..weird quirks??

Remus

Staff member
I'm obsessive about creating the perfect recipe/music/art i.e. food, songwriting and painting

Sinar_Matahari

Whenever I shop and I buy fresh food with dates on it I have to find the one with the least time left on it because I don't want it to go bad.

I'm pretty sure this is normal. I hate the thought of expired food or beverages. My husband will eat something on the day or day before it expires. I will not even if it is still looks and smells fresh. I'm very fastidious when it comes to expiration dates.

When I chew my food, I do it to whatever song is stuck in my head.

lol I've caught myself doing this a few times, but it's not something I do regularly.

Waybuloo

I remember funny or nice things randomly and start grinning or laughing like a moron. This quirk isn't that rare but I still get funny looks and it's pretty embarrassing.

Haha same here. I find it gets more difficult the closer someone walks towards me.

philly2bits

When I eat apples or pears I eat the entire thing, I don't leave a core. I also will sometimes eat the peel of an orange too.

alspacka

fun thread,

I used to have a ton weird quirks, but only a hardcore minority have survived through the ages.

- I get facial spasms when I'm really busy with something (like playing a game)
I've learned to mostly keep it in check and nobody comments on it anymore.

- I'm really picky when it comes to food, kinda hard to explain, I don't want my food to be in close proximity to food that disgusts me (like an apple in the fridge being close to meat or cheese) in fear of the stench rubbing off ;o (even if it's packaged). Also don't like it if sauce or juice from one thing comes in contact with something else (changes the flavour, change = new = bad).

- if I'm going to eat something new I have to absolutely know what's in it, and even then it seriously bugs me if it's too heterogeneous (like yoghurt with strawberries in it, or apple pie).

- when I'm eating thoughts about stuff that would make me puke bubble upwards (for example: maggot infested pidgeon), so I need to invest my total concentration to keep those thoughts at bay.

- like drivemycar I also have the whole empathy thing, tho' not quite as bad.
also try to never kill any animal (except for mosquitos ofc), and when I do I feel really bad -.- a couple of weeks back I actually cried because I saw a bird get hit by a car ugh.

- talking about crying, I can't help it but I cry a lot (even though every fiber of masculinity in my body screams not to), not because I'm sad or happy per se. Some things just move me so much I can't stand it, like when I'm walking in the forest, or listening to a beautiful song, emotional movies, too much to sum up in fact. Now this wouldn't bother me that much if I had it under control and it didn't happen in public and that people wouldn't automatically label you as a pussy... so yeah it sucks big time!

- In terms of clothing I'm also a bit quirky :), tho' it has also improved a LOT over the years. For the moment wool and clothing that's too tight is out of the question. But when I was a kid I couldn't stand any kind of fabric rubbing against my skin. I even tried going to school in my pyjamas because I found it so much more comfortable :rolleyes:, yeah didn't quite work out..

Hmm I could probably find a few more, but those cover the gist of it. Okay just realised I almost wrote a bible ;d.

TL;DR: hate food, love birds, often made a fool of myself when small.

Tiercel

Remembered another one. If I'm specifically going out to buy something, and will only be making one purchase, I'll sometimes take exactly $1.04 in change with me. Because with four pennies, three quarters, two dimes, and one nickel I'll be sure to have exact change.

coyote

Remembered another one. If I'm specifically going out to buy something, and will only be making one purchase, I'll sometimes take exactly $1.04 in change with me. Because with four pennies, three quarters, two dimes, and one nickel I'll be sure to have exact change.

You do know that we retailers make sure to have enough of every denomination in our registers in order to make change, right? So you don't have to?

Tiercel

You do know that we retailers make sure to have enough of every denomination in our registers in order to make change, right? So you don't have to?

It's so much easier to just give correct change so I don't have even more to add to that old Nestle Quick container in my bedroom.

And if I didn't do it, it wouldn't be a weird quirk, now would it?

;)

4nd4s

When I was little, I used to be in love with animals and I would try to imitate them by walking on my toes (like velociraptors or a dogs' back feet.) Well, a few months ago I was teased for walking on my toes. I didn't even realize! All this time... I was so embarrassed that I felt physically sick. Ever since then I've been making a huge effort to stop it and so far I've been pretty successful.

That was the big one. My other less interesting quirk is that my CDs MUST be in alphabetical order and neatly put away. The second I finish playing it, I must put it away.

Also, I prefer money to be divisible by 5. If I have eight dollars, I'll either give away three or look for two more so it isn't 'uneven'.

alspacka

DO NOT WATCH THIS VIDEO IF YOU HAVE A WEAK STOMACH YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED but your comment reminded me of this:

youtube vid

Wow, never before had I take heed to any such warnings, the sound alone was already enough ;o.

But yeah, that's how I sit at the table sometimes, but when I really dislike the food I'll never try to actually put it in my mouth tho'. A spoof of that video might ensue otherwise ::(: