Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
damnit!! I can't for the life of me remember how to post a pic on here if that pic is saved to my pc.. can anyone poke my brain pls..?

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
damnit!! I can't for the life of me remember how to post a pic on here if that pic is saved to my pc.. can anyone poke my brain pls..?

Aye, nae bother. This might hurt yer head a wee bit, so brace yerself... :giggle:

Click the Post Reply button, scroll down the page a wee bit and you'll see a box that says "Attach Files", with a "Manage Attachments" button underneath the aforementioned heading. Click that button, and you get a popup window with the very first option allowing you post a pic that's store on yer computer.

And there ye go... :) :thumbup:

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
Aye, nae bother. This might hurt yer head a wee bit, so brace yerself... :giggle:

Click the Post Reply button, scroll down the page a wee bit and you'll see a box that says "Attach Files", with a "Manage Attachments" button underneath the aforementioned heading. Click that button, and you get a popup window with the very first option allowing you post a pic that's store on yer computer.

And there ye go...

Ahh I see! All this time on this site and I never knew that one hahaha :eek:mg:

Thanks Graeme you b l o o d y legend :thumbup:

Hot_Tamale

Just got off a saturday shift at work. A couple came in and sat their toddler in a booster seat...15 minutes later the toddler starts shrieking her head off every ~20 seconds. It sounded like a rabid monkey being poked with a cattle prod and if the door to the restaurant was open I would have heard it even from across the street. Some kids these days....

And I'm afraid some people might be saying things about me behind my back at work. I might just be paranoid for no reason but if people are I don't know what to do about it.

Graeme1988

And I'm afraid some people might be saying things about me behind my back at work. I might just be paranoid for no reason but if people are I don't know what to do about it.

Confront them, but be civil about it. And apologise if it's just a misunderstanding. Don't do as my older sister does n' go in all: "Hey! You been talkin' aboot me, eh?! Huv ye?!" :eek:

But only if it bothers you that much. If not, then just ignore 'em.

Hot_Tamale

Confront them, but be civil about it. And apologise if it's just a misunderstanding. Don't do as my older sister does n' go in all: "Hey! You been talkin' aboot me, eh?! Huv ye?!" :eek:

But only if it bothers you that much. If not, then just ignore 'em.
Thanks, I'm a civil person but I won't confront anyone unless I confirm my suspicions. People complaining about others behind their back is immature and petty to me, unless it's a complaint to the boss or a human resources issue.

Your sister knows how to get to the heart of an issue fast :giggle:

Graeme1988

Thanks, I'm a civil person but I won't confront anyone unless I confirm my suspicions. People complaining about others behind their back is immature and petty to me, unless it's a complaint to the boss or a human resources issue.

Yer taking the right approah, there. :thumbup:

Your sister knows how to get to the heart of an issue fast :giggle:

Uh-huh! :bigsmile: Sadly, she doesn't take kindly to constructive criticism, or when the likes of me tells her she's overreacting by way of shouting n' swearing. :eek:mg:

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
There's literally trillions of things I'll never see, never listen to, or ever experience, yet I'm listening to this song that I've listened to probably a couple dozen times in the last few months that I like, and I'm thinking to myself "i'm going to get so many opportunities to listen to this song in my life, I better take them when they come and appreciate every second."

It makes me wonder if that's what life is all about. Are we just sort of picking at random from those trillions of ways to spend our time, and repeating the good from it?

Hot_Tamale

There's literally trillions of things I'll never see, never listen to, or ever experience, yet I'm listening to this song that I've listened to probably a couple dozen times in the last few months that I like, and I'm thinking to myself "i'm going to get so many opportunities to listen to this song in my life, I better take them when they come and appreciate every second."

It makes me wonder if that's what life is all about. Are we just sort of picking at random from those trillions of ways to spend our time, and repeating the good from it?
I agree. I think it's because not all of us have very many ways to make ourselves happy so we keep going back to the things that we know will make us feel that way. If you had millions of options that would guarantee to make you happy 100% of the time would you still only choose a small amount of them?

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
I agree. I think it's because not all of us have very many ways to make ourselves happy so we keep going back to the things that we know will make us feel that way. If you had millions of options that would guarantee to make you happy 100% of the time would you still only choose a small amount of them?

I think that last question you put forth is an interesting one, because I can see an argument for either side. Like if I think of the example of desserts, imagine there were literally a million different ones that we knew 100% of the time would make us happy.Would you try a different dessert every time, or would try maybe a hundred or so and just re-eat them every so often? I could see eating a delicious piece of blueberry pie and wanting to eat it again the next night, but I could also see how by doing so would take away the opportunity to eat another type of dessert. You just can't try them all, try as many as you can once or eat a portion of them multiple times?

And with the first part you said, about how people who struggle to find things that make them happy may go back to the same things that have done the trick in the past, I could also see the flip side of that. I think being unhappy makes one aware that there are a lot of things that make them unhappy, and that in looking for new experiences could just be leading them to the same results.

But I think a person who struggles to be happy, or find things to make them happy, may look more for new things instead of just going to the old, tried, and true. It's like, imagine you had the means to make one billion dollars every day, you probably wouldn't spend your days looking for ways to make money. If you only had the means to make fifty dollars a day though, while you would spend some time making the money (doing the things you know you like) you may also spend a lot of time looking for new ways to make money (Looking for new things).

I think I'm a person who will sometimes not go out and try new things in the fear that they won't go well. Rather than focus on the prospect of it being a good addition to my life, I'll dwell on all the ways it could make them worse.

I think what I'm sort of getting at is what the expression "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" conveys, in that if you're happy and things are going well, why change things? And on the other side, if things are broken, why would you not try to change things?

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
Everything is inverted and has been perverted. Nothing is sacred anymore. I hate this world sometimes with every fiber of my being.

Maybe it's my bad english but what do you mean by "inverted"? In regards to "perverted" and "sacred" and the occasional hate of this world, I don't know if what you mean is what I think you mean, but if it is, I've been feeling that way very strongly lately. I feel like humankind with its overspreading, is spoiling the sacred in the world (and by sacred I don't mean anything religious).

Thinking about my ex today - my first love and former fiancè.
We knew each other for a long time - he was my first everything. He was the only person who loves music as much as me and maybe even a little more. I miss his face and even just talking to him. I was listening to music and I was thinking about how more bands need to utilize axillary percussion instruments - he would get that. He was my best friend... It's been nearly 3 years since we broke up and a year since we cut ties completely. I thought I was over this, but I miss him. I try to remind myself of why we broke up in the first place and how we can never be together again; I will probably never see him again. The finality of it is a hard pill to swallow. He's probably completely moved on and was notorious for having a shit memory, so I am probably the only one sitting here trapped in our old memories...

I just hope that when I actually find someone new, he sticks and I can forget about the past and move on.

AtTheGates

Banned
Everything is inverted and has been perverted. Nothing is sacred anymore. I hate this world sometimes with every fiber of my being.

Tell me about it...

im getting more and more fed up with people's bullsh!t every day.

One thing im very sick of though is having trust issues...As the years go by they just seem to get worse. The only thing that seems to help is avoiding people.

This comes to mind:
large.jpg

Last edited:

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
Thinking about my ex today - my first love and former fiancè.
We knew each other for a long time - he was my first everything. He was the only person who loves music as much as me and maybe even a little more. I miss his face and even just talking to him. I was listening to music and I was thinking about how more bands need to utilize axillary percussion instruments - he would get that. He was my best friend... It's been nearly 3 years since we broke up and a year since we cut ties completely. I thought I was over this, but I miss him. I try to remind myself of why we broke up in the first place and how we can never be together again; I will probably never see him again. The finality of it is a hard pill to swallow. He's probably completely moved on and was notorious for having a shit memory, so I am probably the only one sitting here trapped in our old memories...

I just hope that when I actually find someone new, he sticks and I can forget about the past and move on.

I think it's good to be able to look back on it with fond memories. The end of anything is hard I think, especially important things, but knowing, at least for a while, that it was a good thing is a positive thing in the long run.