What book are you currently reading?

Apotheosis

Also reading The Little Engine That Could and the Twilight Saga.

I actually tried reading the first Twilight - determined not to give in to mob hate - but it really is just... I'll put it this way: I once broke nearly every bone in BOTH of my legs when the ground decided to cut my brilliantly executed snowmobile flip a tad short; I didn't even make it to the part where fangboy sparkles before I felt like revving up for another shot at gory glory.

I did, however, read "The Host" and thought it was quite good. Still, I kind of wonder what kind of person fantasizes about getting romantic with a silver brain bug. Makes the bat and wolf bros look... ah screw it: ****'s weird.

Is it true that crazy girl get crazy in bed too? ::p:

I actually tried reading the first Twilight - determined not to give in to mob hate - but it really is just... I'll put it this way: I once broke nearly every bone in BOTH of my legs when the ground decided to cut my brilliantly executed snowmobile flip a tad short; I didn't even make it to the part where fangboy sparkles before I felt like revving up for another shot at gory glory.

I gave into pressure and read all four of them. That's countless hours of my life I will never get back. The first half of book 1 is okay, but it just gets worse from there. I enjoyed the friendship between Jacob and that dolt Bella before it got all weird and UST-y. Alas, Stephenie Meyer is no JK Rowling.

Tiercel

Just started The Ultimate Battle: Okinawa 1945-The Last Epic Struggle of World War II by Bill Sloan.

The other day my friend asked me if I "need any more WWII books," as he recently discovered a decent bookstore in Philly. Who does have enough books?

:D

Rembrandt Broam

I gave into pressure and read all four of them. That's countless hours of my life I will never get back. The first half of book 1 is okay, but it just gets worse from there. I enjoyed the friendship between Jacob and that dolt Bella before it got all weird and UST-y. Alas, Stephenie Meyer is no JK Rowling.

But just imagine how much better HP would have been, if it were all about Hermione agonising over whether to sleep with Harry or Ron.

Then again, maybe not. :rolleyes: ;)

Yup. Read most of his :]

I'm reading 'the lost art of travel' by vic darkwood

This is further proof that we are connected. :D I know of only one other person who has even heard of Bill Bryson, let alone read his stuff. I have an entire shelf devoted to his books. ::eek::

Generical

I read Dune a couple of months ago, that's recent for me as the last book i read was several years ago. Was good, found it at my workplace and it made lunch breaks go a lot quicker. In fact the smell of work, which is very dusty as we work with plaster, incorporated itself well with the book as the whole environment of the book is dry and dusty too, made it extra immersive.

Scratch book number 5 on my wall, no wonder i have no vocabulary.