Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
I did it. I submitted a request for intake at my local mental and behavioral health office. I don't know why I feel like crying now. I KNOW I need help, but I guess it's just finally admitting it? Like physically? I don't know. I feel so shitty, like I'm broken. I mean, I AM broken, that's why I'm here and that's why I'm scheduling this appointment. But why do I feel so shitty about this??? :cry:
I've been putting-off making an appointment for a year or more, don't feel too bad. You're doing the right thing.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
I just threw my jury duty notice in the trash. By the time I saw it in the mail I didn't have time to get an excuse from a doctor, so I said screw it. I figured I saved them the time of having to eliminate me, anyway. I've been pulled-over by the police for out-of-date tags and let-go since then, so apparently there's no manhunt. :LOL:

Does your state not have punishments for not attending? My MO is generally to avoid things at all costs, but I had 5 different people tell me I had to go before I even hinted at not wanting to go (as they know me well enough I guess :p), with the insinuation that not going would be much more headache than going. Made following through an easier decision than usual.

And ended up not being so bad. Was only there half the day, and wasn't impaneled because...reasons? I thought I would have been a great juror(in theory, not in practice), but also didn't want to be a juror so I'm not complaining :p

Last edited:

FountainandFairfax

Does your state not have punishments for not attending? My MO is generally to avoid things at all costs, but I had 5 different people tell me I had to go before I even hinted at not wanting to go (as they know me well enough I guess :p), with the insinuation that not going would be much more headache than going. Made following through an easier decision than usual.

And ended up not being so bad. Was only there half the day, and wasn't impaneled because...reasons? I thought I would have been a great juror(in theory, not in practice), but also didn't want to be a juror so I'm not complaining :p

I think it's ultimately left up to the judge whether a bench warrant is issued or not. From what I remember reading, most choose not to do anything about it because it's too much of a headache to enforce it. As long as enough people report for duty, and they can put a jury together, they tend to let it slide.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
I hate feel like this... like I’m constantly trying please everyone.
Yet, I’m not considering the person who’s happiness really matter.
But that’s selfish of me to do so, apparently.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
I’m getting serious pissed off with the way my older sister treats me and our mother. :mad: Like, every interact she has with either of us just makes me more firm in my belief that she’s utterly incapable of being nice to anyone but her friends.

Phoenixx

Life is hard. A lot of things have been thrown my way this month:
- Job sucking, with more training and having to cover for a coworker this week who's going out of town
- Depression and anxiety overwhelming
- Lots of expenses paid, wallet now pretty tight
- Our eldest dog now sick (will get results tomorrow or Tues); I don't expect results to be good considering she's been losing weight recently, attitude has changed, and today she threw up randomly.
- My husband's grandfather passed away today (We saw him in the ICU yesterday. It wasn't good. We basically said our goodbyes then); funeral will probably be next weekend

I'm freaking tired man. But I'm getting through it, slowly. Every day I've been trying to do at least one positive thing, or accomplish something to make myself feel good. Today I took the time to listen to music and paint my husband's wood project he put together. Yesterday I baked cookies. This week alone I have made all my appointments to keep my health in check, including an official date for my 2 hr intake for therapy. Sucks I have to wait another month and a half though. :confused:

FountainandFairfax

Life is hard. A lot of things have been thrown my way this month:
- Job sucking, with more training and having to cover for a coworker this week who's going out of town
- Depression and anxiety overwhelming
- Lots of expenses paid, wallet now pretty tight
- Our eldest dog now sick (will get results tomorrow or Tues); I don't expect results to be good considering she's been losing weight recently, attitude has changed, and today she threw up randomly.
- My husband's grandfather passed away today (We saw him in the ICU yesterday. It wasn't good. We basically said our goodbyes then); funeral will probably be next weekend

I'm freaking tired man. But I'm getting through it, slowly. Every day I've been trying to do at least one positive thing, or accomplish something to make myself feel good. Today I took the time to listen to music and paint my husband's wood project he put together. Yesterday I baked cookies. This week alone I have made all my appointments to keep my health in check, including an official date for my 2 hr intake for therapy. Sucks I have to wait another month and a half though. :confused:

Hang in there, Phoenix. It sounds like you have a lot on your plate. :confused:

SoScared

I still don't know how most people deal with depression. I asked my mate and he just tells people that its not a good day and hopes that they will wander off. Anxiety was always my thing. I never really thought about depression much. I have so much respect now for people who live long term with depression. Imagine a lifetime of this. Its easy to get too self centered though.

SilentAndShy

I had to undergo work training involved practical tasks in front of other people and I didn't nail it, admittedly and I just felt awkward being centre of attention. And a day listening to a manager trying to be "down with the kids" with his banter, and seemingly engaging with everyone but me. I'm conflicted: I want a new job working with adults and mature professionals yet I worry, leaving to go to a new place will expose my fraudness in my professional personality