What is the size of the town you live in?

this_portrait

Well, in Chicago there's about 2 million people. Yeah, I know, why the hell do I even live here, right?

But where I'm originally from, the population was about 155,000. This isn't counting the "suburbs" and towns surrounding this mid-sized city.

MikeyC

- I wish I could say the same.
I have to disagree on the basis that where I live is convenient. While it would be nice to live a little more isolated and in the bushes, it's ultimately not convenient and I like being able to go to places without travelling too long. I'm not a city slicker, but I do like the suburbs.

I'm a filthy Westerner, yeah. :bigsmile: I just like my conveniences.

Nanita

I have to disagree on the basis that where I live is convenient. While it would be nice to live a little more isolated and in the bushes, it's ultimately not convenient and I like being able to go to places without travelling too long. I'm not a city slicker, but I do like the suburbs.

I'm a filthy Westerner, yeah. :bigsmile: I just like my conveniences.

Sure, we all have different preferences! There are some nice aspects of living in a city. But I found out that I prefer nature and a lot of space.

akala

large city of about 500,000 but it's not as bad in the suburbs where I live, Downtown is crowded.

Subpop

77,000 and increasing. By 2036, the population is forecast, based upon current growth, to have increased to >150,000.
It is kind of an unusual place in that for a 'city' of it's size there is a huge range of socio-economics on display within a relatively small population, from the very poor to the very wealthy. It has become a relatively expensive place to live (as has the rest of Western Australia) on a global scale and yet it offers nothing special at all in terms of lifestyle nor natural environment except for relatively clean air.

Last edited:

MikeyC

It has become a relatively expensive place to live (as has the rest of Western Australia) on a global scale and yet it offers nothing special at all in terms of lifestyle nor natural environment except for relatively clean air.
My brother was telling me this yesterday, how rent and buying houses in Western Australia is stupidly expensive these days (supply not meeting demand; mining boom). It's unfortunate because Perth is really lovely, from the one time I was there. Western Australia does have a lot of natural wonders, too.

well its a quite difficult question for me I even don't know my home size and my room size where I am living.
So how can I explain about my town size. Here some people have awareness about the home and town and have mention there town size and also about the people capacity. Its very nice think.