Would you date yourself?

MrJones

Is that true of everybody? I don't think it would be a problem, because I'd know the other person was nervous and I wouldn't have something unrealistic to live up to or feel dominated. Like, I wouldn't have to feel embarassed about not going out much because they aren't going to think less of me. I'd still be in my comfort zone.
I guess I'd need someone more talkative. If not, I would not get to know myself good enough.

Anyway I'm too boring and uninteresting :p

WeirdyMcGee

ohh!
Then I could do the; "stop hitting yourself, stop hitting yourself" thing, right?
Awesome.
That is my ultimate goal in life, then... to date myself.

But seriously-- I don't think I would date someone else who was agoraphobic- it doesn't seem like it would work... does it?
They would want to be in their room all the time... I'd be in my room all the time... what would a 'date' be if we never saw eachother?
That's just silliness!

That would be incredibly boring, I like getting to know people, finding out cute little things, people that I can't predict

I would know everything about this male me, ugh I wouldn't be able to stand it.

Not that he wouldn't be awesome...

mmmm, the female me would love for you to fix a date with your male self... picks me up at 8? ::p:

MrJones

But seriously-- I don't think I would date someone else who was agoraphobic- it doesn't seem like it would work... does it?
They would want to be in their room all the time... I'd be in my room all the time... what would a 'date' be if we never saw eachother?
That's just silliness!
Being alone in your room all day can be bad. But when you and your partner want to be alone in your room all day can be... let's say better :rolleyes:

And maybe someone who doesn't want to be outside all day long could fit better in your life than an outgoing guy.

WeirdyMcGee

Being alone in your room all day can be bad. But when you and your partner want to be alone in your room all day can be... let's say better :rolleyes:

And maybe someone who doesn't want to be outside all day long could fit better in your life than an outgoing guy.

Agoraphobia can be cured though. It's not just a personality defect-- staying indoors forever will never help me.
If I were with someone who wanted to go out, I could go out.
It would be hard; but I did it before and it helped me alot.

It was when he left that I found it impossible to face the world again because I didn't have him to encourage me and hold my hand- like a child.

AsTimeBurns

Hell no. It's of no surprise to me that no girls are interested in me, i'm not exactly a catch. I wouldn't date me.

Reset

yes i would . i want a woman who likes the same things i like to do and enjoy but also understands S.A. and can suport me when it attacks and vice versa only people with S.A. can truly understand what happens to us. ;)

upndwn

My first instinct was to say no, but after a bit of thought I realized that I have many of the qualities I would want in a partner. Strip away the physical part and my mental issues I think I would be a perfect date for myself.

Christ, thats a good question!
Seems purpose built to draw out all my own criticisms I have of myself...
I dont THINK I would be "date-able" by anyone, not even myself right now.