Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
Anyone know why some users have a number and why some have well known member instead?
Don’t know... I was wondering about that, myself.

My guess is that everyone who had a title lost that, and it is now just a 1. I'm not an orangutan wrangler anymore, for example. Blackpuma now potentially may be either black or a puma. We just don't know anymore.

On the topic of the new layout, my need-to-understand-every-little-detail senses are tingling as there seem to be quite a few new features and functions, but overall it seems to be a good thing I think. It most definitely gains my approval (y)

Last edited:

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
Yes, some of us were deemed worthy of titles.

giphy.gif

Is there any “Meet up” groups where you are, Sarah? I know since I moved here I have been pretty amazed at all the different groups I could join. Maybe take up a new sport like scuba diving or sea kayaking then you can meet guys that way too. You have to change your social sphere when you’re really stuck and frustrated which it sounds like you really are. Maybe volunteer at something you are passionate about- then you are networking and meeting new and different people and doing something you love.
Where I currently live just totally sucks, to be honest. The population is increasing, but it seems like everyone that is in my age range is already married. This was a conversation I had with my therapist; the dating here sucks. But yes, there are ‘Meet Up’groups here - they’re just not as plentiful as in the city. I have a crush on someone, but much like the others, I am willing to wager he’s not interested in someone like me. Anyway, I get what you’re saying, though, Molly - you gotta put yourself out there.

Sorry to read that you are having to deal with anger and frustration in your life at the moment, Sarah_M :sad:

Sadly, finding a partner/companion these days, is like trying to walk over a vast field full of buried land mines.
Your damned if you do, and your damned if you don't. :eek:h:

The journey of finding a partner, is so complex these days!!
Everyone seems to have so many boxes that someone has to "tick", before you will even get a chance to date them.

And if you don't "tick" off the most popular boxes that many people seem to have, then you are basically stuffed. :crying:

(P.S. For goodness sake Sarah - you need to stop discrediting your looks! The word "ugly" does not even remotely belong in a sentence about how you look)
Thanks, Blue. You’re always so supportive. I feel like I am hideous, though. It’s not something I can easily just turn-off, unfortunately.
You’re so right, though - finding a partner has become increasingly difficult. I guess I just need to be patient and see what happens.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
Thanks, Blue. You’re always so supportive. I feel like I am hideous, though. It’s not something I can easily just turn-off, unfortunately.
You’re so right, though - finding a partner has become increasingly difficult. I guess I just need to be patient and see what happens.
I'm going to play devil's advocate here for a second. Now, I consider you and I to be good friends so I hope you don't take this the wrong way.
Have you considered many guys will find a girl that comes across as "needy" or is hunting for a boyfriend as a turn off?

My advice is, stop looking for love. Do things you really enjoy doing, be yourself and you may find many men may see you in a different light.

Remember, I'm in no way trying to offend you. As your friend I'm giving you (as 1 guy) my perspective.
Much love, Pug ☺

I'm going to play devil's advocate here for a second. Now, I consider you and I to be good friends so I hope you don't take this the wrong way.
Have you considered many guys will find a girl that comes across as "needy" or is hunting for a boyfriend as a turn off?

My advice is, stop looking for love. Do things you really enjoy doing, be yourself and you may find many men may see you in a different light.

Remember, I'm in no way trying to offend you. As your friend I'm giving you (as 1 guy) my perspective.
Much love, Pug ☺
I know you’d never try to hurt my feelings, Pug. I definitely agree that some men find neediness a turn off. The thing is, though, I only come off that way online because this is the only outlet I have to express my desire for a relationship. In my life away from the internet, I actually have this attitude of “I don’t want a boyfriend”. In fact, I have even had someone at work ask me why I was still single and if I even wanted a boyfriend — to which I said I didn’t (I lied, of course). I am terrified of intimacy, so I pretend I don’t want it even though I desperately do. I know I need to work on it, though. There’s a guy at school I have a crush on and I feel really comfortable around him, so I might ask him out at the end of this term. Even if he says no, I will have at least tried, right? I think I stand a decent chance because increasingly we end up talking more than doing math.

lily

feeling bored yet again... what i don't like about this forum is that there are Godless people. i feel that everytime i praise God people purposely go away but i will NEVER GO AWAY FROM GOD! i feel it's like the Holy Spirit is strongly within me.

LoyalXenite

what i don't like about this forum is that there are Godless people.

SPW is a diverse forum with many belief systems so its to be expected that not everyone will relate to your religious posts. Perhaps you should look for a religious forum as well to sate your need to connect on a religious level

it's probably just me but i sometimes feel that people purposely go away when i praise God. i'm not ready to go to another forum.

Don't let it get to you too much. I mean, I'm sure there's people that have a strong opinion about the subject, but as long as we all stay civil, it shouldn't be a problem.

We're all different after all - and even outside of religious persuasion, I'm sure any given two members could argue over something or other. It's all about how we handle these differences.

Heh, case in point, I didn't even know you were religious until just now. Doesn't make me think more or less of you for it.

lily

thanks BlackPuma for your point of view and I don't think less of you either :)

Last edited: