Did you drop out of high school?

Did you drop out of school?

• No, I finished high school.

Votes: 64 31.7%
  • Yes, I dropped out of high school.

Votes: 31 15.3%
  • Yes, I dropped out but took the GED later.

Votes: 25 12.4%
  • No, I finished high school but dropped out of college.

Votes: 41 20.3%
  • No, I finished high school and finished college.

Votes: 41 20.3%

• Total voters

razzle dazzle rose

I actually managed to somehow graduate from college, and have a Bachelor's degree. But in the real world? I have not accomplished much. Having anxiety/depression/OCD didn't make for an awesome college experience either; I missed out on so much. I have been wanting to go back to school for something, but I am not sure that will ever happen...a do over would be nice though.

Darkness_'82

I dropped out of high school when I was 16. I only had one friend and he was kinda two-faced anyway. Since I left school, I haven't made any friends. Just keep to myself and do my own thing. Which basically consists of playing PC games, watching DVDs and sleeping. And I'm 30, and still living at home. I feel so pathetic right now. Ugh.

lyricalliaisons

I had to quit high school because I was too terrified to go. Between 17 and 19 my agoraphobia was at its worst and I could barely leave the home. So, I quit soon after I turned 18, disappointing myself highly because quitting high school was something I always knew I would never do but I ended up doing it anyway. But, at the end of 2006 I got my GED and I started college four years ago.

CillaHasBrainActivity

I finished high school, but because of my anxiety I had to finish at a charter school. Now I am working my way through college.

Last edited:

Kat

yes, I did but I have taken a few skill based courses since then and that's scraped me through a little i'm not doing fantastic but I get by. I may be forced to become an academic soon when I leave my country and do a student visa.

knowlife

it was a combo of dropping out and flunking. i barely came to school in 12th grade. i would pop up for lunch and maybe a class or two before running off to do hoodrat stuff.

Gaucho

hi merel, wow you said u had about 20-30 presentations??OMFG!!! i would of died. i only had 1 or 2(i had like 2 more but didn't go) and was already frightened and depressed 3 months before before the presentation day!!!

lonely_drummer

Finished both highschool and university. Both were a good waste of time since I'm not doing anything with my degree. However I did learn some really interesting things in Uni. That's the only reason I went, was to learn something interesting, not to get a career which seems to be the only reason why people go now. They don't actually want to learn new interesting topics, just plow on through and become obedient enough to hold down a career. The true meaning of education has been lost which disappoints me quite a bit.

InvisaLady

I dropped out of school in the 8th grade. I then took my GED was I was 16. I also know someone else who dropped out because of anixety.

So, I was wondering how many people have dropped out and how many people were able to make it through?

I dropped out in the 7th grade after being mentally abused by the school social worker ,psychologist and many of the other students. I also could not deal with all of the loud and obnoxious students in my classes, The teachers were nothing more than paid babysitters. At the age of 28 I went legally blind so I found no reason to ever take the GED (not to mention I have no desire to learn about the civil war or dividing fractions, my mind just goes completely blank on those subjects. I'm not stupid, I just don't care)

Rawz

Yes, but at first I wasn't sure I was going to.

I was homeschooled. At the time, my mom suggested some tests--a GED. She didn't actually say "GED" she just mentioned some tests that I could take, that might help. I didn't know at first that I was going to take something that could/would replace a high school deploma. I also didn't know that I wasn't going to finish the last year of high school. But that's how it turned out.

And of course, later on, my negative, criticizing father talked negatively to me about not finishing high school. I didn't bother saying anything. I always assume it's a waste of my time to try.

psych

I dropped out. Didn't take the GED until I was in my 30's, because up until then nobody asked if I had it.
In school, I was mired in teenage angst, & rebellion. Anxiety had a lot to do with it, because I had discovered that when I was drinking, or high, I could suddenly socialize.
There was a lot of controversy. Girls hated me. People I thought were my friends were really lined up to stab me in the back. Took me a few years to figure out that I was really screwing things up.

Then, in my 30's, I had applied for a job I really wanted, & got it...With just one catch. They had asked for a copy of my GED.
I had to call the woman who had hired me, & tell her that I lied about school. (talk about a rough moment!) She said she admired my honesty, & they gave me six months to get it. So, I did.

MrSunday

I finished school. Then I went to college and completed my exams. I decided not to go University...instead I got a job.

Gaucho

no. but i don't know how i managed high school graduating. if i had to live high school again. 5 of 10 times i would drop out, and in this life the higher force wanted me to let me thru high school

blossoms

I finished high school and got a diploma. Although, I did switch from public school to taking online courses in 10th grade.

wanderingstar

Yes and no.

I have been home-schooled since three weeks into second grade, so I never actually went to high school.

I did try to go through Texas Tech University High School, but I'm rather dim and super-exceedingly lazy, so I ended dropping 90% of my classes with only a couple of lessons complete. I have a problem with responsibility (and authority).

Right now I'll probably go for my GED, actually I think we are going Monday to the community college to ask about what steps I need to take in order to get my GED. We'll see how that pans out.

U

user deleted

I left school when I was fifteen. I re-started my education in my early twenties. At University now.