A Place to Introduce Yourself

Darkly

I might as well "introduce" myself here. I registered some time ago, but I have not posted until now. It´s hard to admit, but I feel very lonely sometimes. Other times I feel apathetic towards social interaction. Maybe my apathy comes from fear of rejection and a deep seated feeling of unworthiness. I´m in that frustrating situation of feeling utterly lonely, but at the same time utterly scared of people.
It gets tiring when you feel that you are making a fool of yourself every time you speak to somebody. And then, after the conversation is over, you replay it in your mind, again and again. "Did I say something inappropriate? Did I say something stupid? They must really not like me at all..."

This is just a small part of what makes me unhappy. I´m just hoping that someone here might keep me company and feel lonely with me.

ammasgirl

Hello everyone,

I joined this site 8 years ago but never used it, I actually forgot about it!

A little bit about me,Im female, 29 , from Quebec , Canada. Ive had SA for a loooong time. I even remember having it as a 5 year old.

As a Quebecer , English is not my first language, its definetely not as good as I would like it to be, but I guess it could be worse.

I'm passionate about spirituality, metaphysics, personal growth, nutrition etc.

chia

Hi everyone! I recently lost touch with some friends so I was hoping to find a few like-minded people here to chat with. :)

I enjoy a lot of things but most of my time revolves around music and art... not the classic type mind you XD Animals, books, food... hundreds of random things that I find interesting.

I'm always worrying if people like me, if their humoring me and such, but I also love talking to people about nothing in particular. So, anyone?

LoyalXenite

Hi,
I have just joined and am still learning my way around this site.
Im 22, 23 in may.
I have Depression, Anxiety, OCD, BPD and agoraphobia. I adore my fiance' and my pets and they are my reason for trying to keep going.
I came to this site out of desperation, im miserable and lonely and trying to find a way to survive while my partner is away.

lonelyangel

Good luck with that loyalxenite!

My name is angel I am 28. I believe I suffer from AvPD. I'm having a hard time lately just facing some fears that are causing my life to be very unhappy and depressing. I'm hoping to just get some insight from others and learn how to face my fears.

BlueWeepingRose

Hello everyone. Well as you can see I'm 30 but I'm still young at heart.
Very shy to people I don't really know. In my spare time I love reading or writing.
Friendly and love communicating with people. I love 90's rock mostly and indie music. Lately I've been listening to music that I grew up with. :)

Lou-s-Darkness

Hey! I'm new here as well. What a coincidence, I'm actually from Canada too...though not originally, I'm just born here :) And I was also struggling with where to meet new people and actually start a thread or introduce myself somewhere, well, guess I finally found the place, thanx! I'm 19 yr old girl (turning 20 two months from now), and I believe I've started developing symptoms of Social Anxiety when I was 11 or 12. It progressively got worse from there, and by the time I was 14 and over, it was so bad I couldn't even get up to throw something in the trash can at school...the thought of it got me so scared, scared the living hell out of me. To this very day I cannot voice my opinion in class, and am incredibly afraid of oral presentations, talking with people and expressing myself in general. I actually went shopping today (first time in a few months because I was free and needed clothes) and came back extremely tired and the whole time I was there I kept thinking: please make this day end, please? I couldn't stand being in public...just couldn't. No amount of exposure can ever make me better, and knowing that sucks....I tried, but it fails every time. I haven't been diagnosed yet (professionally), but there's no mistaking this for shyness...I am helpless...I can't even order food at a fast food place....I can count on my fingers how many times I've ever ordered food....honestly I don't think it can be more than ten times in my whole lifetime. I can't talk on phones, I hyperventilate before even pressing numbers...I always blush when I feel like someone's staring.I have to take public transportation every day to go to my college, and everyday is the same painful, depressing, anxious and fearful day. I do, on the other hand find that breathing exercises might help a little...though not to the extent where I don't feel nervous anymore...it just keeps me from fainting XD. Um, I'm single, I actually find it easier to talk to guys (if I had the chance) since I have more in common with them than with some girls lol. But I can't talk to a guy without going red and stuttering like a madgirl! I want a job, cuz my parents can't afford paying for everything, but I can't do it. I'm actually an Interior Desin student, which is the worst program ever for a person with SAD to be in...orals all the time and teachers critiquing your work constantly...and the feeling that ur not truly measuring up to anyone is just..ugh...anyway..i hope I didn't depress anyone with my emo rambling about the tragic life I lead...just sharing here -___- I hope I can gather up the courage to go talk about it to a pro! I know I need it, as well as many others. Ok so that's it for now I guess...I would like to make friends here...since apparently I suck at making some in my day-to-day life and keeping them. I find verbal communication difficult, so opting for any communication done via typing is something of a miracle.

Thanks for hearing me out, whoever is interested enough to read this ^^U,

Lou~

Hello. I'm probably just an awkward introvert... I've no idea how to meet people even though I know how people meet people. My few social interactions are generally with a few friends I've known for a long, long time and my coworkers. I'm 22. My coworkers are at least in their mid thirties, but average in their 50s...

Anyway...I've done the whole online thing for meeting people, but it's hard finding like-minded people, until I started thinking... I do a lot of searching of "how-to's" and such for social things... A lot of times I end up on this forum and realized haha...if I'm looking for like minded people...they're probably here! So here I am, registered and probably will still be lurking... I'll make a comment here and there.