Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

How often should you get a new computer?

My computer - a Mac - is working okay (a little slow because I'm running out of hard drive space), but it's a bit outdated now. I'm running Leopard on mine, and Apple has already come out with Snow Leopard and now Mountain Lion. So now I can't use Google Chrome for a browser, which I really like :(

And apparently it involves a bit of hassle to upgrade to Mountain Lion on an older model like mine. I don't have the money for a new computer right now, but would it be a good idea to get one when I can? Or is it worth trying to upgrade my OS on an older model that works fine?

Chess

My sister sent me a message today asking me to make an egg-free, icing-free, pink birthday cake for her daughter... Now, how to decorate a child's cake without icing, when it has to be pink? I have ideas... But it depends upon my sister's response to them...

Food coloring plus decorations/edible decorations/candies you can buy (unless your sister said no icing because of excess sugar). :D

My computer - a Mac - is working okay (a little slow because I'm running out of hard drive space), but it's a bit outdated now. I'm running Leopard on mine, and Apple has already come out with Snow Leopard and now Mountain Lion. So now I can't use Google Chrome for a browser, which I really like :(

And apparently it involves a bit of hassle to upgrade to Mountain Lion on an older model like mine. I don't have the money for a new computer right now, but would it be a good idea to get one when I can? Or is it worth trying to upgrade my OS on an older model that works fine?

I recommend getting a PC instead.

coyote

I recommend getting a PC instead.

my new iPad is awesome - i highly recommend getting one

knowledgeofself

i'd like 3 bicycles;
a downhill mountain bike
a touring hybrid kind of bike with all the panniers and bits and bobs
a single speed road bike

all top range fancy ones for completely different purposes. is that greedy? I can't afford even one good one anyway so I guess it doesn't matter.::(:

this_portrait

I'm annoyed that part of my bed broke, which means I have to sleep on the couch for a while. On the other hand, I'm really looking forward to classes starting up this Saturday.

Hoppy

I just had a very pretty saleswoman in my office. (a rarity in my line of work.)

It made me realise once again that being alone isn't all that wonderful.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Well... I've shaved ma beard down. It's no' right off, but still... I'm pissed off with myself for doing it. Why?! Because I gave intae pressure from ma family: "Why are ye gonnae shave that? You should just shave that off" That?! It's a just beard, for **** sake! F**kin' whingin' f**kwits! But then, I cannae do what makes me happy, eh? Naw! I've got tae bend over back for everyone else, might as well take up f**kin' yoga at this point.

Niteowl

Sorry to hear about the beard Graeme1988.

I'm so annoyed, me!! :mad:

I can take personal criticism, and I'm not particularly sensitive, considering, but there are these two people at the training centre, and they are indirectly making fun of the way I look, every Thursday when I'm unfortunate to be there at the same time as them. In school, people used to say that I looked like a certain musician, I'm not gonna say which one, but hey, at least they actually said it in school!! These two are so indirect about it, it's actually worse. I was leaving the centre just now, and the one of them sang this verse from a song, by this musician!! I hate bullies, but I hate cowardly bullies even more. The kind of bullies that stood behind their friends in school, and wouldn't call you names or throw things if they weren't protected. I'm 19 now, I left school 3 years ago. This shouldn't be happening any more!!

There are two types of people at this training centre - there's people who need to learn their Maths and English, like them, and people who need to get some confidence and work-experience, like me. I'm not stopping them learning their fractions and pie charts. If it wasn't for people like that, I'd be gaining so much from the training centre. I get on so well there the rest of the time. I don't want to tell on them; no bullying is a strict golden rule there. I bet they would get kicked out. I do sort of smile at that thought, lol, but to be fair, they need to learn their key skills. I wouldn't see somebody go without that second chance. Funny thing is, one of them actually went to my mums charity fund-raising bingo/raffle night last time, and my mum is doing another one tonight. I wonder if she will be going this time. What I'd give to see her get thrown out... haha.

I really don't know what to do about these two. I really don't want to let someone else deal with it and get them in trouble. I know exactly what I'd say to them if I was gonna handle it myself. I would tell them that I am there to gain confidence, and they are getting in the way of that. Like I said, I'm not getting in the way of their learning. In fact, they're the ones always walking out of their lessons. The fact stands though that I have social anxiety; it's not what it used to be, but still I would not be able to do that even if I wanted to.

Oooh well... I shared it on a public forum and now I feel better about it! ::p:

But still I hate bullies!! :mad:

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Sorry to hear about the beard Graeme1988.

I'm so annoyed, me!! :mad:

I can take personal criticism, and I'm not particularly sensitive, considering, but there are these two people at the training centre, and they are indirectly making fun of the way I look, every Thursday when I'm unfortunate to be there at the same time as them. In school, people used to say that I looked like a certain musician, I'm not gonna say which one, but hey, at least they actually said it in school!! These two are so indirect about it, it's actually worse. I was leaving the centre just now, and the one of them sang this verse from a song, by this musician!! I hate bullies, but I hate cowardly bullies even more. The kind of bullies that stood behind their friends in school, and wouldn't call you names or throw things if they weren't protected. I'm 19 now, I left school 3 years ago. This shouldn't be happening any more!!

There are two types of people at this training centre - there's people who need to learn their Maths and English, like them, and people who need to get some confidence and work-experience, like me. I'm not stopping them learning their fractions and pie charts. If it wasn't for people like that, I'd be gaining so much from the training centre. I get on so well there the rest of the time. I don't want to tell on them; no bullying is a strict golden rule there. I bet they would get kicked out. I do sort of smile at that thought, lol, but to be fair, they need to learn their key skills. I wouldn't see somebody go without that second chance. Funny thing is, one of them actually went to my mums charity fund-raising bingo/raffle night last time, and my mum is doing another one tonight. I wonder if she will be going this time. What I'd give to see her get thrown out... haha.

I really don't know what to do about these two. I really don't want to let someone else deal with it and get them in trouble. I know exactly what I'd say to them if I was gonna handle it myself. I would tell them that I am there to gain confidence, and they are getting in the way of that. Like I said, I'm not getting in the way of their learning. In fact, they're the ones always walking out of their lessons. The fact stands though that I have social anxiety; it's not what it used to be, but still I would not be able to do that even if I wanted to.

Oooh well... I shared it on a public forum and now I feel better about it! ::p:

But still I hate bullies!! :mad:

It's no big deal, ma beard will grow back to full length in about 2 weeks.

Sorry to hear you're having a hard time, Niteowl. I hate bullies too. Loathe them even. I guess, some people who bullied others during their school years don't become mature with age, eh? Must still feel insecure about themselves? Just a thought. Though, speaking from experience, you tend to get bullying if you standout from everyone else, you're unique. Which is ironic, when you think about it...

Best to ignore them, as best you can. And try and not let it get you down, I know it's not easy. Anyway, good to know you're feeling better.

I'm neither a glass half full or glass half empty kinda guy, I'm a transparent container at 50% liquid capacity kinda guy.

Whether it is ''full'' or ''empty'' depends on what state it was before. Was it entirely full before, then it's half empty. Was it entirely empty, then it half full. But since we do not know what state said glass was in, the only observation we can make is that the capacity is at 50%. Anything beyond that are assumptions.

Starry

Five hours of my husband's uncle visiting... Too much... Just too much...

Firstly, I only managed to stay in the room for half an hour before I had to escape to the bedroom to calm down in order to avoid panicking... I stayed there for an hour, then had to find the courage to return to the living room... After that I still had waves of anxiety flooding over me, and I had to make another, shorter escape (about 5 minutes) before returning again.

Also, I spoke only 4 words...

"Hello"
"Shush" (Telling the dog to calm down)
"Nazis" (We were playing him a Sabaton song and my husband was telling him about the battle of Wizna, which the song - '40:1' - is about.. Uncle asked who the Poles were fighting. "Nazis or Soviets?" Husband didn't know the answer, and since I'm the main Sabaton fan, I practically whispered "Nazis")
"Bye"

And now I feel worn out and my head hurts... *Sigh* I LIKE my husband's uncle... Why are things so difficult?

Last edited:

Hoppy

Bending backwards for people sometimes is okay, but when people start to expect you to bend forwards it is time to draw the line.

I hate it when people come to me expecting to make their decisions for them. It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for that fact that the input is never appreciated or utilized.

I can't stand this kind of mental laziness. I am not your submissive advisor, and I'm not your punching bag. Ugh.

[not related to anyone/anything on the site]

Last edited:

Chess

Two decades of obnoxious fire drills and today my school is apparently on fire for real. I left my laptop cord inside...

It had to be college, which I actually like, and not middle school which was terrible.

Kat

If you have never tried opera try that you may like it!:) or get an older version of google chrome.

Duzmiu

doctors again tomorrow...woo! :/
wish they could find out what is wrong with me already so i dont have to keep running back and forth with mindless blood tests that always come back negative or giving me crappy med's (i have about 11 boxes of different meds and none work)

Why do some members of one gender sometimes claim to be an expert on matters concerning the lives of the opposite gender? Is it ignorance or arrogance? Or a narrow-minded belief that because they have seen it a few times where they live on this giant planet, that it must be true.:rolleyes:

(This is a rhetorical question)

Why do some members of one gender sometimes claim to be an expert on matters concerning the lives of the opposite gender? Is it ignorance or arrogance? Or a narrow-minded belief that because they have seen it a few times where they live on this giant planet, that it must be true.:rolleyes:

(This is a rhetorical question)

The answer is... oh wait.