A question for the girls!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeyC

::(: I've done nothing since I left school in 2009.
Making the transition from school to work varies in difficulty from person to person. Personally I found it quite hard until a stroke of luck came my way. It seems you're finding it even harder, but I'm sure SA isn't helping, either.

In my opinion, I don't think school educates kids and teenagers on life beyond school not nearly enough.

Moa

Nobody would look at me funny if I became an astronaut
Nobody would look at me funny if I did modelling
Nobody would look at me funny if I became a mathematician
Nobody would look at me funny if I became a CAO
Nobody would look at me funny if I became a pre-school teacher
Nobody would look at me funny if I became a dancer or a gymnast or a physicist or a nurse

Doesn't it bother you that no matter which of those options you choose, your male counterparts will earn more money than you doing the same exact job? To me that's not worth the benefit of not having my sexuality questioned based on my career.

Pros of being a woman: You have more time to gather yourself as soon as you hit adulthood. I am 19 a college drop out and no job. Imagine if I was a guy, how I would be judged?

Really? This is something I'm not familiar with. Where I come from the older generations think people without jobs are lazy whether they are male or female, and the younger generations generally think it's just hard to find a job these days whether you're male or female.

Men have to censor their creativity and worry about something being too feminine. I do not have to worry about if I come across as to manly with my drawings are writings. There is more personality allowed in women. We can watch whatever we want to watch on t.v and at the movies with out a man.

That is very true. :)

Well actually I'm not sure that that's true these days. Unless you have very small children you're expected to have a career, not least because that's often a financial necessity: two incomes to support a family.

I agree. If we don't have either children or a career, it's assumed that we are lazy. When I first moved in to my current home I did not have a job. A neighbor came to introduce herself, she asked if I have kids. I don't. She asked what I do for a living. I told her I didn't have a job. She said, "Well what do you do all day?" with a tone of contempt in her voice. It was really embarrassing.

MikeyC

Doesn't it bother you that no matter which of those options you choose, your male counterparts will earn more money than you doing the same exact job? To me that's not worth the benefit of not having my sexuality questioned based on my career.
Such inequality like this should not exist in 2011.

fitftw

both I and my female roommate aka girlfriend have weight issues.

I am constantly pinching my belly when I sit down. I grab a big ol' chunk of the "spare tire" like it's a habit throughout the day randomly. My girlfriend is a bit thicker than me and it really screws her head up when she catches me tugging my fat roll. Lately she barely eats 500 calories a day. If this keeps up I might have to call the hospital on her or something or trick her into going there.

I'd rather be a woman than a man. If you're hot you don't have to do anything ever, and if you're ugly it's just like you're a man!

Felgen

While men are under pressure to be full of muscles (abs, pecks, biceps, triceps) and be toned and shaved and tall, women certainly have it a lot worse, and I do feel the media picks on women far too much.

I'm not saying this to be a chauvinistic a-hole, but getting a body like Hugh Jackman in Wolverine or Gerard Butler in 300 takes much more effort than getting a body like a Playboy cover girl.

MikeyC

I'm not saying this to be a chauvinistic a-hole, but getting a body like Hugh Jackman in Wolverine or Gerard Butler in 300 takes much more effort than getting a body like a Playboy cover girl.
Essentially, you're correct, but that doesn't mean a woman should starve herself for that kind of body, much like a man shouldn't be at the gym 5 hours a day and eating protein bars like there's no tomorrow.

I will never get Jackman's body due to genetics, but I can be thinner if I put some motivation into it. It's my own issue.

Fen

Being a woman is a lot better.
When a ship sinks, you're the first ones to get on the lifeboats.

Damn, that's really unfair and I have never understood why

Thelema

You're right. I'm pretty sure boobs double as a flotation device

razzle dazzle rose

I like that I have girly hands so they fit into bigger hands.

But I have big hands! LOL...Bigger than most men actually. One of my favorite things to do is compare hands with them. It always trips them out that my hands are bigger :D

This is my nightmare question and I'm female. It's a major factor in my hermiting, I find it so difficult.

Me too! No one cuts me any slack on that because I am female. And I really wish they would too, you know. There is incredible pressure for us to have it all: the family, the career, the awesome body. All that contributes to my anxiety. I am letting other people's expectations influence me too much...but even if I were to ignore them doesn't mean that they are not there. I have none of those things of course...and I am not striving to achieve them either...I gave up! ::p:

Sometimes I really wish I could just be a housewife. Doesn't seem to be a real option though. Maybe it is true what my dad says: I am past my prime. Hahaha!

I'd rather be a woman than a man. If you're hot you don't have to do anything ever, and if you're ugly it's just like you're a man!

LOL! Both of you made me laugh!! ::p:

Aletheia

And I'm not saying this to be a bitch but: you must be joking.

satstrn

One of the hardest things about being a man (for me) that might be easier for women is having to take the initiative in a relationship or interaction. In my experience I always have to "take the next step" when I interact with a woman. For example, if I don't actively initiate a conversation with a woman, I won't have a conversation with her. If I don't ask women out, I won't be going on any dates. If I don't try to kiss her, I won't be kissing anyone. And on and on. It seems to me that it is usually up to the man to advance the relationship, which is funny to me because males as a general matter have far inferior social skills. Its like I'm expected to magically know what I'm doing. I'm sure there are many exceptions to this rule, but in my (limited) experience this is the hardest thing about being a male because my social skills are lacking and I usually screw it up. It seems to me that women have it easier in this department in that they can sort of wait for the man to take the next step. Of course, when a woman wants the relationship to go further and the man doesn't act, no one wins. I've lost a lot of women that were probably into me this way. I think things would be easier between the sexes if women took the initiative more often instead of sitting back and waiting for something to happen.

Last edited:

MikeyC

Its like I'm expected to magically know what I'm doing.
Depends on the woman. If she's aware of your inexperience whether it be sex or as simple as a conversation, she won't be expecting you to have all the knowledge. And vice-versa, too.

Moa

And I'm not saying this to be a bitch but: you must be joking.

Yeah... that was a rather uninformed statement. It's actually quite the opposite, women are genetically predisposed to having more body fat, while men have the hormones to support muscle building.

LOL. I just stay off of boats... we're creatures of the land! ::p:

fitftw

most of the stuff in life was man-made. Bridges, buildings, water irrigation systems, cars, gas stations, etc women had very little part in everything. Most of them can't fix the simplest problems. They are nurturers, good care-takers, not builders and crafters. And actually women are becoming less good at care-taking. I find a lot of women don't even clean house anymore or know how to cook delicious food. What's up with that?

Women will never initiate a conversation with you unless they aren't thinking about you sexually whatsoever.

Last edited:

Mickery

If you eat properly and work out consistently for long enough, you will get an alpha male figure. It's a lot of effort but it's not difficult, if that makes any sense.

coyote

cartoon-bang-head-jpg.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.