A Place to Introduce Yourself

ImNotMyIllness

Welcome to the forum ShadowCookie. Please share away! We're all in the same boat. I'm a Newbie too and so far I have learned a lot here! I'm learning about myself through the experiences of others. You'll definitely find people in this forum that are like a mirror image.
Take advantage of it! :)

MikeyC

Why would I want the shadow of a cookie when I can just eat the cookie?

Welcome to the site, mate. :)

crazycatlady27

ok hi !!!
i am a mother of two little girls, and i have many many animals hence the name.
i am 27 and i developed SA when i got post natel depression from having my first daughter, i got rid of the pnd but then i developed SA and panic attacks and OCD.
people think i am weird and strange, i think i am unique !!!

wp123

Hello everyone, my name is Will and I have had social phobia for the majority of my life, I'm 24 years old and have been affected by this issue for the past 12 years.
I would like nothing more than to eliminate this problem. It really does hold you back from having a decent life, that's why I'm surprised that no one has any answers on how to overcome it. Like many other people on this site, panic attacks, depression and low self esteem are no stranger to me, I've had lots of ups and downs in my life but always seem to fall into the same rut as before.
But hopefully after joining this site I will learn some new insights and meet some nice people along the way.

Zetz

Hey everyone, its nice to have a forum like this to talk about these kind of problems. Im 21 and iv got low confidence/ self esteem and I get nervous real easily and it kinda affects alot of things I do lol, but hey looking forward to gettin involved on this site. :)

LuckMode

Hey all you beautiful SA peeps!

Been feeling pretty down since it's the holidays and I haven't made any actual friends this past year, and that's when I found this forum. Looking forward to get to know people like me going through fun things like depression and low self-confidence.

Srijita52

Hey all you beautiful SA peeps!

Been feeling pretty down since it's the holidays and I haven't made any actual friends this past year, and that's when I found this forum. Looking forward to get to know people like me going through fun things like depression and low self-confidence.

Hey LuckMode welcome to the forum. :)

Gadfly

"Looking forward to get to know people like me going through fun things like depression and low self-confidence. "

...don't forget incarceration! I like your profile, Luck! Any advice on housing my animals long term while I serve time?

LuckMode

"Looking forward to get to know people like me going through fun things like depression and low self-confidence. "

...don't forget incarceration! I like your profile, Luck! Any advice on housing my animals long term while I serve time?

Aha, sounds like you've led an interesting life xD. For pet care, checking your phone book first for any kennels/pet hotels in your area is a good start; if you're in a rural area like me and none are close by, try Googling "pet care [your city/state]"; Local.com is really good for this. Good luck finding a nice place for your pets (what are they btw? :3)

Gadfly

Not that interesting, just a marijuana grow first offense, but a bad state to do it in. It's hard to have that interesting a life when you almost never leave the house. I'm in the most rural and poorest county in Tennessee. I've got 6 indoor cats, another stray and 2 other stray dogs I tend to. I'm mainly concerned with the 6 indoor. Thanks for the advice! Off to the nearest dominos (25 miles) for my Berfday DINNAH! :D

LuckMode

Not that interesting, just a marijuana grow first offense, but a bad state to do it in. It's hard to have that interesting a life when you almost never leave the house. I'm in the most rural and poorest county in Tennessee. I've got 6 indoor cats, another stray and 2 other stray dogs I tend to. I'm mainly concerned with the 6 indoor. Thanks for the advice! Off to the nearest dominos (25 miles) for my Berfday DINNAH! :D
Heh, same about not leaving the house. Have fun!

ukmale

Hi All

well a little introduction about myself

uk male
23yrs old
England

For me its not like I have all of a sudden I woke up with it only a few years ago

never really been diagnosed by doctor but I was signed off for depression but all the way back when I was a very young child starting school I hated it really I used to (I don't wanna fall fail of the site rules here) poo my pants as a young child 5-6 and my mother had to bring me home for a bath so for so many years I can remember something was different

fastward a little bit

high school left at 16 I had friends and I at times really liked school but most of the time I couldn't go in I once took 9months off straight and then I had a female counselor cme se me it wasn't like oh there might be something wrong with this boy (as my brother is older as is the same way used to jump out of the moving car so not to go to school) but there was non of that it was just shake my hand tell me your mums going go to prison and your going to end up in care

so in the end I did take time off school but found that if I only did it a few days a week no one cared and as I am dyslexic I was had this women young fit as spent most of my days fantasizing over her naked and sadly she wrote everything for me from the questions on the board to my answers to even copying out of the book for me and even when I missed 2days a week of school she would still take my lessons and write it all down for me on paper (later in school I didn't take a bag or books or even a pen I took money for lunch or came hone for lunch and a bottle of drink) so I just used to take the paper and put it in the bin

Fastward again 2005 16 years old

My final school exams from there it was eve college then university job or a life in the forces or crime .I always wanted to join the french foreign legion run away from life

well back to my exams as you can tell I didn't learn much and as I was taken out of the main hall to a small room with my helper and 3 others to watch for no cheating she was TOLD to write anything I said so in one test.. a question the map in front of you your on hall at this cordinates what do you see ... So of course a horny 16 yr old and bored out of my mind would say stuff like dogging in the parked car well I used 5 sheets of paper telling this women to write down what I said

and some tests like English I was left in the main hall to do this test by myself lol well I got one point for putting my name down so that helped me as you can well guess it wasn't great

well fastwarrd to 2005-2013

I still live at home with my family
Never had a job
Never been to the shop and used a check out
I prefer my own self even when I was in school kids would be going out after school I was to tried I would go straight to sleep
I go and do the odd shop with my mum I put the stuff on the check out but don't buy I only use online shopping if I go into a shop and something I like and I want il rather go home buy online even if that means it costs more just so I don't have to use a checkout
I hate crossing the street I don't know why think I look like a dick
sometimes I go for a walk there's this 2mile track I walk music playing head down and keep walking

I hate opening up mail (post through the door) even if its junk I still keep it for months
I have a house phone that has been setup for two rings then it goes to answer machine I was eating my lunch happy nothing wrong when a message came through I couldn't hear all of it because of the tv but I thought someone wanted to cone to my house and see ME in fact it was to see someone else in my family and just like there I started to shake and worry and couldn't eat the rest of my lunch

I get days where I am happy to go downstairs what a dvd order pizza (don't pay at the door though) and have no problems talking to people online or on xbox or whatever then I get days where I just lay in bed can't read any messages or do anything

I get days where I can read a book or watch a few films in one day but some days I can't even watch one min of a movie can't read one line of a book

It's weird as online we can chat more easy as its not face to face I can chat online dating site conversation going great then its a like a hit in the face I can't open that message up deep down I know its nothing its going well just talking about whatever but all of a sudden I can't open it for days on end

some days I can't open the door and take the post from the postman/mailman not really with a smile not really talking or nothing then other days I just sit still won't move

Well friends I do have friends that come over don't see them to much like I did in the past but I don't know why but il rather not see anyone il rather be only I'm more happy by myself learning stuff online but I do get lonely sometimes so online chatting is good

its weird how some days I can get up early clean room shower help mun with shopping get dressed go downstairs and some days I can't even get out of bed

I don't really know how I will be thinking when I am say 30 but I have been living in my own small box for so long I don't hate it its me I'm happy to sit and watch YouTube documentries and learning about stuff then going to a party looking like a right idiot and being awkward not really saying anything when people are talking to me

don't get me wrong we all dream/wish/long for someone to share life with cuddling up on the sofa or whatever .. but its hard when things like standing around a beach out in public looking like a idiot doesn't float my boat up the river

I don't really won't the trouble hustle or the notching that comes along with other people in life where ever you go there's always something I'm more of keeping myself to myself and keeping myself quiet

well thank you for reading my story bit long I know so thank you again

Much love
See you all on the dark side
Ukmale

Marnology

Quick introduction. I'm a 25 yo male. I have suffered from social anxiety my entire life, but I have never been on any forums for it. I typed a question into google and it took me to a thread on here that no one seems to frequent. So, I'm just checking the place out.

nmb

Hey Everyone, Found this site by accident, and now have joined am so glad to meet everyone that thinks like me. I sometimes don't know how to vocalize, live on my facebook page as my social outlet and only leave the house for food. I live alone with my dogs. Am hoping someone will chat to me, as my opinion is that the reason is a not very loving childhood, and whilst everyone says "get over it" I don't think I have. Have had falling outs with so many friends over the years, because i felt I had done things for them, and the time I ask a favour, they were not there for me .hmmm :) any thoughts?