Did you drop out of high school?

Did you drop out of school?

• No, I finished high school.

Votes: 64 31.7%
  • Yes, I dropped out of high school.

Votes: 31 15.3%
  • Yes, I dropped out but took the GED later.

Votes: 25 12.4%
  • No, I finished high school but dropped out of college.

Votes: 41 20.3%
  • No, I finished high school and finished college.

Votes: 41 20.3%

• Total voters

Phoenixx

I finished my first three years.. But then I took a profficiency exam to leave early, to goto college. I was so fed up. I hated it.
So much bull****. And the few people I enjoyed being around graduated already so I wouldve been alone anyway
^ How does that work exactly? I mean, you don't really graduate do you? What do you get? Is that nationwide? Sorry for all the questions, heh. I've never heard of it. I know there's always the option of graduating early though, so you could start college sooner, but of course that's lots of work. I wish I could've done it, but sadly I couldn't.

jmroszczak

i managed to graduate Highschool even though i never attended graduation(was too scared to walk across stage). the last day of school was the first day my agoraphobia started of what would come to be 6 years of going outside maybe 5 times. I did manage to pick up my diploma 7 years later though :D

dazedgal

i finished high school and i'm working towards a bachelor's now. I hated high school. my friends started abandoning me the very first year, i was having issues at home and no one to talk to. things added up and i ended up going to a mental hospital. from then on high school was a drag, i even had to move school's to try and forget the past. since then i have never had a friend.

Seri

I finished high school, but stopped after my first year of university.

They only had about one class I was interested in, it didn't really seem to be leading in any clear direction, I had a huge debt out of that one year, had felt pressured to go to university in the first place, and I absolutely hated the idea of doing any sort of presentation or speech which from what I recall was compulsory if you wanted to finish any area of study. And no, I didn't make any friends during that year of university either :p

Predacon

I finished High School, yet two of my siblings who are much more outgoing then me, dropped out and did Home schooling to finish off high school. I have to say that bugged the hell out of me at the time.

Helmaninquiel

I was very popular in high school,
I knew the punks, stoners, goths,
nerds, preps, whatever.. I was very
social, very happy girl, up until grade
eleven that's when my depression started
It's funny too cause I don't really remember
what happened but I went from being
extremely social to not leaving my house,
better yet my bed. So yeah I finished up
until half way through grade eleven.

MaliceInWickedland

Yeah, graduated. But I didn't attend graduation, does that count?

I did the same thing only because I was so eager to leave that damn school and never return. It was hard enough going through high school with SA and I worked my ass off during those four years so it better count! xP

Mr_Vabanque

I was almost expelled from school a couple of times and the mere thought of it sends shivers down my spine, because I had nothing to fall back upon.
At the age of 15-16 I waged my personal little war against my teacher, who actively tried to ruin my future. I was part of a little clique of four, we were bored, underchallanged and a little combative too (granted). She misinterpreted us being maladjusted as purely negative and thought we were actually trying to undermine her authority. Well her way of handling the situation was desastrous and resulting in one of us getting expelled. We get a sort of evaluation at the end of each year here, that pretty much determines whether you're going to find a job or not; it's a short statement about your character. I got catastrophic results there which directly led to my odyssee through different schools trying to bypass the whole mess. She used her influence to have my name cancelled from the waiting list to some kinda alternative program for those who couldn't find a job. That program is usually frequented by problematic people with issues of violence, often badly integrated foreigners. I'm none of those things, I was a good student and i was denied a spot on the WAITING LIST. Thanks to some divine intervention I found my way out of there to higher education (Gymnasium).
My career there was a little problematic as well. Simply put my issues with people etc intensified during these years, and I found myself having huge trouble dealing with the schedule etc. At some point i had ditched so many lessons that my permanence there was endangered. A good hearted teacher called me at home telling me that I was about to get kicked and that my only chance would be to quit school deliberately with the excuse of personal issues and by that maintaining the chance to retry half a year later. Did so. During that 6 month long hiatus, my dad - who has little understanding for lets say ideal issues such as social ones - kicked me out of the house. Long story short: eventually the issues between my dad and me could be fixed, I got back to school and graduated as one of the best students in my year. I'm at a university now.
Thanks for reading this.

MaliceInWickedland

I was almost expelled from school a couple of times and the mere thought of it sends shivers down my spine, because I had nothing to fall back upon.
At the age of 15-16 I waged my personal little war against my teacher, who actively tried to ruin my future. I was part of a little clique of four, we were bored, underchallanged and a little combative too (granted). She misinterpreted us being maladjusted as purely negative and thought we were actually trying to undermine her authority. Well her way of handling the situation was desastrous and resulting in one of us getting expelled. We get a sort of evaluation at the end of each year here, that pretty much determines whether you're going to find a job or not; it's a short statement about your character. I got catastrophic results there which directly led to my odyssee through different schools trying to bypass the whole mess. She used her influence to have my name cancelled from the waiting list to some kinda alternative program for those who couldn't find a job. That program is usually frequented by problematic people with issues of violence, often badly integrated foreigners. I'm none of those things, I was a good student and i was denied a spot on the WAITING LIST. Thanks to some divine intervention I found my way out of there to higher education (Gymnasium).
My career there was a little problematic as well. Simply put my issues with people etc intensified during these years, and I found myself having huge trouble dealing with the schedule etc. At some point i had ditched so many lessons that my permanence there was endangered. A good hearted teacher called me at home telling me that I was about to get kicked and that my only chance would be to quit school deliberately with the excuse of personal issues and by that maintaining the chance to retry half a year later. Did so. During that 6 month long hiatus, my dad - who has little understanding for lets say ideal issues such as social ones - kicked me out of the house. Long story short: eventually the issues between my dad and me could be fixed, I got back to school and graduated as one of the best students in my year. I'm at a university now.
Thanks for reading this.

Wow that's rough... I'm glad you pulled through in the end and were able to make something better of yourself. Very inspirational story you have there. Thanks for sharing :)

Invisibleman

No but ive thought about it many times and have asked my mom many times but she still says no.Im starting grade 12 in like 3 days so I guess theres not really a point but I still want to really bad. Just thinking of going back to the place I hate full of the people I hate just makes me want to vomit .

MaliceInWickedland

No but ive thought about it many times and have asked my mom many times but she still says no.Im starting grade 12 in like 3 days so I guess theres not really a point but I still want to really bad. Just thinking of going back to the place I hate full of the people I hate just makes me want to vomit .

I know how you feel. Senior year really sucked for me and it felt completely pointless without my good friends around to cheer me up (they already graduated at the time and my other "friends" left me behind to hang out elsewhere). I'm not saying yours will suck too though. If it serves as any reassurance to you, your Senior year will go by in a flash. It goes by so fast that you won't even believe it, you can take my word for that. Just try to make the best of it and it will be over sooner than you think :)

Last edited:

takethislife

Feeled like it but fortunately didn't.. I just graduated a few months ago.

If there's anyone who thinks about dropping out - don't do it!
Believe me I know how you feel. For 4 years almost every day i would rather do anything than go there again. I've experienced everything that comes with having anxiety in high school and yet i've survived. Things do get better.

Luka

I've always thought of quitting public school since last year. So then I could be home tutored and independently study myself. Who knows what I'm going to do yet. :eek:

Metal_isthe_Answer

I was forced out of college because I had a major car wreck, I actually waited 6 years from graduating high school to decide to go to college and nearly died a month and half later, so when I had my wreck I said Im never going to college again, thats what I get for trying to improve my financial situation

averagejoe

Well, I don't know if this counts or not, but I'm still going to high school (currently in my junior year). I have no thoughts of dropping out, and am not having plans any time soon to drop out. Grades are relatively high, taking a couple AP courses. I'm planning on going to a some what decent college. The only thing that bugged me throughout my first 2 years of high school, are the people around me. It's not that I don't like to socialize with people, it's just that I choose not to socialize with them. The boys always come to school with their flashy shirts and saggy skinny jeans, and the girls always try to expose their body as much as they can without violating the dress code. Me? I'm comfortable with wearing a t shirt and some shorts to school. This leads to the assumption that, if you don't have alot of nice clothes, your either poor, or just flat out weird. Everyone judges you so harshly by personality and looks. No one has respect for themselves or for others. Students just unfairly lash out and accuse a teacher for their bad grades, when they don't even make the effort of getting a good grade in the first place. No one has the decency to even hold a door open for others, and they usually shove and push in the hallways. If you drop your belongings around others, they either walk away like they didn't notice, or just flat out laugh in front of your face. People just walk up to the front of the lunch line as if no one else was waiting behind them (This is why I always bring lunch from home). I try to be a decent person when the chance arises, but it kinda bugs me that I'm one of the few that tries to bring the good out of this cruel world. I just want to find one person who has a simplistic view on life, and who has the common sense to be courteous to others. I have yet to find a person like that in my school.