Exercise Log

jus

pullup bar is pretty useful... not quite as many bars as in the video tho :p
but only costs lke $30 on ebay

lurve mine =)

Cool! Im pretty sure the first time id fall flat on my face, but it looks like a fun and interesting alternative. Now I need to find a playground with that many monkey bars around here!

replica

Sunday 30th January

Type: Open Water Swim
Distance: 2000 m
Time: 01:05:00
Pace: 3:15 min/100m

First 500 metres was ****house, could not get into rhythm. Was doing very little freestyle, lots of breaststroke and even backstroke! I knew I couldn't keep this up if I wanted a reasonable time so the head went down and did freestyle. Last 1500 was brilliant, did it continuously and felt great. Very happy.

Note: Time should be less as this included a bit of talking and also crossing the island to the lanes. Oh this is the first swim with a wetsuit, so much easier but I have to remember some lube as I got massive chaffing around my neck line.

panicsurvivor

P90X Yoga. One hour thirty minutes.
Slaving throwing 100 pound carcasses of animal flesh around and cutting through it for eight hours. (work)
200 Kicks on fight dummy.

panicsurvivor

A fight dummy? What is that like a punching bag?

Sort of. He stands up and he has a head and shoulders and body no arms though. He can stand a three and a half feet to seven and a half feet. He is great for presicion striking. But a heavy bag is still better for power.

jus

40 mins doing "Scooby killer AB workout" with 10kg.
in alot of pain now....

The dummy thing sounds pretty cool. Its made out of rubber or something im guessing ? If you dont mind me asking, how much did it cost ? I had a look on internet, couldnt find anyone on ebay etc. Im looking for something like that.. was thinking of getting one of those punching bag stands but i aint paying $300 for a bit of bent pipe with some welds.

Last edited:

Luke1993

Sort of. He stands up and he has a head and shoulders and body no arms though. He can stand a three and a half feet to seven and a half feet. He is great for presicion striking. But a heavy bag is still better for power.

Ha pretty cool that you can adjust it's height, so you can train yourself against hobbits, dwarves men and giants! :D

Anyway today I do not do my resistance stuff as it's a rest day, just cardio on a cross trainer (elliptical machine). Since I have joint problems I'm using this as it's less impact on my knees but I hope to build up to standard running someday or maybe a jump rope.

I looked at myself in the mirror today and I've noticed that I now have a visible 4 pac! Which means I've made progress, considering I used to be quite fat. I don't excercise for appearances sake, but it was good to see that I looked better and what I'm doing is working! So by the end of the year maybe I'll have a 6-pac who knows!? :D

AGR

I went to the gym :D,almost gave up,but not this time,all I did was 5 rounds of jumping rope,1 round is 3 minutes,5 rounds of shadow boxing,5 rounds hitting the bag and 5 rounds jumping rope again,I escaped the sparring:D he said it would be to hard to spar right away I agreed,also escaped the mitt work,it will be for the next time,when you are out of form only one or two rounds will kill you,eating a bunch of food right now,I know I need to lose weight but I cant help it.

replica

Monday 31st January

Type: Indoor Lap Swimming
Distance: 2000 m
Time: 01:00:00
Pace: 3:00 min/100m

Having swam 1500m continuously yesterday I knew there was no reason for me to stop at the end of the 50m lap pool. The urge to stop was there but told myself to keep going, ended up being a very good training session. Program was only 1900m so I did an extra couple of laps to make it 2km total :)

replica

Tuesday 1st February

Type: Outdoor Run
Distance: 6.02 km
Time: 00:31:46
Pace: 5:16 min/km

Seeing my knee seems to be better I thought it was time to start following a training program for the Busselton 70.3 Ironman. Had to start on Week 7, lucky it was a recovery week, just what I needed to ease myself into it - I should have enough base training. Was required to run 30 minutes.

replica

Tuesday 1st February

Type: Solo Bike Ride
Distance: 31.47 km
Time: 01:00:09
Speed: 31.4 km/h

Morning run, day at work then a bike ride after work, still feeling good.

Kiwong

60 minute pool jog. 5 minute jog on the spot. Might be ready for a return to land running on Saturday.

jus

45 min 'scooby ab killer workout' @ 15kg.

quite pleased cause i had been stuck on 10kg for the last 4 weeks =)

replica

Thursday 3rd February

Distance: 8.13 km
Time: 00:43:00
Pace: 5.14 min/km

Another morning run, I enjoy these except the getting up part. Program required a 40 minute run.

Type: Outdoor Bike Ride
Distance: 46.47 km
Time: 01:31:00
Speed: 30.50 km/h

Program required 90 minutes. Went to grab my bike only to find I had a puncture. When this happens all enthusiasm generally fades but I had to get this done. Changed the tube and went out and rode above my normal aerobic pace to beat last light. Think I pushed a bit too hard because towards the end I didn't have much in the tank.

replica

Saturday 5th February

Type: Group Bike Ride
Distance: 84.44 km
Time: 02:37:00
Speed: 32.3 km/h

Small group of 5, was a hard ride, I couldn't really take a turn because I was too spent trying to keep up with them. Fell off the back but they were nice enough to wait until the last stretch.

Distance: 4.77 km
Time: 00:23:00
Pace: 4:47 min/km

Immediately after the bike ride I transitioned to do a run. Was tired but still felt alright to keep those legs turning over. Wanted to slow it down to a more reasonable pace but my running partner kept pushing.

Type: Outdoor Ride
Distance: 5.78 km
Time: 00:12:07
Speed: 28.6 km/h

Light ride home from the bicycle shop after a hard morning training session.

replica

Thanks for the link Kiwong, I'm sure that will come in handy one day.
Not keen on paying all the pool entries though at $5.20 a pop, be nice to own your own pool :)