What book are you currently reading?

Phoenixx

I'm about half way through. I like it so far. I've kind of lost my reading muse. :crying:
^ Ah, really? Well I'm glad you don't hate it as much as I do. :giggle:

Although I have to say I think part of my hatred comes from the fact that I had to read it for school and the English teacher I had that made us read it was terrible. Every time we discussed a book, she always broke it down like she was spoon-feeding it to us. Ugh, I hated over ****yzing books.

She also made us read The Crucible, which I also hated. (Just not as much as Ethan Frome)

Edit: Uh, why is part of ****yzing censored....? :confused: Wait, did it seriously censor out ****? Ha! That's so ridiculous.

Phoenixx

How have I never seen this thread?! I love reading... I am currently at about 70% of the book, And the Mountains Echoed. Written by Khaled Hosseini.

I've read from this author before, and loved it.... so far this book is very good. Its the story a father shares with his son. About another father and his journey to provide for his family.nits beautifully written.

This author's prior works include The Kite Runner, and A Thousand Splendid Suns.
^ Ohh, I've been wanting to read this book by him! How is it? I own The Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns. They're two of the best books I've ever read in my life. :applause:

^ Ah, really? Well I'm glad you don't hate it as much as I do. :giggle:

Although I have to say I think part of my hatred comes from the fact that I had to read it for school and the English teacher I had that made us read it was terrible. Every time we discussed a book, she always broke it down like she was spoon-feeding it to us. Ugh, I hated over ****yzing books.

She also made us read The Crucible, which I also hated. (Just not as much as Ethan Frome)

Edit: Uh, why is part of ****yzing censored....? :confused: Wait, did it seriously censor out ****? Ha! That's so ridiculous.

Yes, the forum now censors out that word. :bigsmile:

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
^ Yeah I'm excited too! Catching Fire was my favorite and I am so pumped for the movie this fall!

I see you finally made it to Mockingjay. Be prepared to have lots of overwhelming feelings. And maybe cry a little.

After watching the trailer for the movie, I'm a little nervous about it living up to my ungodly expectations. I like that they didn't add anything about the second half of the movie in it though, as to not ruin the surprise for anyone who doesn't know what happens. (I sort of expected it, the book was amazing despite how many things I sort of knew were going to happen beforehand)

I have a hundred pages left in mockingjay I hope to finish tomorrow, but ahhhh :crying: between the unwanted spoiler I read online and the warning you gave me, I thought I wouldn't be hit as hard reading it, knowing it was all coming but it hit just as hard. And I know the worst is still coming!

Phoenixx

Yes, the forum now censors out that word. :bigsmile:
^ Haha, that's just... I don't even know. I find it funny though. :giggle:

After watching the trailer for the movie, I'm a little nervous about it living up to my ungodly expectations. I like that they didn't add anything about the second half of the movie in it though, as to not ruin the surprise for anyone who doesn't know what happens. (I sort of expected it, the book was amazing despite how many things I sort of knew were going to happen beforehand)

I have a hundred pages left in mockingjay I hope to finish tomorrow, but ahhhh :crying: between the unwanted spoiler I read online and the warning you gave me, I thought I wouldn't be hit as hard reading it, knowing it was all coming but it hit just as hard. And I know the worst is still coming!
^ Yeah, I can be really picky with movies based on books too, but I still think it's going to be pretty great.

Yeah that last bit is rough. I think you'll be needing these.

kleenex-facial-tissue-junior-21195.jpg

^ Haha, that's just... I don't even know. I find it funny though.

^ Yeah, I can be really picky with movies based on books too, but I still think it's going to be pretty great.

Yeah that last bit is rough. I think you'll be needing these.

kleenex-facial-tissue-junior-21195.jpg

If you react anything like I did, might I suggest

Kleenex%20tissue%20big%20box.jpg

'cause

tumblr_inline_mglfnnYwKx1qlzgy4.gif

I was already emotional over other things in my life when reading the ending, but my god, I flipped the frak out. I've never gotten that emotional over a book before. :blushing:

Phoenixx

If you react anything like I did, might I suggest

Kleenex%20tissue%20big%20box.jpg

'cause

tumblr_inline_mglfnnYwKx1qlzgy4.gif

I was already emotional over other things in my life when reading the ending, but my god, I flipped the frak out. I've never gotten that emotional over a book before. :blushing:
^ Worse than The Deathly Hallows? I remember nearly bawling with that one. I felt numb for days too. :sad:

If it counts, I nearly chucked my laptop out the window when I got to the part about Finnick. I'll admit I was not a fan of him when he first made his appearance in Catching Fire. He kinda disgusted me, but then all those feelings changed at the end of Catching Fire and all through Mockingjay.

^ Worse than The Deathly Hallows? I remember nearly bawling with that one. I felt numb for days too. :sad:

Yes, worse than DH. I didn't even cry at the end of that. I just felt a massive void in my life. I also think HP ended relatively happily. THG didn't end how I expected it to, especially for a YA series.

Phoenixx

Yes, worse than DH. I didn't even cry at the end of that. I just felt a massive void in my life. I also think HP ended relatively happily. THG didn't end how I expected it to, especially for a YA series.
^ That's true. J.K. Rowling did try to make up for all the damage by throwing in a pretty good happy ending. I liked how she did it too. Short and sweet. The Hunger Games definitely didn't end how I expected it to either, but it was still fairly bittersweet.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
If it counts, I nearly chucked my laptop out the window when I got to the part about Finnick. I'll admit I was not a fan of him when he first made his appearance in Catching Fire. He kinda disgusted me, but then all those feelings changed at the end of Catching Fire and all through Mockingjay.

That part was weighing on me for days after I read it (I am now all done the book). Everything after that I took fairly well, but probably because this part hit me so hard. :crying: I'm sure the paracute scene would have hit harder had I not a spoiler ahead of time ahead of time though :kickingmyself:

Far be it from me to return a library book and leave the place without at least four more :p

I picked out...

What a Plant Knows: A Field Guide to the Senses by Daniel Chamovitz. Sounds thrilling, a book about plants! haha. I'm a plant nerd, though. I was a summer horticultural intern for two years in a row and I absolutely loved it :D

The ADD Myth: How to Cultivate the Unique Gifts of Intense Personalities by Martha Burge

The Cure For Everything: Untangling the Twisted Messages About Health, Fitness, and Happiness by Timothy Caulfield

Salt Sugar Fat: How the Food Giants Hooked Us by Michael Moss

And I'm still in the process of reading Awakenings by Oliver Sacks.

Happy reading to you all :brindis:

this_portrait

Not the same cover as the copy I have, but yeah... I actually saw the film first, and I'm a little surprised at how drastically different the book is from it.

It.jpg

Niteowl

Ian Fleming's Goldfinger.

goldfinger+pan+book+ian+fleming.jpg

'Now then, Mr. Bond.' Goldfinger's voice was brisk. 'Enough of these amiabilities. Sing, as my Chicago friends put it, and you will die quickly and painlessly. The girl also. Sing not, and your death will be one long scream. The girl...'

Phoenixx

I am absolutely loving this book. It's been a while since I've read something as humorous as this. Plus it's a whole new writing style for me, which I'm enjoying. :thumbup:

WillGrayson.jpg

I am absolutely loving this book. It's been a while since I've read something as humorous as this. Plus it's a whole new writing style for me, which I'm enjoying. :thumbup:

WillGrayson.jpg

Like, the John Green John Green? I've not seen this book anywhere before. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for it.

InsurgentHC-jkt-des4.jpg