Do you feel normal after exercising?

The Nephilim

If I can exercise 30 minutes twice a day, I feel great. I feel more energetic and more alert. They say regular exercise does great things for depression and I think it helped my overall mood a lot. I haven't done any regular exercise for about 3 months, and I definitely notice the difference. I'm back to feeling tired all day from the moment I wake. I've moved in to the city now, so I'm trying to find a gym or something. It's hard work getting into the routine of it if you're lazy like me, but I think it's definitely worth it.

iamthenra

No, exercise makes no difference on my mood. If I am depressed, I don't feel any different during or after exercise. Going for a long walk one day, I remember tears falling down my cheeks and wishing for death to take me. Endorphins and all that BS doesn't do a thing for me.

Usually I go 4 times a week to the fitness centre. I feel much better after exercising. It makes me feel less weak and tired.

BlackKids

Not matter how stressed I am exercise always sets me right :)
Might start going to the gym on a morning instead of leaving it till last thing in the day. Kinda pointless been anxiety free for the 30mins before I go to sleep.

philly2bits

Might start going to the gym on a morning instead of leaving it till last thing in the day. Kinda pointless been anxiety free for the 30mins before I go to sleep.

It's not pointless. It can help you get a good nights sleep doing it later. I wait until evening to workout for just that reason.

BlackKids

I second that. And its not only for that 30 mins of anxiety free that gym is good for. ANd not even for a good night;s sleep. It's better in so many other ways that u cannot imagine. The health of your body counts, even if it cannot influence THAT much the health of the brain.

I especially enjoy the pump, blood rushing through your muscle when u do exercise. Like Arnold Schwarzeneger said in Pumping Iron: ''the pump is better than sex. when i feel pumped, i feel like I'm cumming. so imagine cumming all day when u go to the gym. it;s great'' (isnt exact quote)

lmao Arnie has never been with that girls I have :D

WorldEndsWithMe

I feel happy and motivated, but no less shy or awkward than I was going into the workout. So no, not "normal" (whatever that is).

seafolly

Wow. I'm thrilled to see this thread!

Phys. Ed. was the only class I did really well in in high school because it was the only one where I showed up. The exercise used my adrenaline and I would feel better afterwards. This changed, however.

You know the feeling you get when tiring out? Maybe a tiny bit of dizziness, shortness of breath, sweat, you get the idea. All those are preliminary anxiety attack symptoms for me so if they happen, even if triggered naturally, my brain interprets it only as I'm about to have an attack and it all escalates. It makes going to the gym awfully difficult and I can't handle treadmills (when I touch the ground again I feel like I'm falling!) so I'd just do strength training with weights and that seems to be the best thing. It's too bad as I'm told cardio does wonders for anxiety. :/

mummylala

i always feel great after exercise, i should be doing it more often, but the kids keep me that busy i never get the chance

Rexus

Not matter how stressed I am exercise always sets me right :)

I agree with this and highly advise it. I recently moved my workout to the morning. I hit the gym at 8, finish around 9:20 go home for a quick bath and breakfast then be at work at 10. My work is from 10 to 8 and it's really helping me be more at ease.