Did you drop out of high school?

Did you drop out of school?

• No, I finished high school.

Votes: 64 31.7%
  • Yes, I dropped out of high school.

Votes: 31 15.3%
  • Yes, I dropped out but took the GED later.

Votes: 25 12.4%
  • No, I finished high school but dropped out of college.

Votes: 41 20.3%
  • No, I finished high school and finished college.

Votes: 41 20.3%

• Total voters

IGotSeoul

Well, I don't know if this counts or not, but I'm still going to high school (currently in my junior year). I have no thoughts of dropping out, and am not having plans any time soon to drop out. Grades are relatively high, taking a couple AP courses. I'm planning on going to a some what decent college. The only thing that bugged me throughout my first 2 years of high school, are the people around me. It's not that I don't like to socialize with people, it's just that I choose not to socialize with them. The boys always come to school with their flashy shirts and saggy skinny jeans, and the girls always try to expose their body as much as they can without violating the dress code. Me? I'm comfortable with wearing a t shirt and some shorts to school. This leads to the assumption that, if you don't have alot of nice clothes, your either poor, or just flat out weird. Everyone judges you so harshly by personality and looks. No one has respect for themselves or for others. Students just unfairly lash out and accuse a teacher for their bad grades, when they don't even make the effort of getting a good grade in the first place. No one has the decency to even hold a door open for others, and they usually shove and push in the hallways. If you drop your belongings around others, they either walk away like they didn't notice, or just flat out laugh in front of your face. People just walk up to the front of the lunch line as if no one else was waiting behind them (This is why I always bring lunch from home). I try to be a decent person when the chance arises, but it kinda bugs me that I'm one of the few that tries to bring the good out of this cruel world. I just want to find one person who has a simplistic view on life, and who has the common sense to be courteous to others. I have yet to find a person like that in my school.

very well said, I do hope you find somebody.

lilmutegirl

I finished high school. I went to the "smart school", and if I hadn't gone there, my mom was going to send me to an all-girl Catholic school (we are not Catholic). I would not have had the option to drop out, nor could I skip class, as my mom dropped me off at school in the morning, and saw me walk into the building. I would have nowhere to go had I skipped school anyway, since I had no mode of transportation. In college, however, I can choose not to go to class. This is not necessarily a good thing in my opinion. Mostly, because I have exercised this right too much. It took me 8 years to get an Associate's Degree, and I am struggling to finish a Bachelor's right now. If anyone who finished college has any advice, I'd gladly take it. It is 3 weeks into this semester, and I already feel it is doomed (I want to change all my classes, but fear it may be too late. I have emailed some instructors regarding joining their classes, but have not heard back from most of them).

anxiety1408

I dropped out of Uni in 2009 3 months after I started it, I didnt like the course. Now after so many years being Im going to do an open university course starting in may

Nanita

378624_10150447941573041_614883040_8817717_1646818731_n-e1323964995342.jpg

-
-
-

I finished high school. Dropped out of university.
Now I think it was kind of pointless to even finish high school. I appreciate some of the knowledge I got in high school, but I might as well have gotten that on my own, the teachers didn´t really teach me much, I learned the most of it by reading and studying on my own.

Last edited:

ThatOneShyKid

I would drop out of high school if I didn't find some purpose in it. I still want to accomplish things I've wanted to single middle school and elementary, so I mine as well wait it out. Plus, what would I do after high school? I don't want to have to think about that just yet..

Roman Legion

I had to repeat one grade because of stupidity that was my school.. I literally got suspended about every week for a week because of imbecile teachers and being bullied. I got sent to an alternative public school for a year or two and then came back to the crappy regular public school.. I have been in and out of college, *MOSTLY* due to finances, I am too poor to afford community college.. :( I am trying to get back in now.. Not sure if I will be able to financially..

jtb1980

My grades were so horrible throughout most of high school and college that sometimes I wonder how the heck I actually graduated from a 4-year University. I used to take out my diploma from time to time to make sure I really had it.

Gaucho

i managed to do high school but with horrible grades. every signature i just got the minimum to get the degree. I hated school so much, it was unbelievable,i thought al my problems were because of school, i was wrong, but realized that too late. luckily i never got bullied.
im 19 now and started College in March, but I'm pretty sure soon ill drop out soon if things don't change, cause i think i just am not able to learn and keep information in my head.

Lea

Banned
No although I wanted to. But towards the end I turned to the other extreme and started studying so hard that I passed the final exams with excellence.

Feeling_Nothing

Crap I selected the wrong thing...I ment to click I finished high school but quit college.
I just quit college couple weeks ago, looking for work now. College isn't too far from my house so I always went home in between classes.

I didn't have anyone to hang out with and I absolutely suck at approaching people...

Roman Legion

Crap I selected the wrong thing...I ment to click I finished high school but quit college.
I just quit college couple weeks ago, looking for work now. College isn't too far from my house so I always went home in between classes.

I didn't have anyone to hang out with and I absolutely suck at approaching people...

My last college was over 50 miles away (One way) I just sat in my car, I wish I could have gone home.. If I can get into this other college, I will only be about 30 miles (on way)..

Eristelle

Dropped out in the tenth grade. Twice. In public high school and a program called middle college. I lack motivation. I was too scared and distant to make friends. I always thought every single math teacher I had was out to get me. I was horrible at math and I always got the old female cold hearted teachers. I had math anxiety, lethargy, and I was just too afraid to be around people, even if they didn't notice me. Stupid excuses? Maybe. I'm serious about the evil math teachers though.

AGR

Where I am from after high school you still have to do 3 years of studying,I dont know what the equivalent would be in the other countries,I stopped studying in the beggining of the second year,a decision that I regret very much.