What do you live for?

Bustn Justin

I have no idea what I live for. I have no interests or ambitions in life. I have low self worth that blocks me to do anything.

After the holidays I want to see a therapist and message if needed.

hidwell

If Nembutal was freely available I firmly believe there would be an epidemic of suicides. I certainly would take it.

hexagon_sun

...the hope that I will one day be cured and freed from the prison of my head; and to see a day when the monsters who are trying to destroy the human race get what they deserve!

21NZ

I live in hope, that one day ill find someone to love and share my life with :D doesn't help i have high standards and know what i want...

polishgirl

It's hard to mention one thing. For the beauty of the World, for all the amazing opportunities that I know are awaiting somewhere and the people I haven't met yet. For hope of a better tomorrow :)

FallenFeathers

I'm not sure, but something keeps me going even when I am at my lowest :) I think a part of it is because I would not want to hurt those few people who genuinely care about me. It took a long time, a lot of work and forgiveness, but me and my Mum are very close now, so not only would i not want to bring her more pain.. but I also hope one day she can see me happy and content.

I use to hope one day I would stumble across a way to cure myself or magically get better. I think that is fairy tale like thinking now Ive got older, but I do believe I can at least get my anxiety/depression under control, learn to be happy and content with the things I do have and stop focusing on the things I don't have.

I have seen people turn their lives around very late on in life, I have seen people who were filled with spite and rage suddenly become at peace and content. Seeing the most unexpected people change like that has given me inspiration, more so because it was an internal change the person brought upon themselves.

Nanita

I don´t live for much, but I have this belief that there is a purpose and reason that I was born. Maybe not a big one, but I believe that I´m supposed to stay alive, even if it´s boring and empty. I wish I had more "things to live for", or a deeper interest and connection with things. I will probably get a cat....

FallenFeathers

How late in life...?

My point kinda was it's never too late, but as for specifics I have seen my Dad for example who is 60 go through a complete transformation in regards to how he views life and being happy.

It really is inspiring for me, as he was the most bitter unhappy person I had ever met and I gave up of ever having a Dad who wasn't toxic or abusive to be around.

His problems have not gone away, in fact they have just been added too and his marriage and family fell apart because of his actions. I don't know how he did it, but he changed his outlook on life and it shows.

chibiXphantom

i really dont know. i cant really think of much worth living for. i think my list of reasons i want to die is much longer than reasons i want to live

mikebird

Banned
Yeah

I'm deeply determined to keep going

every day's different

Early medical issues in childhood installed a passion for mental stamina to overcome physical body failures, beginning with atheism to consider the body is all you have. Ripping canulas out of my veins is my tendency rather than putting up with whatever bad happens.

Life has thrown some cruel stuff at me

I don't always give up on things. But on the inverse, a lot of people give up on me, eg. my father who who doesn't last long in communication. A hate for your own offspring is something I've not experienced. I seem to have a one-way road situation that anything I do or say is dismissed, ignored or flouted.

Same story for other people

Casually hoping to find someone who'll take me seriously.

I feel that all good things in life come very soon. The longer you have to wait for something good, the less the chance of encountering it

FallenFeathers

Ripping canulas out of my veins is my tendency rather than putting up with whatever bad happens.

Is that some kind of metaphor that I didn't get? Or are you being quite literal in regards to the health issues you went through, though feel free not to answer if it's personal.

I understand very much what it's like to have a Farther give up on you. I won't go into any great detail as no one really wants to know my life story and its not needed, but suffice to say growing up his actions did a great deal of damage to my self esteem. I was very angry with him for a long long time.

But at some point I realized he was damaged in his own way, I forgave him for the stuff he had done despite him not being sorry and us not even being on talking grounds at the time. For so long I had let his opinion haunt me even though he was no longer in my life, it was very liberating and healthy to stop letting it have such control over me :) No matter how justified some feelings may be, some are just too toxic to carry around as a burden forever.

Gadfly

Cool about your Dad, FF. I hope I can pull off a late life turnaround. 46 years of avoidance is a crushing resume to push forward with though...but I never failed anyone but myself, so I don't have guilt weighing me down at least.

FallenFeathers

Cool about your Dad, FF. I hope I can pull off a late life turnaround. 46 years of avoidance is a crushing resume to push forward with though...but I never failed anyone but myself, so I don't have guilt weighing me down at least.

Thanks Gadfly :) I wish you the best if you do decide to try and go for the late life turnaround. I don't know your situation very well obviously and yeah 46 years is a long time, but I think in general it's better to try with these things and maybe fail? than to not try and always have that doubt or regret later on when we have left it too late.

Then again that's maybe easy for me to say with hindsight and the fact it turned out well for me, I might very well of been singing a different tune if it had happened differently. Still again all the best in whatever you decide to do.