Would you ever forgive your bully or bullies?

I've had the s^&** kicked out of me, I've been called degrading names, I've had hurtful rumors spread about mt. I HAVE BEEN HURT!

asherz892

I am the type of person that could never hold a grudge against anybody no matter how bad they hurt me. I will say sorry even if I am not the one at fault. It always differs for me when I get the heart to forgive different people though depending on what they did to me. It could be from a few months to many years...

irish_bob

I am the type of person that could never hold a grudge against anybody no matter how bad they hurt me. I will say sorry even if I am not the one at fault. It always differs for me when I get the heart to forgive different people though depending on what they did to me. It could be from a few months to many years...

if your two anxious to take blame , malevolent people will take advantage of you

chibiXphantom

yeah. i have forgiven everyone who has bullied me. i even went to prom my senior year with a guy who (in previous years) told me i was a freak, loser, that everyone hated me, that i was gonna die alone, and i should kill myself. a year later he asks me to prom. i dont get it, but i wasnt gonna hold a grudge. people change. enemies can become friends, and friends can become enemies. but people can always change

AsTimeBurns

Heeeeeelll no. I pick up new grudges at the drop of a hat, even if someone looks at me the wrong way I can dislike them for the rest of my life. So no, I certainly wouldn't forgive those wankers.

persianfan247

I would try not to hold a grudge and treat them like anyone else except I would not be friends with them or go out of my way for them unless they changed and were sorry for bullying me.

I was only picked on and called names and whatnot in school. I wasn't physically assaulted like some of you have been. I think that makes a difference. As for my bullies, I have been trying to forgive them for my own piece of mind. To this day, I still think back to one particular ******* who teased me incessantly in first grade and wonder why he picked me. Every single instance has been recorded in my brain and I wonder why about all of them. They are all haunting me and holding me back from getting better. So I'm trying to mentally forgive them. I'm finding it hard to differentiate between forgiving and forgetting. I would rather forget than forgive, but I don't think I'll ever forget. Anyone understand what I'm saying?

MikeyC

I was only picked on and called names and whatnot in school. I wasn't physically assaulted like some of you have been. I think that makes a difference. As for my bullies, I have been trying to forgive them for my own piece of mind. To this day, I still think back to one particular ******* who teased me incessantly in first grade and wonder why he picked me. Every single instance has been recorded in my brain and I wonder why about all of them. They are all haunting me and holding me back from getting better. So I'm trying to mentally forgive them. I'm finding it hard to differentiate between forgiving and forgetting. I would rather forget than forgive, but I don't think I'll ever forget. Anyone understand what I'm saying?
I understand fully and I'm sorry he picked on you. ::(: Like you, I was never physically assaulted, but words can hurt, too, as you are experiencing.

Srijita52

I know what you mean. I was never physically assaulted
too. I was teased and called names throughout eighth and ninth grade. I've forgiven them and try not remember those days, even the good times. I'm sorry he did that to you.

Meggy0001

I would forgive my bullies but I would never forget. I would forgive them because they made me the person I am taoday and even though I may not be the happiest I feel strong, I have faced and still am facing a lot of challenges but I feel they made me a stronger person. I can now withstand many problems and not break down like most people that never had to face any problems throughout there lives :) I met some amazing people becuase of the bullies so in a way I am a little greateful lol but I do wonder what it would of been like, then again life is about looking forward and not backwards

MikeyC

I would forgive my bullies but I would never forget. I would forgive them because they made me the person I am taoday and even though I may not be the happiest I feel strong, I have faced and still am facing a lot of challenges but I feel they made me a stronger person. I can now withstand many problems and not break down like most people that never had to face any problems throughout there lives :) I met some amazing people becuase of the bullies so in a way I am a little greateful lol but I do wonder what it would of been like, then again life is about looking forward and not backwards
Very good. :) Sounds like you've turned into a very confident person.

pop-princess

I was the hate object of some girls in my class when I was in 5th grade for some time . Before me there was one other girl that was the "hate object" and sadly I was kinda part of bullying her too weak as I was. They spread rumors about me and even hacked my password on some social network site (before facebook) and changed it. Most horrible time in my life. I forgave them very easily because I absolutely hate being a victim but I still get angry and sad when I think about how they treated me. There is particularly one girl that I shouldn't have forgiven.

Last edited:

Srijita52

I was the hate object of some girls in my class when I was in 5th grade for some time . Before me there was one other girl thas was the "hate object" and sadly I was kinda part of bullying her too weak as I was. They spread rumors about me and even hacked my password on some social network site (before facebook) and changed my password. Most horrible time in my life. I forgave them very easily because I absolutely hate being a victim but I still get angry and sad when I think about how they treated me. There is particularly one girl that I shouldn't have forgiven.
That sounds awful. I'm sorry you had to go through that.

WeirdyMcGee

There were far too many for me to remember any specific names or faces.
It's easier to just let it go and forgive.
They've all grown into adults by now; hopefully better adults than they were as children or teenagers.

Holding onto that hate for so many people would only hurt me - not them.
I would much rather be the bigger person and let it go.
Far better for my psyche, anyways.

I would rather fight back than forgive them. they were hurting me so much. I should have pulled that b@&$&s hair when she pushed me against the wall. I should have hit back when that d@$@ slapped me on the face when he was teasing me.

But I should be lucky because those bullies made me feel stronger. I realized that bad times will happen in life so its time to face them with courage.

Valhalla

I'd give them a piece of my mind ... through my fists or some blunt object. I would love to assist others as well in revenge. It's the only language they understand. Who can honestly say that any of these waste of humans will grow up to be functional members of society, kind and caring of others? To pick on someone else, for no reason, just to make time pass or feel better ...