What book are you currently reading?

LoyalXenite

The final book in the Firekeeper series, its a series that i read over and over regularly.

Attachments

• 9780765353740.jpg
    9780765353740.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 0

this_portrait

11573.jpg

Flanscho

I finished reading Huraki Murakamis 1Q84 recently, and it was a great read. Next I borrowed Mists of Avalon from a friend. Sadly, she just got it recently as a used version for 1€. Well, the sad part is, that the book was earlier obviously owned by a heavy smoker. So reading the book while lying in the bed is out of question. :(

Not sure what to read next. I'll probably check whether Jesper Fforde has written some new stuff in the meantime.

Phoenixx

divergent-book-cover-image-396x600.jpeg

Not totally sure what to think of this yet. I'm a little more than halfway through it so far. I really like the characters, and the storyline definitely has potential, but Roth fails to explain a few things. I feel the writing style is a little too simple. Instead of gradually getting a feel for the story and plot, I feel like she's just trying to plunge the reader into this world and playing it out from there. It's not bad at all, but I still feel lost on quite a few things. Maybe these loose strings will be all tied up by the end of the book or they'll still be hanging until I get to the next book.

Niteowl

3592831746_6e2b043cfb.jpg

Ian Fleming's "For Your Eyes Only".

"Goldfinger" was insane! I'm a slow reader and I probably get through about four or five chapters per week, but I read the last few in two days because it was hard to put the book down. It's definitely the best in the series for me, and Auric Goldfinger was by far the greatest villain. There's a great moment at the end where the book begins to wind down towards an unfinished close, and then it all kicks off again in spectacular fashion. Read it. :p

"For Your Eyes Only" is a change in pace for the series, as it's a collection of five short stories -

"From a View to a Kill"
"For Your Eyes Only"
"Quantum of Solace"
"Risico"
"The Hildebrand Rarity"

picture.php

MAKE 'EM TALK! Principals of military interrogation. Do I need to read it? Probably not. Am I going to read it? Definitely!

3592831746_6e2b043cfb.jpg

Ian Fleming's "For Your Eyes Only".

"Goldfinger" was insane! I'm a slow reader and I probably get through about four or five chapters per week, but I read the last few in two days because it was hard to put the book down. It's definitely the best in the series for me, and Auric Goldfinger was by far the greatest villain. There's a great moment at the end where the book begins to wind down towards an unfinished close, and then it all kicks off again in spectacular fashion. Read it. :p

"For Your Eyes Only" is a change in pace for the series, as it's a collection of five short stories -

"From a View to a Kill"
"For Your Eyes Only"
"Quantum of Solace"
"Risico"
"The Hildebrand Rarity"

Cool. I'm a James Bond fan myself.

Flanscho

The last book I read was 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami. It was pretty good.
Right now I'm reading The Passage. Which is "meh". After that I'll read Solaris.