Would you date yourself?

jazy

For those of us who are shy, or suffer from SA. If there was another person out there who was exactly 100% just like you. Whether it be it looks, interests, etc.
Would you go out with them, or would you date someone who is different from you? where you would experience new and different things with that person?

Mickery

No. But imaging meeting yourself is an excellent technique to use, as long as you can take something positive away from it.

N0D

Banned
no cause i'm a guy and i like ladies. :D seriously though i doubt it. maybe cause of the shared interests would be good but the amount of things about myself that i absolutely hate is kind of long so i'd probably just hate that person, more then pretty much anyone else in the world. ::(:

Section_31

I kinda had that happen, except she doesnt look like me.

Other then that were SO alike in hobbies, thought processes, everything, its kinda scary. except for our varying degrees of SA and triggers.

jazy

no cause i'm a guy and i like ladies. seriously though i doubt it. maybe cause of the shared interests would be good but the amount of things about myself that i absolutely hate is kind of long so i'd probably just hate that person, more then pretty much anyone else in the world.

I actually didn't mean that they would be the same sex as you. I meant that if your a guy there would be a girl version of you, and if your a girl there would be a guy version of you. :)

coyote

absolutely

i wouldn't be able to keep my hands off of me

come to think of it, that's already the case

Mickery

I would come across as aloof, whiney, insecure, timid... you name it. Some things that SA is, some things that it isn't but appears that way to other people.

But that's okay, because it gives me something specific to work on, helps me understand why I'm not getting the things I want, helps me see why others don't react to me as well as I'd like.

jazy

I would date myself. I know some people may view that as selfish, But I always felt that what I'm interested in may not be what they may be interested in, and I come off as this boring person to them. Where if I found someone who is just like me then at least I could have a conversion with them about something we both like.

eh my thoughts are this, I know they say opposites attract but I really can't see what fun it would be dating someone who was the opposite of me . o 0 (that's me imagining the scenario) . o 0

'The opposite me' : Let's go on a really long roadtrip in this really tiny car so you can spent lots of time getting to know my whole extended family and all the people I went to school with. NO we won't be stopping for toilet breaks we are on a very tight schedule and we ARE following this map NO I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT ANY SHORTCUTS and no we won't be singing any songs in the car especially not the 'found a peanut' song and NO YOU CAN NOT MOON THE OTHER CARS! Right put this tape on, we're listening to a bit of diddildy diddildy folk music. LOOK, YOUR GETTING CRUMBS EVERYWHERE! NO I DON'T WANT HEAR TOILET HUMOUR JOKES, right that's it, if I have to stop this car you're not getting any cake at my great aunt noras.

That would be no fun, I think it's probably better to date ppl who are similar to me

WeirdyMcGee

This is a funny question...
Would I date someone just like me? no.
Why?
Because I hate myself... and I doubt that either of us would be able to get over our individual self-hating enough to actually enjoy spending time together.

In my experience, it's better to date someone who balances you out a little.
I can deal with baggage, I can deal with self-esteem issues and even suicidal thoughts/tendencies--
but I don't want to have to be constantly reminded of all of my own faults because they are the same as his/hers.
I'd rather be with someone who forces me to come out once in awhile- otherwise, I would stay locked in my room forever.
I'd like to be able to experience some adventure and excitement and I can do that as long as someone I trust is nearby to watch my back.
I'll do it then.
I can't trust someone if I can't trust myself-- and they are a mirror image of me.
if that makes any sense.

As for if I'm girlfriend material or not...
not right now.

Vampayah88

Hmm..it wouldnt be so bad dating my male version, hed have the same morals as me, same interests, likes, dislikes. We wouldnt go out much I guess, just stay locked up in the house and have sex I guess? lol:D

Phoenixx

If they were 100% like me.. Hm... I'm not sure actually. It's not that I hate myself, but there's parts of me that I really don't like. For example, sometimes when there's a problem, or things go wrong, I tend to shut people out completely, and sometimes I even just ignore the problem. I wouldn't want to date someone who did that too.

I wouldn't mind some similarities like same taste in music, books, etc., that'd be great. But I would want some differences too.