Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

kristina303

lulzf.png

Sorry. I just thought this was very funny ::p:

Haha I noticed that too. :D

this_portrait

My kitty is using her litter box again, thank God.

And it looks like I'll get to start classes this weekend, something I've been looking forward to for quite a while.

Is the mental hospital in the movie Changeling really representative of what they used to be like in the early 1900's? If it is - holy...

Well that movie was nice and depressing. Just the way I like it!

No but really, it was intense but had a hopeful ending. I feel sad now though. Murder tends to do that to you.

I want a hug and a chat over a mug of cocoa :'(

And I still can't believe I'm up this late yet again.

lsdfjdslfjdlsfj whine whine whine ldkjfslskajdalwfj complain

Last edited:

Flanscho

Currently I'm quite annoyed. Since there ain't that much to do at work these days, I teach myself how to render 3d objects directly in the browser. To do so, I also need to get a basic graps of a programm called Blender. And that thing is the most unintuitive monstrosity I ever encountered.

If I'd be a biologist, then Blender would have probably 20 eyes, no mouth, 3 legs, and spend most of it's time running head forward against a wall.

megalon

Currently I'm quite annoyed. Since there ain't that much to do at work these days, I teach myself how to render 3d objects directly in the browser. To do so, I also need to get a basic graps of a programm called Blender. And that thing is the most unintuitive monstrosity I ever encountered.

If I'd be a biologist, then Blender would have probably 20 eyes, no mouth, 3 legs, and spend most of it's time running head forward against a wall.

Yeah it can be overwhelming at first, but once you get the hang of it, it's actually quite easy to use. I made this in Blender in my first week using it. Unfortunately, I never got around to finishing it.::eek::
wire.jpg

clay_w_bars.jpg

bars.jpg

Now I'm really pissed.. I've bought two Wii's now. One was second hand and hacked, and the second one was the ''slim'' edition which can't play GameCube games.. which is one of the biggest reasons I bought it.

F***. Me.

Why the heck does it need a alternate Slim Edition? The original was tiny as can be!

Amitush123

Now I'm really pissed.. I've bought two Wii's now. One was second hand and hacked, and the second one was the ''slim'' edition which can't play GameCube games.. which is one of the biggest reasons I bought it.

F***. Me.

Why the heck does it need a alternate Slim Edition? The original was tiny as can be!

Happened with the ps3 I had...thought I'll be able to play ps2 games with my second - hand ps3, but I got the wrong version :/

F***. Me.

Oh no!::(: Sorry this situation is just not working out for you puma. What can you do now? Can you take the latest one back to where you brought it for a refund?

F***. Me.

Wait, what? There's a version of the wii that can't play GameCube games? What is with these console manufacturers and their fear of backwards compatibility?

Beatmetrics

In life we all think we've been wronged in someway...lets get through the BS and start to try and connect darn it!

Revenge only makes you look like an idiot, because you can't let go!

Last edited:

Rembrandt Broam

Yeah it can be overwhelming at first, but once you get the hang of it, it's actually quite easy to use. I made this in Blender in my first week using it. Unfortunately, I never got around to finishing it.::eek::
bars.jpg

Nice work Megalon! Especially considering you'd only been using it for a week. :eek:

Flanscho: I'm assuming you're using the current 2.6x release of Blender? If you think that's unintuitive you should take a look at the UI of the previous 2.49 incarnation of the application. It makes the current interface look as simple as MS paint in comparison. :D

Happened with the ps3 I had...thought I'll be able to play ps2 games with my second - hand ps3, but I got the wrong version :/

It's really annoying. It's not like it was with the older game consoles where you had cartridges that simply didn't fit in newer consoles. But CD and DVD's should be easily made compatible.

Oh no!::(: Sorry this situation is just not working out for you puma. What can you do now? Can you take the latest one back to where you brought it for a refund?

I'm afraid not. I need the hacked one to play my older GameCube games one, and the newer one to play the Wii games on. It works, essentially, but I just feel silly having a mini tower of Wii's.

It's not even the money I'm concerned about, it's more the principle. That it worked out in the end is merely coincidental. Were I have bought a new Wii from the start, I wouldn't be able to do with it what I bought it for (playing the old games). I think that's a bit lame on Nintendo's behalf.

Wait, what? There's a version of the wii that can't play GameCube games? What is with these console manufacturers and their fear of backwards compatibility?

Yeah, no kidding. And you know what? I've literally stacked the original and the slim Wii and their dimensions and weight are exactly the same as far as I can tell. The only difference I could see was the lacking GameCube capabilities. Making it seem like a prank almost.

I think they don't like the make it backwards compatible because developers don't make any money on second hand sales, but make a lot of money when they sell it through their respective virtual stores. Playstation store, Xbox Live and Wii Store all sell older game as downloads for quite a lot of money.

Labyrinthine

I think living with a parent who has PTSD caused a lot of the problems I've been battling to this day. I know this sounds like the biggest excuse ever. Insensitive of me I realize, too. For example, I always lived in fear of saying the wrong thing and making him snap. Isn't it possible that led to my anxiety of talking amongst peers? I had to constantly watch what I said. He never physically abused me or anything like that, but stupid comments I made in the past would led him to say, hitting a door (his reason being so he wouldn't hit me), or getting in my face screaming. Harmless jokes would get him in my face, telling me how he wished I would just die. He wouldn't let me go to parties or even go out with friends, because I was such an awful child who didn't deserve it. I'd wake up in the middle of the night to him screaming his head off and running down the hall. I never got used to that. It wasn't uncommon for him to break things when it happened and I stopped sleeping at night.

As I said, I wonder if I'm just making excuses for myself. So many children go through so much worse. It just seems like it could have had some affect on me. I feel awful when I think about it since he is my dad and it isn't his fault he's like this. Makes me feel like an awful person. He has so many reasons to be disappointed in me, you know? :/

Last edited:

Starry

My sister sent me a message today asking me to make an egg-free, icing-free, pink birthday cake for her daughter... Now, how to decorate a child's cake without icing, when it has to be pink? I have ideas... But it depends upon my sister's response to them...

GraybeardGhost

My sister sent me a message today asking me to make an egg-free, icing-free, pink birthday cake for her daughter... Now, how to decorate a child's cake without icing, when it has to be pink? I have ideas... But it depends upon my sister's response to them...

Just a thought:
pepto.jpg