Do you want kids?

Do you want kids?

• Yes

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • I don´t know!

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • No

Votes: 27 55.1%
  • Maybe, but what if they´re not gonna be punk rock like me?!

Votes: 6 12.2%

• Total voters

Klonoa

we should pull the plug on the third world. If you're living on a garbage heap, why are you having children and why do charity panhandlers expect me to support them when even I cant afford to bring them up right?

hi-whoa-bye.gif

I come to this thread and I end up with this...

While I can see your point, there are several reasons:

Some women of poor ghettos and the like in third world countries have a "mathriarcal" power of sorts, have lots of kids so when they grow up they gather money and steal and the kind of stuff for her and she has nothing to do with it.

Social reasons, "you're not a real man/woman if you don't have kids, and the more kids you have, the more of a man/woman you are".

But the most common one: plain and simple horniness. Just the thrive to **** endlessly.

A real support that isn't just giving people money (because they think of charity as getting money without doing anything), is giving them proper education. Once you give them PROPER education, and a wider look at things, how to use reason and logic, then problem solved.

Otherwise you get beasts that can talk.

For a time in Mexico, populance lowered and we had a good brief spike in economy, with the slogan "The smaller family lives better". Using all sorts of advertisements to convince people that if they have 1 or 2 kids, that's enough and they'llhave a better family economy.

And the moment they stopped that publicity, BAM, they began to reproduce like cockroaches.

Of course the biggest reason why third countries exist to begin with it's their goverment. They abuse in the extreme, stealing as much money from the budgets as possible, giving the police and the beaurocracy very small wages, thus creating petty corruption (i.e. give the cop 10 dollars if he pulled you over and he won't do anything). And fighting a goverment is hard...

But sure, keep your Nietzsche Wannabe/Straw Nihilist thoughts if you wish, but the third world issue is far deeper and worse than what meets the eye.

Anyway, answering the main question, yes, I'd like 1 or 2 kids. I'd very much like a daughter and take care of her. In a good place, not this horrible war-thorn country.

Kiwong

The only regret I have is that my parents had some great qualities to them, and whilst I am not the best expression of them, I saddens me that they won't be carried on into the next generation.

Klonoa

I guess we're not going to be taking warm showers together in the wee hours of the morning, then?

I don't know what that means...

I'm sorry I said that, I was in a horrible mood that what you said kinda rubbed me off the wrong way.

I apologize.

Klonoa

That's OK :) Kind of almost hoping for a good old fashioned flame thread, though. :p

Not after today. >: I am scared of myself as of late, I turly begin to despise old people and my fuse is very short as of late. And I don't wanna be like this. I think it's the whole war thinking breaking up my psyche. >_<

Once again, I'm sorry, I don't know what I was thinking when I said that. >:

awkwardamanda

A good reason not to inflict any more people on the planet, hence my signature. Agent Smith was quite right in his assessment. Personally, we should pull the plug on the third world. If you're living on a garbage heap, why are you having children and why do charity panhandlers expect me to support them when even I cant afford to bring them up right?

If it were up to me, we'd be sending boatloads of condoms to these third world countries that are overpopulated with starving people. Unfortunately, religious groups that don't like contraceptives try to get in the way of those sorts of efforts. Not that we shouldn't be sending food, money, and other supplies, but sending condoms would reduce the need for those things. I just think that when people can't even feed themselves, they shouldn't be having more kids that are destined to starve. Condoms would go a long way in slowing population growth, thus reducing the strain on already limited resources. Fewer babies would mean their food supply wouldn't be spread so thin and maybe more of them would have a chance at surviving. Personally, I'd rather help local charities anyway. There are enough problems in my own city and country.

Of course the biggest reason why third countries exist to begin with it's their goverment. They abuse in the extreme, stealing as much money from the budgets as possible, giving the police and the beaurocracy very small wages, thus creating petty corruption (i.e. give the cop 10 dollars if he pulled you over and he won't do anything). And fighting a goverment is hard...

And if those damn corrupt governments would just shape up and manage their friggen countries, the first world wouldn't have to step in and help so much. They could focus on dealing with their own issues.

MikeyC

I just think that when people can't even feed themselves, they shouldn't be having more kids that are destined to starve. Condoms would go a long way in slowing population growth, thus reducing the strain on already limited resources. Fewer babies would mean their food supply wouldn't be spread so thin and maybe more of them would have a chance at surviving.
Something coyote once said has stuck to me. He mentioned that less fortunate people like those in the third world have more babies because the mortality rate is so high. They have heaps of kids in the hope that some survive. I can actually believe that.

Sending condoms doesn't mean they'll use them, either. There needs to be education, but the situation in these poorer countries is so bad that it could take a long time to change their thinking about fertility.

Despite all my issues, this is one reason I'm so thankful to be an Australian.

jaim38

This question never gets old. No, I don't want kids. I'm not born pretty, who would want my genes anyway? And I'm not gonna even think about plastic surgery for said future kids. I want to devote my life to spirituality, exploring the unknown.

I think I want kids when i'm 35 or something. Currently I'm having other plans, enjoying life the best i can, all though I'm stuck with this SA, i hope 2014 will change a lot.

singing-love

If you had of asked me 6 months ago do I want children I wouldn't have hesitated to tell you yes, I love children and want my own, two of them actually. Of course I always worried that I wouldn't get to have children due to some personal reasons and of course I'd like to have a partner. I always thought if I couldn't have children of my own I would be a foster parent and help children from difficult situations. Given my life circumstances I feel I could be a parent, I do it now so I know I could. However, things are different now and I don't think I will ever have children. I have a partner now and he's against the idea and I respect his choice, so bang goes that idea lol. It's funny the paths life leads you down that you never saw coming.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
I think I do, even though it would probably be a disaster.

It's too bad life doesn't have an eraser for the really big decisions.

If you had of asked me 6 months ago do I want children I wouldn't have hesitated to tell you yes, I love children and want my own, two of them actually. Of course I always worried that I wouldn't get to have children due to some personal reasons and of course I'd like to have a partner. I always thought if I couldn't have children of my own I would be a foster parent and help children from difficult situations. Given my life circumstances I feel I could be a parent, I do it now so I know I could. However, things are different now and I don't think I will ever have children. I have a partner now and he's against the idea and I respect his choice, so bang goes that idea lol. It's funny the paths life leads you down that you never saw coming.

I never wanted kids and the wife was ok with that. Now we have three, a girl and two boys. What i mean is just because he don't want them doesn't mean it won't happen.