Did you drop out of high school?

Did you drop out of school?

• No, I finished high school.

Votes: 64 31.7%
  • Yes, I dropped out of high school.

Votes: 31 15.3%
  • Yes, I dropped out but took the GED later.

Votes: 25 12.4%
  • No, I finished high school but dropped out of college.

Votes: 41 20.3%
  • No, I finished high school and finished college.

Votes: 41 20.3%

• Total voters
yes i did, when i was around 16 years old.

wasn't fun, but i am back into college, because i was almost at a graduating point at high school, so luckily i could get referred to college.

but it was very sad to leave high school and especially because of sa because people could not get it.

EscapeArtist

Yeah, that's how I ended up here! :) I'm trying to finish it now through taking night-classes and online classes for grade 12, but so far are finding night classes difficult but i'm dedicated to not reliving the experience of avoidance and failing again. It was so horrid and carries so much shame, to flunk highschool. Especially as a high-achieving student, my parents always labeled me as the 'smart one' or the one that's 'good at school' and going to be something big, so of course they are even more confused and angry that I was the one that ended up dropping out.

mikebird

Banned
I felt I was doing the right thing. My education through to BSc Hons Cybernetics & Control Engineering. I was on a high. I loved everything, but wasn't ready for no job at the end of it. I thought it could never be otherwise. My Graduate scheme showed me round loads of our country - space rockets and other countries - CERN, etc. I should have been ready to start on simpler stuff like a train driver. I did BIG mechanical, electrical wiring, oily cleanup stuff. Piping. Escalator. Elevator.Maintenance. My dream. I proceeded to offices, as told, and this was the biggest shock of my life. Not quite like a big school with desks. I was trying to do what people wanted me to do. There should have been a time to say NO! Put me back in the tunnels in orange coats and hard hats. Oil and gas rigs. I always did what I was told by teachers at school. Following. Maybe I regret quitting school, but I never wanted to.

Office is a different universe

JuiceB

Yes. I dropped out of high school when I ws 18, but not because of anxiety. A few years later I went and got my GED.

Starry

I dropped out of school just af 15, but then 9 or 10 months later I was admitted to a school which dealt with people who couldn't attend mainstream school for physical or psychological reasons (the school had different bases around the city, the main one actually being at the children's hospital -which was not the one I attended.). I had to catch up on all the missed work in just five and a half months. I attempted to go to college, but the induction day was too much for me and I knew I couldn't cope with it.

jaim38

^Same here! But now i'm back in college taking online classes. Much better than the nightmares from prior.

Geo

No but I want to. I'm halfway through grade 12 so I really don't see the point in doing so now, especially when my marks are good (80ish).

cocorose

I finished 2 years of HS and eventually got my GED. I also took classes at a community college for 2 years and just finished a one year certificate at another college.

Lonelykitsune

I stayed in secondary school to the end.

I'm in first year of college now and I think I'm going to drop out since I have to do a work placement abroad next year and I can't even bear thinking about it.

RingsOfSaturn

I dropped out right before my sophomore year of high school. My anxiety and some other issues I was having at school just got bad enough that it was doing really awful things to my mental health and I couldn't imagine going back for the next year, so I didn't go back for it.

I'm scheduled to take my GED test next month and after that I really want to go into nursing and get my CNA license. So, you know, hopefully. *crosses fingers* Everything is going to work out.

akala

dropped out college mid semester
and my professors kept asking where I had disappeared off to, because i was
such a good student. When my depression and social anxiety started... in grade 9 my math teacher who i had all of high school saw me go from a care=free outgoing girl to a closed, sad, quiet girl,lacking motivation; he passed me on all my years out of pity maybe but I would have been forced to repeat if it weren't for him

Kiwong

I finished high school, but dropped out of university. Then I went back and studied mature age and got my degree.

THeCARS1979

I dropped out of school in the 8th grade. I then took my GED was I was 16. I also know someone else who dropped out because of anixety.

So, I was wondering how many people have dropped out and how many people were able to make it through?

No I wanted to finish High school so I didn't drop out. You will still be okay