Would you date yourself?

WantToHide

Sometimes when there's a problem, or things go wrong, I tend to shut people out completely, and sometimes I even just ignore the problem. I wouldn't want to date someone who did that too.

This would be my problem with dating me. I'd be fine so long as I'm getting on well with me. But as soon as I feel a bit hurt then my relationship with the male me would break down. Female me would get hurt by something and push male me away, then male me would be hurt by being pushed away and push female me away, then female me would be hurt even more by being pushed away and push male me further away...and so it would go on. I'd give me 2 days before me and me never speak again!

megalon

Similar would be good, but 100% identical? I would think it would get boring in a hurry because neither person has a different viewpoint to share or an interest that they could explain to the other. They both have the exact same opinion and neither person can tell the other something they don't already know. There needs to be some differences.

Aussie_Lad

Yes, I would. I have many of the characteristics that I would be looking for in a potential partner. There may be a few issues, but what relationship doesn't have a few little troubles here and there.

Kiwong

Me, myself, I. Is all I need. No need to date not even with myself.

Last edited:
No, someone exactly like me would be boring. How do you even talk when you already agree on everything? I also like teaching people things... I couldn't teach myself anything, because I'd already know.

Lowlight

My double and I would instantly start fighting. We would square off in a ring and have to choose to attack or defend. Us being so similar we would both choose to defend. So inevitably we would just circle around one another for eternity, waiting for the other to make the first move.

Marund

good question
yes i would
it would be good because im always trying to chear other people up even though im sad, so we'd cheer each other up all the time.

thats so messed up

Lccska

I'm hesitating in responding to this. I don't have social phobia, but I DID date a man with Social Phobia. The only problem was that neither of us knew that was the what he had. It was several years ago. He drank a lot, which is what thru our relationship over the edge. (had an alcoholic Dad. Wasn't going thru that again). But.....his true self came out behind closed doors. And he was incredible! What he couldn't say in casual conversation came out loud and clear in passion. If I had only known what he was going thru. The alcohol would still be a problem, but the social phobia I could have understood and attempted to help.
My point is that it might be helpful to be more open with this disorder, illness, whatever you want to call it. I thought he was quiet because he was mad at me! I couldn't understand what I was doing that mad him mad all the time. He would never talk to me. If he had said he had Social Phobia, I would have looked it up, and understood much more than I did when we split. He would have been very much worth the effort.
I saw him years later and the alcohol had ravaged his body. It broke my heart.

sprode

Hell no, are you crazy?

Oh wait, you mean a girl doppleganger... let me look into my magic 8-ball... not likely.

Oh^

In that case, a girl with my personality (superficial one) - NO. I ain't got one thanks to social phobia :p

On the other hand, if she was as hot as I am :)D), I WOULD in a second....

No, I wouldn't date myself. The conversations would be SOOOO boring! :U

''Did you know... ?'' ''Yes! Yes, I do know! I know EVERYTHING you know! Now eat your damn spaghetti.'' '' 'kay. :c''

I was trying a lot more then I was. What a jerk. >:C