are people intimidated or afraid of you?

I feel this way sometimes..like not only do I avoid people but they seem to in turn avoid me as well. People that do talk to me..and aren't intimidated by my S.P. seem to be very outgoing, curious and genuinely like people. my one friend at work is not put off at all by my shyness..doesn't matter how I seem he talks to me anyway, and this has helped me to open up to him..because I see I don't scare him. But those people seem very rare unfortunately.

Agent_Violet

Yeah...I sometimes get this too. I think it's mostly because I have a bitchy face and seem unapprouchable.

i know this isn't supposed to be funny but i nearly snorted laughing because i have the ever present "bitchy face" too! It seems if i don't go around with a smile plastered on my face, i look like a total bitch

:D I love your bitchy face VampyVamp

Agent_Violet

I'm sorry, I don't know why they say it. You're a nice person.
I don't think people get intimated or afraid of me. They get bored all the time though.

thank you:) I think quiet is often mistaken for things other than shyness or social awkwardness. Shy people are intimidating for those who can't silence themselves for even a minute. Don't know why.I do know it isn't fair.

Hoppy

I am afraid of and get intimidated by beautiful women. Consider it a compliment.

Vampayah88

i know this isn't supposed to be funny but i nearly snorted laughing because i have the ever present "bitchy face" too! It seems if i don't go around with a smile plastered on my face, i look like a total bitch

:D I love your bitchy face VampyVamp

Thank you Bitchent_Violet!:D you look lovely in your avatar:)

Or let me add...people see that your shy and think they are doing you a favor by avoiding you or not really getting to know you. That bugs me too..because it doesn't help.

Srijita52

thank you:) I think quiet is often mistaken for things other than shyness or social awkwardness. Shy people are intimidating for those who can't silence themselves for even a minute. Don't know why.I do know it isn't fair.
I can relate. I've been called too arrogant or proud just because I'm quiet.
Thank you Bitchent_Violet!:D you look lovely in your avatar:)
^True and you too Vamp. :)

1BlackSheep

I've been told that I come across as "stuck-up" because I'm quiet and appear somewhat reserved. Little do they know what lurks beneath! ;)

mindflux

I`ve been told by people that they are never really sure what I`m really thinking and that I come of as two-faced, especially my smile is insidious.
Also, I guess people deep down are a bit scared that I might go on a murdering rampage one day since I`m a quiet guy that rarely shows emotion.

Funny stuff.

DeadmanWalking

My family has told me that I look angry or focused on something or, just overall, unapproachable. I can't imagine why though. People shouldn't be afraid of me because there is nothing to fear. Yet, for some reason, they are (I think).

dragonoth

Well I don't know about intimidated but when I have 'off-days' where I really want to be left alone, I believe it really shows on my face and body language. I tested this thought on one of my off-days and found that nobody came and talked to me during my whole day of being at uni. Not even whilst I was sitting in the computer cluster which is basically like a social commonroom. When I'm feeling happier, people usually come and talk to me, but that time nobody did.
So I conclude that whether people avoid you or not really depends on your mood.

Kiwong

Apparently yes. It is a paradox that the fear I hold up to the world gets reflected back on me. I am a big guy, and my anxiety can be taken as something sinister. If anyone would bother to look beyond my anxiety inside my soul they would realise how untrue this