Could you date a non virgin???

Ericisme

I don't know why, but I just don't like the thought of somebody I love, and loves me back, being with another guy before. Might be because I've never loved or been loved, but I know it'll be tough to get used to, for me.

BTW, it's cuz I's a virgin too. I'd understand if neither were a virgin.

Luna1740

The thought of someone that I love not being a virgin used to torment me, but as the years have gone on I don't really consider it anymore unless they are a slutty person

Luna1740

btw thing that got me over it was having a one night stand with someone who wasn't (only good thing to come from the whole experience)

Ericisme

btw thing that got me over it was having a one night stand with someone who wasn't (only good thing to come from the whole experience)

Hell, I may be a guy, but I'd rather just save myself for that special person, instead of wasting it on a one night stand. and no, I'm not religious.

Luna1740

Hell, I may be a guy, but I'd rather just save myself for that special person, instead of wasting it on a one night stand. and no, I'm not religious.

No that is a great way to think, i didnt mean it like that, I actually lost my virginity a week after turning 16 to my girlfriend of 4 monthsish at the time, we ended up dating for a year, but i definitely don't regret having done it. The one night stand was 2 years later. Anyway, There is absolutely nothing wrong with waiting, in fact it is probably a good thing, because i can tell you from experience that when it is with someone that you truly care about then it is absolutely wonderful in every way, but with someone that it is just for the sex and you don't have those genuine romantic feelings for and they reciprocate them, then it isn't really sex it is just like... well ****ing i guess would be the right word

Luke1993

If she wasn't too critical of me :D I guess I would date her, I wouldn't want to just rule someone out because of what they did in the past.

ughih8ocd

my girl and I were both virgins when we met and we fell in love with each other then we lost our virginity to each other and everything's been even better ever since.

but if I was a virgin, I wouldn't be able to date a non-virgin, I would want someone with the same level of experience as me.

oh how to answer and still be polite haha

I wouldn't date a virgin ...but mainly this is because I am 43 and really I am at an age where I know what I want , what I like and how I like it .....and there are few virgins in my age group.

:eek:

lyricalliaisons

At my age (28-- & still a virgin), it will be very unlikely for me to find someone who hasn't had sex. So long as the person hasn't had a lot of sexual partners, I wouldn't mind them having had sex before me.

No. I wouldn't. Especially in some regions of the world, where STDs like Aids are almost epidemic, it's just better to be safe to me. It depends a lot on the specifics though... if the person is truly wonderful... and her non-virgin status is due to things more outside her control (like being forced or pressured into sex)... then yes.

Felgen

I don't care if the person I'm dating is a virgin or not. Nor do I care if they have ever driven a car or if they have ever been alpine skiing.

Last edited:
Well, I'm not a virgin, so it doesn't matter to me. However, if I were a teenager (or perhaps early 20's) and a virgin, it probably would- or I at least would want someone that didn't have that much experience and wasn't a "player"- even now I wouldn't want that. I would have a hard time trusting that the person is serious about me and our relationship.

LadyWench

I don't know why, but I just don't like the thought of somebody I love, and loves me back, being with another guy before. Might be because I've never loved or been loved, but I know it'll be tough to get used to, for me.

BTW, it's cuz I's a virgin too. I'd understand if neither were a virgin.

I think your feelings on this matter are very understandable. I'm sure plenty of people feel the same way. I'm a virgin and I always thought it'd be better to be with someone that's a virgin, too. However, I met someone that isn't a virgin, and I've been with him for over two years now. He's only been with one person, though. He lost his virginity to her when he was only 15. She was an awful person that ruined his life, basically. The fact that he's been with someone else doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would. I know that he loves me and that's all that matters. I trust him and I know that if he could take back having slept with that other girl, he would. It was just a dumb mistake that a lot of kids make, ya know?

If you fall in love with a girl that has slept with someone else before, maybe it won't matter so much anymore. I'm not sure. I don't think non-virgins are ruined people or damaged goods. Having sex is something that humans SHOULD experience. Now, if they've had sex with loads of people, then that's something to think about. That isn't good.

Anyway, the reason I'm still a virgin even though I'm in a relationship is rather complicated. It has a lot to do with my OCD and anxiety and such. I'm just scared to have sex. I fear pregnancy a LOT. Blah blah blah. This post is long and stupid. Sorry I wasn't very helpful.

Uber Schnitzel

I've been with both virgins (well ok A virgin) and non virgins and it doesn't really bother me either way. To sit and think about who and what the person you're with has done before is just torturing yourself and there's really no need. As you get older (hey I'm only 25! :)) you'll find that anyone you date will have a history, a series of ex's, things they're not proud of and possibly even kids. You just have to deal with these things.

Emily_G

People mess up, you have to learn to get passed things like that in any relationship is the way I see it.

Waybuloo

Definitely I would date a non virgin, why is it wrong to be a non virgin, is it dirty and 'tainted' or something? When I was a virgin I preferred that a potential boyfriend would know what to do and probably have experience, and I don't see virginity as any sacred thing, it is a symbol for sexual inexperience, that's all.

Just seems kinda harsh because the underlying assumption of your question is that anyone who hasn't stuck their life out with the first person they had sex with should not deserve to be dated.

Last edited:

iamthenra

oh how to answer and still be polite haha

I wouldn't date a virgin ...but mainly this is because I am 43 and really I am at an age where I know what I want , what I like and how I like it .....and there are few virgins in my age group.

:eek:

I am going to be 42 this year, and yes still a virgin... If I was going to date someone, I sure as heck wouldn't be that upfront about my virginity...

xxaimsxx

Ive been asked out before by guys who wernt virgins and i wasnt that bothered that they have had sex with someone else it was the fact that maybe they would expect me to have sex with them straight away so i just said no to going out with them. I didnt tell them that was the reason though. Made me feel kinda stupid.