..weird quirks??

If have too many quirks to mention, so I'll just post the ones on the top of my head right now. x3

-I have to take out, and organize all the things in the dishwasher before I can put them in their rightful place. Otherwise it will become logical torture.

-I strap myself into my chair at the computer. Though, this is to make sure my back doesn't curve (it's causing general discomfort).

-I start big project out of the blue. I'd be drinking my coffee and suddenly ''.. Huh, I think I'm gonna go ahead and make and write a book'' (for example (even though I'm not an author).

-I'll drink my coffee stone cold and stale, just to not be wasteful. But also because I'm usually too busy with hobbies to get a fresh cup. :B

-I reinvent myself philosophical, like, ALL THE TIME. To such an extend that the common behavior and common phrases no longer make good sense to me. Though, social phobia contributes to that also.

-When I've reached a philosophical revelation, I usually practice some kind of speech in my head, as if I'd ever get to reveal it to people that would care, and understand it.

-I don't form opinions as fast. In fact, it often takes days. I don't get how people can just form an solid opinion in like 2 seconds. I need to analyze it for at least 2 days.. (when it regards something important, otherwise I just wouldn't care). ;P

-I can't stand the feel of paper. *shivers*

-When somebody is being shunned by a large group of people, I tend to stick by their side until I'm convinced that they deserve the attention they're receiving (which in 90% of the cases, does not appear to be the case). I don't like it when people team up against one person without a good reason.

-I tend to love terrible shows. *cough**cough*Heroes*cough*

I'm sure I skipped the biggest and most significant ones, but that's one more quirk; Often I can't recall important things that regard the matter, yet in a few minutes I'll go ''Oh yeah! Crap, I should have mentioned that.''. Haha, ah well.

Last edited:

Rembrandt Broam

So many of these things remind me of me. :)

* The fast food thing - I always eat my burger first, then my fries, then finish my drink. Always in that sequence.

* The sleeping thing - can't sleep with the door open, or a limb hanging out of bed. The cover of the bed has to hang a reasonable length over the side of the bed too. If it's just lying flat on top of the bed, I can't sleep.

* When I'm washing dishes, I wash all the plates together, all the glasses together, etc. It bothers me if I've missed an item and only notice it after its "type" has already been washed.

* I wear 10% of my clothes, 90% of the time. Why do I even bother having the other 90% of my clothing, when I rarely wear them?

* I'm obsessive abut things matching. For example, I have all three extended editions of LOTR on DVD, but the final one was the region 1 edition, not the region 2. This bugged me for quite while. Eventually I ebayed the one I had, and re-bought it on region 2. I did this simply so the box artwork would match on the shelf. Normal? I don't think so. ::(:

There are many more, but I'm sure I don't even realise some of them are weird quirks any more because I've been doing them for so long.

U

userremoved

*I pop my knuckles on my neck for some reason.

*People exiting through the entrance door at Walmart drives me insane

*I hate having my bare feet touch the ground so I'll walk on my toes a lot lol

AnxietyDave

* I hate able drivers parking in a disabled parking zone
* I always put my socks on before my pants
* I hate all the toothpaste being at the bottom of the tube when it is almost finished

Other than that I am pretty easy going and not much else bothers me.:cool:

Tiercel

Remembered some more today. Sometimes when I'm reading something I'll reread a sentence backwards. So I'll read that last sentence I typed, then, "backwards sentence a reread I'll something reading I'm when sometimes." Then I keep reading normally. I just periodically do it to random sentences as I'm reading. It serves absolutely no purpose and I'm trying to stop it.

Went to a diner with my brother and a friend for dinner tonight, and did some more things I always do. First, I have to finish all my beverages. So I downed what was left of my iced tea and water before getting up to leave. And I always clean the table after I'm done eating, since I don't want to leave it dirty for the next person. Even though they probably wipe them down in restaurants anyway. And I always move my dirty dishes to the end of the table. I figure those people are leaning over tables to get things all day, so I'll make it easier to clean up my mess. Especially if I sit next to the window in a booth.

Oh, and if I put ketchup on my fries, I'll eat them with a fork. Like I did again tonight.

Oh, and I also tend to do things symmetrically. Like if I scratch an itch on the right side of my face, I scratch the same spot on the left afterwards. Or if I stretch my right arm I'll then stretch my left arm the same way, just to be even.

Rembrandt Broam

Oh, I forgot the numbers thing.

If I'm putting gas in my car, the value has to be on a multiple of ten. Putting in £12.50 is fine. Putting in £12.47 is unacceptable. I have to nudge it up that extra 3p. Sometimes I'll go a little too far and end up with £12.51, which can be extremely frustrating if the tank is full.

If I'm going to do some task, I always want to start it on the hour or half hour.

If I'm carrying change in my pocket, I want it to be an exact multiple of ten. I'll always make sure I start the day like that, but with so many things prices at £x.99, my sense of wellbeing is usually thwarted pretty quickly.

Ignace

Lol, I share number 1, 2, 7 and a part of 5. When watching tv I sometimes watch the corner of the tv, but I don't trace them with my feet. :D I used to eat my food by item, but in time that changed, I'm very grateful for that !:D

Square_Eyes

When I'm reading a book and the author describes a character's facial expression I compulsively mimic that facial expression the best that I can before reading on. Weird, I know.

Sinar_Matahari

- i wet my toothbrush before and after i put the toothpaste on, then proceed to brush my teeth for like five minutes... that's kind of normal for some people, i guess, haha

- i eat my food one 'item' at a time.. for example: chicken first, then carrots, then potatoes. and i never mix my food together. or if i'm eating fast food, i'll eat the fries first then the chicken, unless it's arby's, then i eat the chicken then the fries...

^^^I am the same. Sometimes I will brush my teeth a second time if they don't feel clean enough. As far as the food goes, I will eat one food at a time, and leave the best for last.

I can't think of anything else. For the most part, my behavior is normal to me so I may not even notice. I'll try to pay attention from now on and add on to my list as I go.

-I suppose this used to be a quirk until I made myself get over it....I don't like to touch any wet or damp fabric. I don't know why the towel or t-shirt are wet and I think that it might be soiled with some unclean substance. I'll do it now, but it still feels like I'm touching something potentially filthy and I get this icky feeling.

-Also, I would rather flush food down the toilet (if possible) instead of throwing it in the trash because I'm afraid that the food accumulating in the garbage will attract bugs or flies.

-I will not use a restroom if it looks or smells disgusting. Not that most restrooms smell good, but there's always that one that has the most unholy odor. Other people seem to have no problem using them, but I'm very sensitive to smell and I find any overpowering, unpleasant odor offensive.

-I mostly drink my water straight out of the bottle, and I always have a water bottle of my own. No one is allowed to drink out of it and if they do then I don't drink out of it anymore. I will rarely drink out of someone else's bottle unless I'm very thirsty, but I still hold it up to the light so I can see if there are any visible food particles floating about. I will not drink another person's back wash and I always try not to get back wash into my water.

-I will normally finish eating all my food before I drink although, that can depend on what I'm eating.

Last edited:

panicsurvivor

O.K. This is cool. I am among fellow freaks.
I can only share certain liquids out of containers with people(even my children.
The following are acceptable: beer, gatorade, hard booze, tea, and water.
The following are unacceptable: milk, wine, juice, coffee, and soda.
I cannot exist in silence. I must have some type of white noise or music or t.v. or actual voices around me at all times, and if I can't I have to sing, or whistle.
Whenever I shop and I buy fresh food with dates on it I have to find the one with the least time left on it because I don't want it to go bad.
When I smoke I have to smoke the cigarette until it touches the filter, and when my friends are smoking and they try to put out before it is gone, I finish it for them, even if it means smoking more than one cigarette at a time.
I don't know if this counts but I do everything right handed accept write.
When I eat I have to eat what I like least on my plate first and what I like the most last.
I cannot drive by someone on the road who's car is broken down or is changing a flat or something without stopping and offering to help without becoming physicaly ill.
I will never litter. Every night my pockets are full of trash, I will even put cigarette buts in my pockets if there is no trashcans around.
The sound of someone slurping drives me so crazy I have to refrain from hitting them.
I am not a jerk and I don't pick fights, but every time I meet a man I size them up, find their weak point and strong points and formulate how to beat them. I swear I am not a dick. It's just habit.
When I chew my food, I do it to whatever song is stuck in my head.
O.k. this one is weird. I know they can't do it but some insane part of me still thinks that my animals may be able, through some magic be able to speak to me, so I allways try to get them to.
Wow maybe I should delete this.

Tuco

- when i'm reading an article or long post online, i constantly click around random places with my mouse and highlight text and click off of it and highlight something else. i don't pay attention to what i'm highlighting, because i'm reading, but i just highlight random blocks of text and click off and highlight more really fast.. that one's kind of difficult to understand unless you see me do it, ha..

I do that sometimes

Danfalc

Banned
Oh got a weird one..I can't touch wet wood >.>

Seriously no joke,like those wooden cooking spoons you get,if I use to do the washing up at home I would hate accidentally touching up gah they are horrible.Just the texture goes through me like..nails on a board do for some people.

Maybe in a past life I was beat to death with soggy spoon haha.

agoraphobickatie

lmao @ getting beat by a soggy spoon! yuck! wet wood is pretty nasty, though.... i don't like stepping on or touching slimy things.. like at the lake or the beach.. i can tolerate the beach, because usually i can see through the water, but i do NOT walk or swim in lakes.. ever! ohhh gah it's so gross! lol

Kiwong

If an ad I don't like is about to come on TV I have to change the channel. If I watch I will lose years off my life.

Waybuloo

When I am doing something like peeling a potato or brushing my teeth i have to count in my head in my native tongue. I also like to twitch my shoulder blades left, right, left right etc..

I'm not sure if this is a quirk but i spasm uncontrollably in public and fall down on the sidewalk a lot. Sometimes I get concussions.

Danfalc

Banned
I'm not sure if this is a quirk but i spasm uncontrollably in public and fall down on the sidewalk a lot. Sometimes I get concussions.

You fall over and give yourself concussions?Wow that's quite serious.They could be convulsions.My Mum does things like this,but it's because of her epilepsy.She will spasm and then her legs will just go from beneath her.Maybe it's worth bringing this up with a doctor.

When I was first ill and my symptoms were a lot more intense.I felt I couldn't walk properly and I seriously couldn't some days,I would also get these nervous twitches.I still get them in a minor way some days but thankfully not as much.I felt like a right freak at the time.

Waybuloo

You fall over and give yourself concussions?Wow that's quite serious.They could be convulsions.My Mum does things like this,but it's because of her epilepsy.She will spasm and then her legs will just go from beneath her.Maybe it's worth bringing this up with a doctor.

When I was first ill and my symptoms were a lot more intense.I felt I couldn't walk properly and I seriously couldn't some days,I would also get these nervous twitches.I still get them in a minor way some days but thankfully not as much.I felt like a right freak at the time.

I feel a freak for twitching too, I get minor tremor type of things, and they overtake me when i'm nervous. Someone said I looked like I was being electrocuted. My doctors never know what to make of them :(

I remember funny or nice things randomly and start grinning or laughing like a moron. This quirk isn't that rare but I still get funny looks and it's pretty embarrassing.