What do you live for?

Raichel

How are you able to keep going on after having been through a lot of ****? What motivates you to keep on fighting?
Why don't you give up?

What do you live for?

Raichel

There's nothing that is even in the slightest interesting to me. I don't have any deep or meaningful relationships with people. My peers are trying to decide what career path they will be following after high school, they're excited for college life, excited for their new future. They have dreams and wishes, hobbies and passion.

I have nothing. No desire for anything. I don't think I'd miss out on a lot of fun if I were to end my life today.

Valhalla

I am exactly the same. There are constantly thoughts about it. I don't have any "dreams" or anything. I don't say "live your life", I'm just being.

laure15

My imagination (I look forward to writing my stories), and the slight hope that I can pursue a career in IT.

Section_31

I feel more or less the same. I dont really have any aspirations short of being left alone and getting t hrouh the day.

I suppose its because i do have some good in my life, and a healthy fear of dying lol.

Fear of pain is keeping me alive atm. If an attempt goes wrong it can be very painful.

If Nembutal was freely available in my country I would have not have made it past 19rs of age.

Knowledge I guess. There are things and places I want to know and experience, and the list is growing, hopefully to never be clear.

That doesn't guarantee me happiness, but as sad as I can get those things never loose their meaning and keeping me alive.

I live for the thought that one day I'm going to make a cruddy sketch comedy show with a bunch of friends I'll eventually meet that no one is going to watch. After that, my life will be complete. Oh, also, watching Necroscope86 do an LP of RE4.

HiddenErin

Mine probably the most common reason. I live for my family, people who love me unconditionally and want me to win the fight.

MNM322

Because I could never ever ever do that intentionally to my dogs. They are my reason for everything and have saved me from suicide attempts many years ago.

Flanscho

Several reasons.
a) I'm an atheist. When I die, there is nothing left, forever. As long as I live, there is at least ope.
b) For my family and friends.
c) Because some part of mine is optimistic.

aNOTfox

My family, best friend and possible amazing, sucessful, care-free future I could have! May or may not happen but its worth staying alive to find out xD

hardy

Someone told me whatever happens , happens for the good. I have this feeling that all the anxiety etc has come for a reason. It had to come to teach me(us) some good lessons in life. I don't feel positive always...but things are more clear than before.

Anxiety definitely taught me i have to be kind to myself and others. Which i think is the greatest thing one can learn from life. Living in the present,not wasting time on past and future...handling the difficulties of life with a smiling face. The man with no legs, no hands...he has nothing to live for....but is always smiling. We can learn from such people... live happily with deficiencies.

All we see is the anxiety and the other negative things in us when there is so much good in all of us. Bear with it...good days will come for good people.

p.s: most of us are polite to others...but hate ourselves. Buddha said "You can search throughout the entire universe for someone who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself, and that person is not to be found anywhere. You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve your love and affection

Read more at Buddha Quotes - BrainyQuote

One might ask whats the fun in being anxious/afraid all the time? I think it's an opportunity to observe how my mind works.

Last edited:

luiface

Mmmm, well aren't we all here trying to get some help? Well I can't stop thinking that one day if i keep trying I'll be able to make friends and overcome SA. Even though me trying to get there has gotten me into pretty awkward situations.. like today lol, but each time its a little easier.