Exercise Log

replica

Thursday 26th January

Type: Bike ride
Distance: 50.13 km
Time: 01:38:04
Speed: 30.7 km/h

Initially started as a slow recovery ride but I couldn't help myself and pushed a little harder on the way back.

@Jus

In regards to the numbness this is quite a common problem for those who aren't use to riding or ride long distances. You will often see cyclist wearing the tight lycra gear, these shorts are normally padded to ease the pain. You don't have to wear the tight shorts, there are normal looking shorts with the same padding, they are called shy shorts.

Now if you're a serious about bike riding you can change your saddle, you can get softer saddles, harder saddles, saddles with a cut out down the centre to ease the area you're talking about. I've heard finding the right saddle can be tough, it's a very personal thing. Hope that helps :)

lunarla

Eww, the BMI calculator said my weight should be 90-110 pounds & that I'm obese.
I weigh 151 and look like I'm at a normal weight.
I think I'd look kinda gross if I got down to 90 pounds, but that's just me.

Hmmm, how tall are you? It also really depends on the proportions of your body. BMI is a pretty vague guide at times.

kc1980

Most cycling pants are padded, and this is for a reason, as it really increases your comfort a lot. You can best go look for some in a sports store, or if that's not around look on the internet. I started wearing them for the first time 3 months ago, and now wear them most of the time when I cycle long distances. They might look weird first, but you get used to them.

The other things, as was mentioned, might be getting another seat, or adjusting the seat to a better position.

Bit embarrasing :p but question for the guys....... My main cardio is riding my exercise bike. After 30-40 mins... the errr umm groin region seams to get quite numb and sore i guess. Is there some trick im missing ? Do people who ride for a while have special softer seats or something ?[/QUOTE]

s_line

The past week I've started swimming and already I've been told I look broader :eek:

My goal of exercising was to gain weight (which for some reason is impossible for me) and to help my stress/anxiety. Since I started swimming I've gained 4 kgs which is just insane. Weights did nothing, and was a bore to me, so I lost interest, and always go for the usual bike ride 4-5 days a week, but swimming has made an exceptional impact on me. It's so relaxing too in the water.

Kiwong

Thats great to hear your annoying back pain is almost gone Kiwong:)

So does "thinking" about doing exercise count!?::eek:::rolleyes:

Thinking about exercise is the first step towards doing it, Blue Days. Even a few short walks. Small beginnings. It does feel great once you get over the difficulty in starting.

panicsurvivor

I can't believe that I have not participated in this thread yet.
P90X Shoulders and arms. 1 hour.
P90X Ab ripper. 16 minutes.
200 kicks on fight dummy.
4 miles on my eliptical. :cool::cool::cool:

replica

Saturday 29th January

Type: Bike ride
Distance: 77.42km
Time: 02:25:00
Speed: 32.0 km/h

Headed out at 6am with a few others, steady ride from start to finish taking turns when required. Had light food and drink every 10 km, seems to be working as I wasn't too exhausted at the end.

replica

I'm sorry for hogging this thread, wish more people would participate :(

Saturday 29th January

Type: Outdoor Run
Distance: 10.24 km
Time: 00:54:00
Pace: 5:16 min/km

Awesome no knee pain at all. Lots of massaging on Thursday night and I mean lots. Didn't wear calf guards tonight because it was so hot and humid so I'm pretty sure all credit goes to the massage. I really need to discipline myself to do it regularly.

AGR

****,I was suposed to go to the gym today but its to cold and I am to lazy::(:,but monday is mandatory :mad:,more than 1 month that I dont spar,next time I am going to get my butt kicked for sure.

Did some ankle rotations. Hurt like hell. But I'm supposed to do it anyway. *sigh*

Now for a walk.

Cast, shoe, crutches, coat, good to go.