A Place to Introduce Yourself

Tian_Tian

Hello there :giggle:

My name is Shanna, and I'm 26. Nice to meet you all! Um, I don't have Social Anxiety...at least I don't think so, I mean I haven't been diagnosed with it. It's just that I seem to have such a hard time relating to people. I always feel the "odd man out". I know I'm introverted, a book worm, speak my mind, and am a deep thinker, but I sense I weird people out and I just don't understand why.

Do I offend?? *sigh* Anyway, I really feel like I can be me here. I'm glad I found this site!

Marc7

Hi

I'm a young guy that like sports. I also like video games and reading blogs and forums.

Last edited:
Hi all! Warning..I love to write so bear with me :) Now that I have an avatar I feel like I am officially welcomed. I joined yesterday and was growing impatient waiting for the Admin to approve of my profile, I was like what's the hold up, come on I want to talk to people geesh! lol Anyway glad they accepted me and glad to have found a group of people that I feel I can relate to just because we share the same problem...social phobia, issues, anxiety etc. I am not going to tell my life story, we'd be here all day but to make an already drawn out story short, I am here because I have struggled my whole life with relating to people, talking to people, relationships etc. My introverted nature already makes it hard for me to find people I can relate to in the real world, most of my friends are virtual, introverts love the internet :) I'd love some real world friends tho. Then on top of that because of anxiety I can be totally awkward sometimes with people and I find I weird people out sometimes. I have had successes tho meaning I have found people that appreciate me for me but they've either moved on with their life and forgot about me or just moved on, either way I am back to square one. Spending most of my weekends at home by myself, not socializing, not dating basically letting my life pass me by and it gets me very depressed because I don't wish this on anyone. At first I was ok with the solitude because I like my me time but suddenly it got more and more lonely. I have finally seeked out professional help because it's gotten to the point where it's paralyzing sometimes, the loneliness. I have family but we have a weird dynamic, my brother and sister I am not that close with. I wonder if my lack of building strong relationships with my family has had something to do with my inability or difficulty to build relationships with other people. Anyways, I hope to somehow figure out a way to get through this and find some happiness in my life because I feel I deserve it. We all deserve to have some happiness right? Thanks for having me guys and I hope to make some great friends here

GreyhoundLassie

hello everyone :)
I just joined this site today in order to learn more about social anxiety and hopefully gain some advice to help support my partner who has the condition. He is the most kind and gentle man I've ever met and it breaks my heart when I see him suffer with it so any tips you could give me would be greatly appreciated. I would just like to add also that I think each and every one of you are very brave as from an outsider looking in I can't imagine the pain and confusion you must have to deal with regularly.
Warm respect,
GreyhoundLassie

dampteatowel

Hi everyone.

I'm some random Canadian guy who decided to join this forum because I have anxiety (well, that should be obvious), and wanted a soundboard for my constant overthinking.

My anxiety has kind of developed over time into a generalized thing where I'm always worrying about something, no matter how insignificant.

Hoping I can get some good advice and meet some nice people here.

JNet

Hi, I'm a 36 year old married mom of two, a 17 year old girl and 5 year old boy. Right now I am off work and have been since early September due to my mental state. At this point I am dreading going back because I think that everyone is either mad at me for being off for so long, are making fun of me for it, or that they are going to treat me horribly when I go back. I am in the middle of a "break" with one of my best friends, at her request, because she can't handle me right now (her words) and it's tough going. She has no problem with another friend whose husband is going through something very similar to my right now though. I am very lucky that my husband is so very supportive of me, his support gets me through a lot of the bad days. I'm here to learn more about how to deal with SA ect, and it really helps me to see that I'm not the only one who has these thoughts/feelings. So, hi!

Eidie

Hello!
This thread is a relief since I feel this is a better place to introduce myself than making my own separate thread. I made an account last year so this is very belated. I've been a long time lurker and a very sparse poster.

I've always had terrible anxiety among other things but have been steadily working on improving myself. (I just finished an internship in in the field I'd love to be in one day and that's a very big step for me.) A lot of my anxiety stems from being very physically ill for most of my life. It is difficult to find people in real life who can relate to you in that circumstance....

Anyway I love art, studying languages, making vegetarian foods, listening to weird music, and I'm currently obsessed with my Nintendo 3DS. I'm here because it'd be neat to talk to others in similar situations and I think it would be very lovely to maybe make some friends as well.

BlueWeepingRose

Hello!
This thread is a relief since I feel this is a better place to introduce myself than making my own separate thread. I made an account last year so this is very belated. I've been a long time lurker and a very sparse poster.

I've always had terrible anxiety among other things but have been steadily working on improving myself. (I just finished an internship in in the field I'd love to be in one day and that's a very big step for me.) A lot of my anxiety stems from being very physically ill for most of my life. It is difficult to find people in real life who can relate to you in that circumstance....

Anyway I love art, studying languages, making vegetarian foods, listening to weird music, and I'm currently obsessed with my Nintendo 3DS. I'm here because it'd be neat to talk to others in similar situations and I think it would be very lovely to maybe make some friends as well.

Hello! Welcome Eidie! :)
I've been a member here for a short amount of time here and met quite a few people here. This is a safe place for you to share how you feel and everyone seems very friendly here. Like your interests, but I sadly don't own a 3DS at the moment. Feel free to talk to me anytime you wish.

DepravedFurball

How's it goin', eh?

Another Canuck joining you all, hailing from south-eastern Ontario. Turning 33 in another month and a half, and I've suffered from hypertension/anxiety/agoraphobia/SA since my mid teens.

Just reading some glimpses of your pasts allows me to say that I'm certainly lucky in that I can consider my plight to be 'mild'... though severe enough that I've watched all of my previous friends drift away, and absolutely dread going out into the jungles to forage for consumerist supplies...

I'm still functional in that I've got a full-time job as night security... though every day I consider abandoning my foothold in the 'normal' society... of course, if I did that, then I'd truly lose the war.

Anywho, I'm certainly looking forward to coming to know many of you, and hopefully, you'll see me for who I believe I am. Kind, honest, gentle, patient and thoughtful. At times. Depends on how much caffeine I've had.

^^

ImNotMyIllness

How's it goin', eh?

Another Canuck joining you all, hailing from south-eastern Ontario. Turning 33 in another month and a half, and I've suffered from hypertension/anxiety/agoraphobia/SA since my mid teens.

Just reading some glimpses of your pasts allows me to say that I'm certainly lucky in that I can consider my plight to be 'mild'... though severe enough that I've watched all of my previous friends drift away, and absolutely dread going out into the jungles to forage for consumerist supplies...

I'm still functional in that I've got a full-time job as night security... though every day I consider abandoning my foothold in the 'normal' society... of course, if I did that, then I'd truly lose the war.

Anywho, I'm certainly looking forward to coming to know many of you, and hopefully, you'll see me for who I believe I am. Kind, honest, gentle, patient and thoughtful. At times. Depends on how much caffeine I've had.

^^

Welcome to the forum! You're in good company.

coyote

How's it goin', eh?

^^

Hi, and welcome to the forum, eh?

DeadmanWalking

Hi, i am new member Slapback. I am a 68 year old love shy individual & have never had a partner or any form of intamacy with anybody ,a male virgin if you like. I have suffered social phobia all my life. Hoping to hear from similarly aged sufferers who know that things are not going to change now.....Sorry if that sounds a bit doomy.

Welcome to the forum:)! I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for here.

ImNotMyIllness

Hi, i am new member Slapback. I am a 68 year old love shy individual & have never had a partner or any form of intamacy with anybody ,a male virgin if you like. I have suffered social phobia all my life. Hoping to hear from similarly aged sufferers who know that things are not going to change now.....Sorry if that sounds a bit doomy.

Create a thread! Very few members will see this post.