Do you want kids?

Do you want kids?

• Yes

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • I don´t know!

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • No

Votes: 27 55.1%
  • Maybe, but what if they´re not gonna be punk rock like me?!

Votes: 6 12.2%

• Total voters

Flanscho

If I'd find the perfect partner with whom I'd be sure to spend at least the next two decades with: yes, kids are an option. Since that is an unlikely case though, I don't really care.

Zaki

No. Being around kids for more than ten minutes drives me crazy. After twenty, I'm about ready to die. :kickingmyself: Sorry to be so blunt, but they really irritate me after a while. Don't get me wrong...they're cute and everything...those adorable little monsters. However, I don't think I could handle taking care of my own children, for various reasons.

Last edited:

Silatuyok

I don't like children. And I have a horrible gene pool. Still, sometimes my ovaries try to convince me otherwise.

awkwardamanda

No no no. I can barely care for myself, I cannot for the life of me imagine being a parent.
This.

No. Being around kids for more than ten minutes drives me crazy.
And this.

I don't like kids. I don't get all excited about babies. They annoy me and I never know how to act around them. I have a hard enough time dealing with my own life. Hell if I'm gonna try and guide someone else through theirs. I've spent my whole life so far being tired and stressed out. I've never had any sense of balance. I do not want to live my entire adult life the same way, or at least, I do not want to knowingly make it worse. I need a lot of time to myself and I've never had enough time to just chill out and do the things I want. I would never get that with kids. I'm also emotionally cold and distant and I would have difficulty connecting with them if I had kids. I'd make a terrible parent. Oh, and a few days ago, I watched an episode of a kids show (Yo Gabba Gabba!) out of curiosity, only because they made fun of it on South Park. It was so dumb it was hilarious. I was like, "This is why I could never have kids. I couldn't watch TV with them without rolling my eyes and laughing at how stupid it is."

Kids? Probably not. I can barely look after myself. *stuffs face with chocolate* :giggle:

I can just imagine the Mikey household.

During dinner time, three plates of broccoli and one that's just a heap of chocolate. You'd be shovelling it in your mouth by hand, while your two kids try to keep down their veggies, all the while angrily glaring at you.

Last edited:

Scandic123

I kinda hate small children. They're too loud, annoying, curious, etc... But at the same time, I want a family. So, I don't really know.

MikeyC

I can just imagine the Mikey household.

During dinner time, three plates of broccoli and one that's just a heap of chocolate. You'd be shovelling it in your mouth by hand, while your two kids try to keep down their veggies, all the while angrily glaring at you.
I'm not that insane!

...or am I? :giggle:

Odo

Banned
I would tend to say not but part of me thinks I'm going to seriously regret not having them when I'm older.

Regret93

I will never breed. It's the most sadistic and destructive thing a human can do, it's voluntarily spreading the tumor across the planet.

Capsaicin

Sort of, but I don't know how things would work out with me as a parent. One of my instructors once talked about the difference between parents and grandparents being that the parents are the ones who give a child structure and order and the grandparents are the ones they can tell absolutely anything to without fear. I always heard it said as the grandparents being the ones to spoil them, but I think I've seen this, too.

I'd probably make a much better grandparent or sibling type, which is why I want to start volunteering with kids at places like Big Brothers/Big Sisters.

Regret93

A good reason not to inflict any more people on the planet, hence my signature. Agent Smith was quite right in his assessment. Personally, we should pull the plug on the third world. If you're living on a garbage heap, why are you having children and why do charity panhandlers expect me to support them when even I cant afford to bring them up right?

I agree. The only logical reason to have that many kids in those conditions is because they are hungry.

Bronson99

A good reason not to inflict any more people on the planet, hence my signature. Agent Smith was quite right in his assessment. Personally, we should pull the plug on the third world. If you're living on a garbage heap, why are you having children and why do charity panhandlers expect me to support them when even I cant afford to bring them up right?

While you're at it, pull the plug on the first world too.

Not sure I like your comment.. are you suggesting the right thing to do is stop supporting poor countries?

Let's do it this way--suppose you were born into complete poverty. Would you prefer that richer countries don't help you or your ailing friends/family at all?

Why are they having children.. well all the obvious answers apply, everyone wants to live on through their kids and feel like they've made their mark, people enjoy sex but do not always have access to preventives.. yada yada. I just speak the basic truth, yo.