Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Invisibleman

I wonder if it's possible to be too close to someone?

My husband and I could not be any closer, we spend 100% of our time together, and live such very isolated lives... Most days the closest we come to real life contact with people is someone walking past the window very infrequently, or my husband answering the door to the postman... Maybe once every couple of months we'll have a family member visit for a few hours... Oh and a weekly phone call to my mother from me and a weekly phone call to his grandmother and uncle for him... Otherwise, we don't talk to or see anyone...

The problem, is, we're so close we seem to actually consider ourselves as one entity... As my husband put it last night "When I imagine talking to someone else, it's me and them... When I'm talking to you it's just "us"... It's almost like there isn't someone else there..." And he's right... Even together, we still feel lonely at times.

We even influence each others emotions so much that we may as well be one person, since there is no way one of us can feel sad and not instantly make the other feel exactly the same... We don't even need to act on our emotions to influence the other... It just happens.

So, then of course, I feel that perhaps there's something wrong with our marriage if we cannot fulfill everything we need, if we still need someone outside of it... Maybe that doesn't make sense to anyone else... But we both always felt that just having each other would be enough... But we're wrong... But then, I wonder, is it because we're too close?

Is it a problem in a marriage to feel that you need a friend too? Both of us feel that way, and we actually want a friend in common, not friends which are only for one person and not the other... But true friends are very difficult to find...

Of course, the main problem is probably just that we've had a lot of negativity in our lives recently, with different things, and perhaps because of our similarity to each other we need a little extra support...

Dont worry about it,its completely normal.My parents are having their 35th anniversary and are going through the same sort of thing. Everybody needs some variety every now and again,and thats something no man or woman can give each other. Just because you dont eat your favourite meal every single day,doesnt mean its not your favourite:).

Anyway I thought having the house to myself for an entire week would be pretty cool and relaxing.But in reality its actually really depressing,it gives me this very strange and uncomfortable feeling.I just feel so isolated and alone::(:

I have this friend whos been nagging me to get on skype,It could be a good way to curb the lonely feeling but its such a daunting thing thing for me. Because its not just me and him, its literally a room of 20 plus people and I get SOOOOO afraid0_0.

Last edited:

awkwardamanda

I'm an idiot. I took a microwavable soup cup to eat at work today. After I cooked it, I opened the microwave to find it all steamy/smoky inside. I thought, "wtf, did the microwave blow?" No. I forgot to add water and the noodles were all burnt.:confused:

Silatuyok

I shouldn't have made those comments. I feel stupid now. I didn't mean to hurt anyone.

I had one of those moments today, too. I accidentally said something mean about one of my coworkers to another of my coworkers. She took it the wrong way, and I was too embarrassed and tongue-tied to explain myself! Now I feel like I should keep my mouth shut more often. :-/

Starry

Why oh why does my husband's uncle want us to watch every one of the boring/poor/rubbish films he gets us to order from Amazon for him? He doesn't even like them most of the time!!! We sent two DVDs directly to his address instead of having them sent here... He was completely perplexed as to why...

I can only guess that since he also has a fairly isolated life that he just wants to share everything with his nephew, since he was in the habit of seeing him very frequently until we moved out to the countryside.

The thing is, these films are so bad we're watching them at twice or 4 times the speed to get them over with! (Whilst still reading the subtitles). The worst ones we've had to endure recently were probably the 'Coffin Joe' collection and 'Nightmare City'... The best has been 'The Medusa Touch'... Which is probably the best film he's ever gotten us to watch... Yet he likes the films we suggest... I just do not get it!

alwayssunnyinphiladelphia

I have to go to food shopping tomorrow and I am getting anxious about it already. All I have to do is walk around a shop and pick up things to a normal person it is no big deal I always feel like I'm going to have a panic attack in that place. Paying at the tills is the worst tho I hate paying the most. Sometimes the person says hello to me and sometimes I can say it back but sometimes I just cant and it looks really rude. I wonder if I am ever going to be able to do small things like this without worrying.

Foxface

I'm tired of being hated for who I am, and judged.

This girl I've added this "girl" to Facebook, last month She was very attractive too. It took me off of it's Facebook friends. It had removed me becuase I had Autism, and it judged me becuase I'm socially awkward. I didn't talk to it, on Facebook, so it removed me. Even those this was a month ago, I randomly started thinking about it, and it got me really upset.

Most attractive girls are mean and judge people like me, and each time it happens, I get further and further down the barrel. I'm surprised I haven't lost my mind or killed myself by now. It justs proves that I am emotionally stronger than I thought, and skinny, good looking girls are the enemy (not all, but most). I am actually frriends with someone, who is skinny and really attractive, and she is my best friend. Someone with her looks is onw in a billion that accepts me. Most attractive girls, think they're all that, full of themselves, too much into fashion, only carring about themselves and their friends.

It disgusts me when people take things for granted like that, and think they are too good for people/better than those who are lower than they are.

I just want to liked and loved. ALl I have to do, is try my best to be normal, be kind, or not to anything at all, and look where it gets me. An ugly loner, who can't make friends even if my life depended on it.