Exercise Log

EscapeArtist

Jogged 20 mins on the treadmill this morning. Which is actually a big deal for me. When you get so out of shape, a little goes a long way in proving to yourself that you can get back up. Yipyip...

Tiercel

Maybe it was the seemingly weekly snow storms last month, but for some reason I've started to care again. For the past two weeks I've done push ups 3 days/week. You know you're out of shape when you do push ups and the next day your stomach is sore. I just need to remember that I hurt my shoulder last summer by doing too many too fast, and to take things slowly. And I'd really like to be able to do things without a stabbing pain in the top-front of my shoulder....

I've also been slowly sprinkling in additional exercises, too. With the emphasis on "slowly." After all, I don't want to start out too strong and kill what little motivation I have.

kc1980

This week: cycled to work 4 times (the distance is about 52 km, a few kilometers through the forest, with some slopes).

Monday: going: 2h and 10 minutes, which is pretty good for me. Coming back in the evening: about 2 hours and 20 minutes.

Wednesday: a punctured tire on the way up, which took more than half an hour to replace, but for the rest it was ok. Afterwards I had some problems with the brakes, which sometimes touch the wheel. I'll have to readjust the wheel probably.

By the end of the week I was in worse shape though, and on Friday I had a pretty bad day. Going I had to cycle against strong winds, which nearly blew me off my bicycle. On top some of the road through the forest was very muddy and sticky. To make matters worse, my knee started hurting ::(:. It took me nearly 3 hours. In the evening I had the wind in my back, but I wanted to save my knee, so I almost didn't peddle. It took me again 3 hours, and I was home after midnight. I hope I will recover next week, otherwise I'll have to leave the bicycle aside for a while.

Anyway, for those interested, a picture of the bicycle:

Attachments

• X-fire.jpg
    X-fire.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 0

replica

416 km in a week, that's awesome man! I don't think I could do that, I'm not surprised you were knackered by the end of the week. Good job man :)

By the way nice bike!

Steve23

Spent an hour in the gym with free weights then 30 mins on the treadmill in the morning. Finished the day with an hour of yoga at the studio :).

AGR

Went to the gym again,was very anxious so I waited 3 hours before closing,most everybody bolts from there,because the coach makes the last ones clean the gym:D.
5 rounds of skipping rope
5 rounds of shadow boxing
6 rounds on the bag
3 rounds on the mitts,oh this killed me
5 rounds skipping rope again

no sparring yet

went 2 times this week,its ok I am only coming back,used to go 3 to 4 times a week before,next week I can only go saturday because I work the night shift,on my way home grabbed a big mac,"idaho" burger and large fries,cant help I got a urge for it while reading the thread on this forum::(:,I know I need to lose weight ,but cant help it,everybody around my weight on the gym are 6'0 +(1,80 cm +) I am 5'6(1,69 cm) :D

bsebring

^ Hey! Seems like you did really good your first day :)
& I get what you mean when you look at all the people around you. The guys are basically made of iron when I walk in but I usually just use that as motivation to work out harder lol

Good Luck with your weight loss goals!

replica

Sunday 6th February

Type: Lap Swimming
Distance: 1600 m
Time: 00:55:00

Was meant to go to Coogee beach but I forgot my goggles so I went to the indoor pool instead.

Kiwong

8km run, very slow, hip painful after 5km. Stiff for the reast of the day, but no pain in back.

Replica, how's your eyes swimming without goggles in a indoor pool? The chlorine must sting.

replica

Tuesday 8th February

Type: Outdoor Run
Distance: 8.08 km
Time: 00:44:00
Pace: 5:24 min/km

Type: Outdoor Bike
Distance: 45.93 km
Time: 01:28:00
Speed: 31.3 km/h

Felt extremely tired most of the day after that morning run, I thought you're suppose to feel fresh and ready to work? Anyway felt better by the afternoon and was ready for my evening ride, forgot my bidon though.

@Kiwong: I actually went back home to get my goggles. I also find the the chlorine irritated my eyes.

I actually do more workouts which I don't log in this thread mainly because I don't want to clog it up with all my post, I will wait for someone else to add their workouts first before I add mine.

Anyway keep it up everyone :)

Feathers

WOW! Great work everyone!

went for a walk today :)
didn't really do much else, still to start an exercise program with more stuff.. I was doing some weightlifting with water-filled bottles a few years ago and it felt quite good.. not sure if I dare to do that again.. :) or just dancing/yoga/stretching..

Renegade, can you tell yourself that when you will have exercised and build a great body, the girls will look at you with admiring eyes etc? :) Like bsebring, it was similar motivation for me one year to work on my muscles for a certain event haha..
Maybe you can start early, or figure out a good time when there will only be a few people.. I think it's better to have a few people and so also work on your sa, than to exercise completely alone.. you may also meet someone friendly?

bsebring

I've decided to run the Cleveland marathon.
I've started training a few days ago
96 days to go!

>>and remember..always argue your limitations<<

bsebring

Tx. I duno if u really undersand the point I was talking about the girsl around me as a big distraction, and in my caseI dunno how could I use them as motivation ? :confused:

The iron guys you talked about are my motivation indeed :D I cant wait to have 6 pack again, only 15 kg to lose :p

OK update log in the evening, thse last two days I skipped gym cause i had a flu and it were like -15 degrees outside and I walk alot on foot to the gym

Haha, well I just meant that I thought all the guys are hot and probably single so maybe they might be thinking the same about me which, in turn, motivates me to push harder to maintain my figure lol
It's just something to shot for dating status wise lol

...I know, it sounds kinda silly out loud but gotta maintain motivation somehow :rolleyes:

replica

96 days to go!

Nice! It's heaps better when you have a race to train for :)
Which distance have you entered? Full Marathan, half, 10 or 5?
It's 88 days til my event, doing the half ironman :eek:

bsebring

Nice! It's heaps better when you have a race to train for :)
Which distance have you entered? Full Marathan, half, 10 or 5?
It's 88 days til my event, doing the half ironman :eek:

I'm doing the half with my dad. It's my first time doing it so I'm really excited. :)
and holy crap! me and my dad joke around about how much of a beast you have to be to do the iron man....CRAZZZY! haha but good luck!!

Last edited:

Tiercel

Dear Other Flabby People,

Always remember to do your sit ups after you do your push ups. Otherwise, you'll only be doing sit ups.

Sincerely,
Tiercel

Kiwong

96 days to go!

>>and remember..always argue your limitations<<

Good luck, bsebring, plenty of time to get fit for he half.

10 minute jog on the spot, my back is getting stronger.

replica

I'm doing the half with my dad. It's my first time doing it so I'm really excited. :)
and holy crap! me and my dad joke around about how much of a beast you have to be to do the iron man....CRAZZZY! haha but good luck!!

I'm excited that you're excited about doing the half - you'll have so much fun, well maybe at the end of the run :)

I would love to say to someone " I am an Ironman!" - that be so cool ::p: but at this stage I just hope I can be half of one. What is crazy about the Ironman is not the professionals but all the age groupers who enter and complete the event, people of all shapes and sizes. It goes to show almost anyone can achieve what they set their minds to. They are a true inspiration for me :)

Wednesday 9th February

Type: Ab Ripper X
Time: 00:15:00

Disappointed I couldn't make my pool session but I have to prepare for my practical completion inspection tomorrow morning! And another 30 minute intimate session with a 10 kg weight plate and foam roller.

Thursday 10th February

Type: Outdoor Run
Distance: 8.57 km
Time: 00:46:00
Pace: 5:21 min/km

Program says 45 minutes. Done.

Last edited:

bsebring

Just this past week I can feel my body changing. I feel more tone and I have a lot more energy. My cloths are lose on me. I feel really good.

This week...2 hrs at the gym a day, 6 days a week.
(I'm taking sunday off since it's not open)