A question for the girls!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Felgen

well actually that's not exactly true, female models are required to be lean and toned and it takes the same effort for women to become toned as it does for men to become built.

Now I'm going to give felgen a hug... oh what the hell LETS ALL HUG FELGEN!!!!! :)

I never said that 18% wasn't lean, but my point was that it (or more precisely 20%) was within range of most women within a matter of months and that it wasn't dangerously low. The physique you'll see in most Hollywood Hunks is impossible to achieve without years of heavy weightlifting and cardio sessions as no man--regardless of testosterone level--can gain more than 10 lbs of lean mass a year after newbie gains or muscle memory. Do you seriously think that ripped male celebrities do not put pressure on men?

Thanks for the hug, btw.

Most girls if they burned 300 calories a day would lose about 20 lbs of fat in 6 months. Most female underwear models don't excercise harder than this, with the rather masculine fashion models you see on the catwalk being the exception and not the rule.

This math does not add up.

300kcal x 176days = 15 lbs

And not everybody's metabolism would work that quickly, weightloss is a lot harder than most people think.

I know all about this. I started a challenge to lose 10lbs in the 8 weeks run up to christmas and signed up 90 people (2 of which were male) and I got so many emails saying 'pffft I'll lose twice that' The final result day is tm but actually the average loss is around 6lbs and that's at an 800kcal defecit so ....sometimes the math just doesn't add up.

fitftw

I'm sexy and I know it. Until I take off my clothes.

Diets and exercise are difficult to stick to. Especially now that it's cold out. We all put on 5-10lbs during the winter. I run 2-3 miles 3-4 times a week and do some weightlifting and have quite the jelly-belly due to my love for baking and candy.

Last edited:

Felgen

This math does not add up.

300kcal x 176days = 15 lbs

And not everybody's metabolism would work that quickly, weightloss is a lot harder than most people think.

I know all about this. I started a challenge to lose 10lbs in the 8 weeks run up to christmas and signed up 90 people (2 of which were male) and I got so many emails saying 'pffft I'll lose twice that' The final result day is tm but actually the average loss is around 6lbs and that's at an 800kcal defecit so ....sometimes the math just doesn't add up.

If you're on an 800 kcal defecit then you're trying to hard; it'll only slow down your metabolism.

Mathematically everybody should have lost 10 lbs

800kcal x 56 days= 12.8lbs

But everybody did not lose 10 lbs and believe me it was not because they all went off the diet because they weighed in every single week and were held to a high level of accountability

I did absaloutely everything I should have done to a 't' and I lost the 10lbs but I didn't lose 12.8

Sometimes hormones and what not make it a lot harder, so no. It's not easier for women

If you're on an 800 kcal defecit then you're trying to hard; it'll only slow down your metabolism.

800 kcal does not mean 800kcal less food intake it means 400 kcal less food intake and 400kcal exercise or 800kcal exercise and a normal 2000kcal diet

Trust me I know what I'm talking about and it's not any easier for women to achieve the playboy look than it is for men to achieve the wolverine look.

Last edited:

Felgen

Mathematically everybody should have lost 10 lbs

800kcal x 56 days= 12.8lbs

But everybody did not lose 10 lbs and believe me it was not because they all went off the diet because they weighed in every single week and were held to a high level of accountability

I did absaloutely everything I should have done to a 't' and I lost the 10lbs but I didn't lose 12.8

Sometimes hormones and what not make it a lot harder, so no. It's not easier for women

Since a female actress body fat deviates less from the ideal percentage it's easier. Not to mention the fact that a female actress isn't expected to carry 30 lbs more worth of muscle than an ordinary woman.

You don't cut 400 kcal from your food if you burn 400 kcal from excercise, btw. It'll slow your metabolism almost as much as just cutting 800 kcal from your diet.

Felgen it's basic math

To maintain weight: Calorie intake =calorie output
To gain weight: Calorie intake < calorie output
To lose weight : Calorie intake > calorie output

So If I get a calorie budget of 2000 calories to maintain my weight then I should use less than 2000 to lose weight.

To lose 1.6lbs a week (which is a healthy rate to lose weight) I need to run at a defecit of 800 calories a day

800kcal x 7 days= 5,600kcal

And there's 3,500 kcal in 1lb

so that's 1.6 lb loss per week which is a healthy loss per week

But I like my food so I won't just remove 800 calories from my diet

Instead I'll do extra activity to burn some of those 800 so I can have them back in food.

And logically I should lose 1.6 lbs a week but it doesn't always happen exactly like that.

Felgen

Losing 1.6 lbs of fat a week isn't healthy in the long run. I never said you could lose fat on a calorie surplus either. You're missing my point.

Um, losing 1.6lbs a week is healthy if you have it to lose.

There's a enormous industry built around this whole principle

It certainly has worked for me in the long-term.

Given that I have been on and off steroids for years I have had about 46 pounds I wanted to shed and using these weighloss principles have managed to lose the excess weight when I need to. But good God, it's not easy!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.