Something GOOD That Happened Today!

Phoenixx

Honestly there is nothing good about today. The biggest highlight for me was coming back home from losing my job as librarian's assistant and being greeted by my puppy Gizmo who spent like half an hour licking me as I cried. I really feel like dogs are more human than humans themselves sometimes.
^ I agree. I feel that a lot of animals are more human than humans themselves sometimes.

Really sorry to hear about your job, Malice. ::(: If there are any other libraries or book stores around, maybe you could check them out, see if they're hiring?

Deus_Ex_Lemur

Honestly there is nothing good about today. The biggest highlight for me was coming back home from losing my job as librarian's assistant and being greeted by my puppy Gizmo who spent like half an hour licking me as I cried. I really feel like dogs are more human than humans themselves in most aspects.

GIZMO! Awesome! Gremlins fan? ::p: Sorry about job and all. Dog's are full of love. Lemurs too! :D

AsTimeBurns

Honestly there is nothing good about today. The biggest highlight for me was coming back home from losing my job as librarian's assistant and being greeted by my puppy Gizmo who spent like half an hour licking me as I cried. I really feel like dogs are more human than humans themselves in most aspects.

__Sad_hug___emote_by_lemon_hush.gif

Acegame

For 7 years now im going to the same gym approximately 2 times a week. I'm like a ghost in there. I try to avoid every form of contact. I say hi/bye to the employees and i answer when people ask me things (which is very rare) but thats it. I'm most uncomfortable around the regulars who have seen me there so often but probably never heard me speak. I feel like a freak around them and this makes it extra hard to say something.

But somehow lately more and more of those regulars start making contact with me. Out of nowhere they start talking to me whereas before they never did. It's almost like they all agreed on trying to involve me more and pull me out of my shell or something. And today it happend again. One of the regulars who was allready here when i became a member and i never had a word with before out of nothing told me a funny story about another regular.

Its weird because from what i know im not doing things differently. But it feels good that they do, because that makes me feel less of a freak. Still hard for me to respond though. I sort of blackout and cant think of things to say back. The only thing i can do is nod or smile.

Last edited:

Deus_Ex_Lemur

For 7 years now im going to the same gym approximately 2 times a week. I'm like a ghost in there. I try to avoid every form of contact. I say hi/bye to the employees and i answer when people ask me things (which is very rare) but thats it. I'm most uncomfortable around the regulars who have seen me there so often but probably never heard me speak. I feel like a freak around them and this makes it extra hard to say something.

But somehow lately more and more of those regulars start making contact with me. Out of nowhere they start talking to me whereas before they never did. It's almost like they all agreed on trying to involve me more and pull me out of my shell or something. And today it happend again. One of the regulars who was allready here when i became a member and i never had a word with before out of nothing told me a funny story about another regular.

It actually feels good that they do, because that makes me feel less of a freak. But its still hard for me to respond to them. I sort of blackout and cant think of things to say back. The only thing i can do is nod or smile.

I can relate to the this exceedingly. At my gym - a few ppl I speak to when didn't before. I always felt like ppl thought I was a snob or something but - ppl are friendly it's a smaller gym, and have a basketball league where many ppl get to know eachother I never joined - it's hard initially to get into convo esp after not seeing them a while, for I stopped going again this summer just started back. But AFTER a bit you'll get more comfortable and more stuff will come to you to say! SO GOOD JOB don't "sweat" it! :)

B

Beatrice

Well, um, feel like I had a mutual checking-someone-out moment :D

Section_31

I was standing in line at the bank today, and this attractive young lady who obviously isnt shy with her man, was behind me. Apparently thinking i was her guy, she reaches around my waist, and *censored!*. So right away i could have probably jumped to the moon, was so deep in my thoughts i totally wasnt paying attention, and common, people dont just grab you there, especially in public!!!

So anyway, i whirl around, and right away you can see the horror on her face when she realizes im not the intended recipient of said gesture of affection. She turned about as red as an apple and stuttered probably a thousand "im so sorrys!". I tried to relax and laugh it off and just said usually my dates would buy me dinner first, but that those days were long gone now as im happilly married. She got a smal chuckle, i told her to think nothing of it, and life went on.

Ok, im not sure if this classifies as a GOOD thing, but it sure as hell made me laugh, and made my morning!

DeadmanWalking

I was standing in line at the bank today, and this attractive young lady who obviously isnt shy with her man, was behind me. Apparently thinking i was her guy, she reaches around my waist, and *censored!*. So right away i could have probably jumped to the moon, was so deep in my thoughts i totally wasnt paying attention, and common, people dont just grab you there, especially in public!!!

So anyway, i whirl around, and right away you can see the horror on her face when she realizes im not the intended recipient of said gesture of affection. She turned about as red as an apple and stuttered probably a thousand "im so sorrys!". I tried to relax and laugh it off and just said usually my dates would buy me dinner first, but that those days were long gone now as im happilly married. She got a smal chuckle, i told her to think nothing of it, and life went on.

Ok, im not sure if this classifies as a GOOD thing, but it sure as hell made me laugh, and made my morning!
Ahahahahahahaha! That's hilarious! That made my day!

Anyway, for me, I learned that I do have friends and that they are always there for me, even when I'm not. I've got to do better by them and I will!

B

Beatrice

:eek::eek::eek:

WHOA. Just reading it made me feel embarrassed for BOTH of you ::(:

Yikes.....

U

userremoved

Lmao, good thing you were in public and weren't wearing sweat pants. Or her husband didnt walk up and be like wtf. ::p:

U

userremoved

Girl told me today that I was one of the smartest people she knows. It was quite flattering coming from her.

Section_31

I woke up this morning, with a purring kitten lying on my chest, another one lying beside me, and my lovely hunny on my other side. I realized its the thanksgiving weekend, and i still have tomorrow off. I then remembered that we went shopping at the farmers market for special breakfast treats for today, i made us duck eggs, duck sausage, and coffee.

I woke up this morning and realized that today, man, im just happy. feel so content.

I love this time of year :).

B

Beatrice

Erm, I downed two rum and cokes. That's enough happy for me for one day :D

KiaKaha

Banned
Had an interview today for an undergraduate degree in social sciences. I think it went pretty well, I felt I got a lot off my chest, and told the panel about all the things that I think about and know about. I think they might take me on, but I wont know for a month.

Blah Blah, yeah I know... but its a big deal to me..

Vampayah88

Today, right before getting out of the taxi, the driver wished me a great week and told me im beautiful. It brightened my mood so much.:)