What do you think would make the world a less cruel place?

Lea

Banned
I forgot something - if people stopped rearing animals for food! That would not only save enormous amount of unnecessary suffering and cruel deaths to innocent creatures, but also we´d get a lot more ground available which was formerly used for feeding animals. This ground could be turned into fruit orchards or vegetable production, etc. - this way prices of all vegetarian food would be a lot lower.

Another thing, if alcohol was abolished, the same would be a result, because enormous amounts of agrarian produce go to alcohol which to me seems like unashamed waste.

FallenFeathers

I forgot something - if people stopped rearing animals for food! That would not only save enormous amount of unnecessary suffering and cruel deaths to innocent creatures, but also we´d get a lot more ground available which was formerly used for feeding animals. This ground could be turned into fruit orchards or vegetable production, etc. - this way prices of all vegetarian food would be a lot lower.

Yeah rearing animals to be butchered doesn't sit well with me, it's a controversial topic on if humans are naturally meat eaters.. some of our closest relatives in the ape community have been observed to eat meat, yet our teeth and stuff really indicate we are more herbivores (multiple molars for grinding).

Your idea would be really feasible if we still had enough wildlife populations and the habitats to support hem, to go out and hunt. I wonder how many people would still eat meat if they had to go out, kill, gut and skin something. Just to clarify i'm a meat eater so this isn't a dig at anyone.

What's really worrying though is they are genetically engineering cows and bulls now, basically making huge mutant versions so they can harvest meat (go you tube it... I'm not making it up) If gmo foods have started to have issues raised like some having links to cancer, what could this meat do to us down the line.

laure15

Less judging and more tolerance and understanding. People should stop forcing other people to conform to the norms.

AGR

If people didnt reward bad people and actions,you dont need to be agressive,just dont associate with them or reward them,but this is a long long way from happening..........

WishingICould

I agree. :thumbup:

KiaKaha

Banned
People being realistic.
Less excuses.
Addressing natural inequities.

Living in the real world seems to make people feel uncomfortable - as long as we have the capacity to reason out anything to subdue our anything we dont like, everything will be fine.

ImNotMyIllness

More hoooters

barn_owl_ap_3_470x357.jpg

Thyre so cute....and perky.

I agree! :applause: lol

FriendlyShadow

1. Less nasty, abusive, and rude people

2. No violence

3. If people would accept others for their own opinions and not force their own upon them

4. If people were actually more supportive/caring of others (not a whole lot are sadly)

5. If working didn't force us to go through hard labor and depriving us from our own free time.

6. If people treated animals better and respectfully.

FriendlyShadow

If people didnt reward bad people and actions,you dont need to be agressive,just dont associate with them or reward them,but this is a long long way from happening..........

I completely agree with this statement. There's a lot of people who will defend, or should I say give so much credit to these people's bad behaviors like they don't know any better. Whether it's from bad intentions or not, these people choose not to know that they're doing something wrong.

FriendlyShadow

Less judging and more tolerance and understanding. People should stop forcing other people to conform to the norms.

I also agree with this as well. The thing is, is that I don't remember one time where I told anyone "Oh you're weird for liking this." "I can't believe you like to play video games, they're stupid." I usually live and let live. Though most people I've been around with feel inclined to just push and push their opinions/statements on me, even if their opinions aren't always "right". I can't actually believe that having an opinion means you have to prove to someone why your opinion matters more than theirs. They have to go out of their way to explain to you why they "think" their opinion is right as opposed to yours. Just because I'm not into the same things as this other person, doesn't mean that I have to prove myself to do everything I can to change their mind so that they'll agree with me. Sure everyone has an opinion, but that doesn't mean there'll be times I'll always agree with them about something. I should feel free to speak out my own opinions as well, not being made to feel guilty for having them. Everyone should be allowed to speak out their opinions and learn to accept other people's opinions as well.

Last edited:

Megaten

More charity I suppose. We're all competing for a piece of that pie. And some want so big of a piece that it leaves others with a tiny one or no slice at all.

defiance

More charity I suppose. We're all competing for a piece of that pie. And some want so big of a piece that it leaves others with a tiny one or no slice at all.

Agreed. It's more competition than anything. Survival of the fittest instincts or what have you. Not to say there aren't people who don't care, of course, but we definitely need more of them who are willing to help. This is one of the reasons why I respect people like Bill Gates so much as his charity has given tons of help to third world countries.

theoutsider

I think if we just 1.) stop making heroes out of people who say what we're all thinking and 2.) stop treating people who use sarcasm as a weapon as geniuses that would go a long way.

People who say what we're all thinking are just people who lack tact and compassion for other humans. They're not brave, they just hide behind a shield of rudeness to deflect attention from their own short comings. Any nitwit can blurt out the obvious, not caring who it hurts but that's not what civilized people do.

Sarcastic people also hide behind the shield of cruelness to boost their own worth. They want to make others look stupid because they think it makes them look smart. They fool a lot of people but when you look closer you will see they aren't that bright.

By promoting these unenviable traits we teach the younger generation to aspire to be like these vexing people. Not a good thing to want to be.

Last edited: