethearts.
Thanks for caring
Its great that you want to help them. I hope you find a place for them.
I'm sorry, my inbox is always open if you want to talk. I hope things get sorted.
Just focus on the really good thing that you're doing in giving him a home, even a temporary one.

(And maybe it'll end up being a permanent one.)
Agreed, good luck Agent V.

lilmutegirl

Pretty good. I asked a question in class, which was a nice change of pace. I'm earning those participation points! Woo-hoo! On a side note, it's crazy hot here, and I'm not enjoying that.

Pretty good. I asked a question in class, which was a nice change of pace. I'm earning those participation points! Woo-hoo! On a side note, it's crazy hot here, and I'm not enjoying that.

Good job! I never asked questions in class. I was always too afraid. And it's hotter than Hades' butt-crack here as well.

I've been slightly on edge since my doctor took me off of the Gabapentin. I feel irritated frequently and I want to kill people for no good reason. Of course being surrounded by my family all day at the hospital a couple of days ago didn't help.

My grandma may be going in for another surgery on Friday. She is supposed to have the plaque taken out of the arteries around her heart. But they keep trying to stand her up on her new hip and she keeps fainting, so she isn't getting enough blood flow to the brain as it is. If they do the surgery on Friday, we'll be back at the "she's at a high risk for a heart attack" thing again. I wish they would put it off, but she can't just lie in bed until her hip heals. It's a catch 22.