Beatrice

Life
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
Alice in Wonderland
The Great Gatsby
World War Z
The Stand
A Million Little Pieces

(Is there such a thing as literary A.D.D.?)

I know exactly what you're talking about! I do this too!

Josette

I'm reading a YA novel I heard about called '13 Reasons Why' by Jay Asher. It's about a high school age girl who commits suicide. After her death, one of her classmates receives a bunch of casette tapes on which she explains how she came to do it.

It's very well done. Though provoking. And it's totally getting me upset about the injustice of teenage bullies.

Josette

Life
Alice in Wonderland
The Great Gatsby
World War Z
The Stand
A Million Little Pieces

I *loved* World War Z. I should re-read it. The Stand is also one of my favorite ever books.

Life
Alice in Wonderland
The Great Gatsby
World War Z
The Stand
A Million Little Pieces

Oooh, nice list. Alice in Wonderland/Through the Looking Glass is wonderful. The Great Gatsby is one of the few books I was forced to read in high school that I actually liked. And despite all of the crap about it not being totally truthful, A Million Little Pieces is still a great book.

I just bought The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo at a resale shop. I want to read it, but I want to read the books in order and I haven't looked up said order yet.

I'm reading Cross Bones by Kathy Reichs, Don't Sweat the Small Stuff by Richard Carlson, and Wrigleyworld by Kevin Kaduk. The last one is about my beloved and oft-sucking Cubbies and Wrigley Field.

Hemosapien

The Outcast by Sadie Jones

Ive read this book 7 times now (the only book Ive ever read more than once) and I just realised why. Feck. It seems like everything is falling into place since I joined this place. Things are starting to make sense.

Lonelykitsune

I saw the movie for Let the Right One In, and it was good. Now I might have to check out the book. I'm currently reading Introvert Power by Laurie Helgoe. It's interesting, but some of the advice is slightly silly and impractical, like most self-help advice.

Just a heads up if you do read it, it is a lot gorier than the film, with quite a few graphic scenes. Still its a very good read.

Apotheosis

I know exactly what you're talking about! I do this too!

So glad I'm not alone. That's at least one thing I can check off my "reasons I'm completely crazy" list. ::p:

I *loved* World War Z. I should re-read it. The Stand is also one of my favorite ever books.

World War Z is amazing - who knew politics and mindless zombies make for such a splendid combination?

Oooh, nice list. Alice in Wonderland/Through the Looking Glass is wonderful. The Great Gatsby is one of the few books I was forced to read in high school that I actually liked. And despite all of the crap about it not being totally truthful, A Million Little Pieces is still a great book.

I just bought The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo at a resale shop. I want to read it, but I want to read the books in order and I haven't looked up said order yet.

I'm reading Cross Bones by Kathy Reichs, Don't Sweat the Small Stuff by Richard Carlson, and Wrigleyworld by Kevin Kaduk. The last one is about my beloved and oft-sucking Cubbies and Wrigley Field.

Right with you on Gatsby and Pieces. I know the latter is a mostly fictional account, but I know from personal experience that it's also a very accurate one, and the style of writing is perfect for its subject.

I've got the trio on kindle now and it goes: Dragon Tattoo --> Played with Fire --> Hornet's Nest. I'm about halfway through the first and I love it. I just wish I could read Swedish to know how the text originally sounded.

I've got the trio on kindle now and it goes: Dragon Tattoo --> Played with Fire --> Hornet's Nest. I'm about halfway through the first and I love it. I just wish I could read Swedish to know how the text originally sounded.

Thanks! :) I guess I can start reading Dragon Tattoo then.

Last edited:

The Observer

The Hidden Persuaders

The-Hidden-Persuaders.jpg

Mostly Harmless by Douglas Adams.

Last book in the series ::(:

Every once in a while, it strikes me that he died so young (49) and that such a great talent was taken from us and I feel cheated. ::(:

I'm reading the Stieg Larsson series and having similar feelings. He died when he was 50, and the series was supposed to have 10 books in it. There are only three published. It all breaks my book loving heart.

Yes We Can

I'm currently reading Columbine by Dave Cullen, and re-reading Comp TIA A+ Certification exam guide 7th edition by Mike Meyers.