What book are you currently reading?

mikebird

Banned
Just finished Rob Chapman's "A Very Irregular Head" all about Syd Barrett's genius musician.

A referral excerpt about the Wind in the Willows for every chapter in Chapman's book got me thinking how key that book was to me in early years... ploughing my mind ready for use. I just got a copy of that to get back to...

I won't be reading any Harry Potter. I like classics, before our time.

By writing this now has put the book on pause, so please excuse me as I submit, and get down to it ::p:

Deus_Ex_Lemur

people who are very cultured and refined and read alot intimidate me!

I read children books about everyone pooping and Orgasms I dont think I am too cultured and refined... I do read a lot though. =D

(the poop thing in reference to a book I posted a while back, Everyone Poops. Read by Patrick Stewart. Seriously, he did a reading of it).

Bloir

After finishing Anna Karenina by Tolstoy (Now my favorite book), I picked up War and Peace, it's pretty good so far.

Oh, I want to read that book, but i must finish my exams to do it

And Nana by Emile Zola...!! I have a big list with important books to read when my holidays come... (16 june, i wish)

By the moment I continue with The kiss, Chejov...Yes, it is very short but i have not time!!

Deus_Ex_Lemur

Going to reread the Hobbit. Actually finish rereading I started rereading it during winter break and stopped as they were going to head off to Smaug.

AND start a new book I'm thinking another classic. Only read parts of Dante's Inferno. Maybe read the whole Divine Comedy. OR choose something more happy =D

Tripolar

"You Might be a Zombie and Other Bad News" written by the dude from Cracked.com if you never been there; well you should.

The fourth installment of Dean Koontz Frankenstein which is a pleasent surprise as I thought it was only going to be a trilogy but he came out with two more when I wasn't looking. Awesome!

I just finished the latest Sookie Stackhouse by Charlaine Harris, and no I don't watch True Blood I feel it would ruin the books as with so many other series and movies.

Thinking about re-reading "You Suck" by Christopher Moore because Abby Normal is most pimpin'est and Christopher Moore it a freaking comical genius.

Lonelykitsune

Harbour-by John ajvide lingqvist The same guy who wrote 'let the right one in' which was very good.

So far I'm enjoying it, not as graphic or gory as LTROI so far, but definetly has that un-settling atmosphere. A bit too much jumping back and forwards though.

B

Beatrice

About to start Darkness Visible: A Memoir on Madness, by William Styron, which I just bought today. It's about his struggle with depression and I've heard it's one of the most descriptive and wonderfully written pieces on the subject.

Also bought Oliver Sacks' Migraines.

So excited.

Apotheosis

Life
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
Alice in Wonderland
The Great Gatsby
World War Z
The Stand
A Million Little Pieces

(Is there such a thing as literary A.D.D.?)